“AMAZING STAY” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“AMAZING STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

To all the people thinking of staying at Space Villa all i can say is a BIG YES. This place has the most amazing staff ( Modana, Adi, Sui, Paris, Astika) they are so accommodating and there is nothing they would not do for their guests.
The place itself is situated in the perfect area in Seminyak, close to all the hot spots and the beach.
The main thing that i can say about this place is the people. The Space staff are not only friendly but they are happy to join in and have a laugh and have some fun
Thank you so much SPACE VILLA for the most amazing 10 day experience, your staff made it so special.
I love all of the people, especially Modana.

Room Tip: Choose room 2
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
SpaceAtBali, Manager at Space at Bali, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Deke,
We are very happy to read of total satisfaction on your recent stay here with us. Modana, Adi, Sui, Paris, Astika are all very appreciative of your compliments and can't wait to welcome you back soon. Thank you so much for recommending to other; With our best wishes for 2013!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We have never experienced such a bad experience in all our travels.

We are currently staying at Space Villas next to the guest from hell. It is not that the villas are bad, it is the fact that the management failed to care for the guests staying at the property.

I refer to a guest who is currently staying at the Villa in #10. A one bedroom pool villa. The same as ours. On the first afternoon we arrived and he was partying by the pool with his friends, I thought fair enough, we all holiday in different ways and he is here to have a good time. By the evening the sound went away as he left for the night, no problem. It was when he later returned with a local prostitute and decided to continue the pool party at 2am, I started to get a little bothered. The walls are very thin!!!

The next morning I reported to the management that the guest next door was making considerable noise and if they could please have a word to him to consider us. That afternoon the same thing happened, noise, yahooing, many friends all once again in his one bedroom villa. I had also heard other guests complaining. We could not stay and listen to the noise so complained to management once again and left for the evening. We came home and tried to sleep as the noise continued. Third day, same thing happened, this time the girl at reception suggested to us maybe we should leave for the afternoon. I reminded her that we were paying $400 per night and that wasn't an acceptable response.

The next morning as our butler was making us breakfast he informed us that our neighbour had arranged the staff to cater a party for him and 8 of his friends in his one bedroom villa but promised us the noise would finish at 9pm. We decided to go out for dinner and wait to come home until around 10pm. As we walked down the alley way back to our villa we saw 3 security guards standing outside his villa. At this time the noise resembled a night club in Kuta. So after 4 days of asking the behaviour to stop the management decided it would be ok for him to host a party in his villa.

We called the manager who went and spoke to the guest who we heard just laugh at him and slam the door, all the while the security stood there doing nothing. The guest then proceeded to abuse us over our Villa wall and shot 2 rounds of fire works over the top of our villa. You can imagine how safe we felt.

Next morning a manager stopped us and apologised and offered us a one hour massage. Meanwhile the guest is still in the villa with no consequence.

If you think that is an acceptable response from a villa manager after a week of hell, by all means book your holiday at Space Villas and just pray the same thing doesn't happen to you.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SpaceAtBali, Manager at Space at Bali, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear DannyandSteve
We have taken your recent unfortunate experiences at Space Villas very seriously. We will learn from this incident and make some changes to internal policy. In the future our staff will take very specific actions to ensure that inconvenience from one set of guests does not disrupt enjoyment of others.In this instance, the guests were very difficult to deal with. Fortunately this was a very rare incident, our staff perhaps should have called for external assistance to enforce their requests. We Balinese are known for our gentle nature and non-confrontational approach to conflicts. This could be taken for granted and even abused at times by selfish individuals who simply could not care less. What has happened unfortunately cannot be undone. Please accept our sincere apologies, we look forward soon to welcome you back at Space at Bali.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have not stayed here yet but I just wanted to let people know, I spent many days looking at villas for an upcoming holiday, I emailed many with no reply NOTHING then I found Space at Bail I emailed them and within 5 mins had a reply within half an hour all questions where answerd and our villa booked thank you and we are truly excited about out stay with you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SpaceAtBali, Manager at Space at Bali, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for highlighting our efficient reservation follow up, it was important to us to that a fast and detailed offer captured you attention and was convincing enough for you to firm up a reservation; Thank you for giving us an opportunity to welcome you soon and you can rest assured that everyone will do his/her utmost to make this visit a very memorable one!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Wow!!! These Villas are amazing in every way possible.

My two best friends and I stayed in Space at Bali Villas for three nights to complete our two week trip in Bali. We stayed in a two bedroom villa. We were excited to stay here and were expecting an amazing villa. We were not disappointed.

Our first impression was a breathtaking, luxury villa, serviced by well trained and friendly staff.

Firstly the villas are well located. They are down a long drive way just off one of the main streets of Seminyak. Potato Head, La Lucciolas, Ku De Ta and Ultimo are all only a short taxi ride away. A mini mart is located just at the end of the driveway and is useful for all your last minute needs.

Secondly, the staff are well trained, friendly and eager to please. Our butler Suar was lovely and approachable. He made beautiful fresh breakfast each morning and was attentive to anything we may have wanted.

Thirdly the villa was beautiful. The interiors are beautifully appointed in a modern Balinese style with a hint of Moroccan decor. They are luxurious and spacious. Each bedroom has a king size bed, day bed, study desk, plasma, walk in wardrobe and outdoor bathroom. The kitchen was fully equipped and stocked. There was a choice of two comfortable and relaxing lounge rooms (one on the ground floor and one on the mezzanine level). The exteriors are equally as beautiful. The pool, deck and gardens are maintained and cleaned daily. The pool is huge and clean, the outdoor lounges are comfortable and the outside bale is the perfect place to relax with a drink or book and even features its own speaker to allow you to play your own music throughout the garden.

We would not hesitate to stay back at Space at Bali again. I am excited to bring my own family back here so they can experience every thing the Villas have to offer.

Thank you to all the staff at Space at Bali for making the stay extra memorable.

Rachael.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Rachael,
Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review for us. Indeed Space at Bali Villas provide guests a tranquil and serene environment while being very accessible to the bustling Seminyak areas. I am pleased that you enjoyed the villa and that our staff were the perfect hosts to you and your friends. You are right that these are precisely the little details that set us a part from other Villas. I hope to be able to welcome you and your friends back again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed at space villas for 6 nights and had nothing but wonderful service especially by mudana, as soon as something was requested he was at our door step within a minute, fantastic service and nothing was ever too much. Special mention about our tour guide and transfer driver gede , wonderful man and fantastic tour guide felt very safe in the car on balis crazy streets . Our butler erna was also fantastic beautiful breakfast every morning. Would definately stay here again

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Wendy
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Space at Bali Villas. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all who strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Six years of pilgrimage to Bali, and 18 private pool villas later, I think I have finally found my perfect home away from home in Bali.

Service is ultimately important for a resort location, and Space @ Bali Villas' is impeccable. All staff are very well trained, but more than that, I think the Boss here has an eye to spot that genuine Bali personality. This is best exemplified by our Butler, Widana. He is a very genuine and kind young man. More than just hardworking, polite, has good attention to detail, you actually know he wants to do this utmost best to make you as comfortable as you can be on your vacation. Almost all villas in Bali say you have a personalised butler, and I've come to learned that yes, you get a butler, but not at all personalised. At Space @ Bali Villas, you truly get personalised service: Widana actually makes it a point to remember your personal preferences for breakfast (he's also your chef), special condiments, how you like to layout your stuff when your room is made (yes, he's also your chambermaid - fantastic concept I must say, one-man do-it-all), positions of your random stuff in the living room, how many shampoo / bath gel / face / bath towels you'd like daily, how you like to lay out your pillows (they have pillow choices here! from soft to bouncy!) whether you go for coffee refills, or like your fridge constantly stocked with ice, what time you like turn-down services, etc, etc (you get the idea). This will be the first time I actually feel compelled to insist on Widana as my butler when I come to Space @ Bali Villa again! This is true personalised butler service. For this to happen, you not only must have good training SOPs and staff who are happy at their job, but a good Owner/Boss who loves his villa and his staff. I take my hat off to the Owner, the Management Team, and of course the staff, for your dedication to your work. Our driver, Gede, was extremely polite and speaks very fluent English. He is very knowledgeable about restaurants (all cuisines), and is willing to share freely (even if you don't book the hotel MPV). Have used many drivers before in Bali, both hotel and private operators, an this Hotel car / driver rate is the cheapest (yes, the cheapest, not 'among the cheapest'!). Or so we were told when we converse with other drivers in Bali. The rates are $250K for 3 hours. And $50K every subsequent hour thereafter.

I’ve given up asking hotel villas to prepare something for my girlfriend’s birthday only to be let down. This vacation, I didn’t say a thing to the Space @ Bali Villa reception. But on her birthday, guess what?! Widana turned up with other fellow butlers with a birthday cake! A proper birthday cake from a cake shop and with “Happy Birthday, Grace” on it. They had the right candles but didn’t have candle holders for some reason, but that didn’t stop the staff using toothpicks inserted on the underside of the candles to give support! How resourceful!

I stayed 8 nights in their one-room pool villa. I got absolute privacy. For starters, I'm not kidding when I say this villa is as quiet as any villa in Ubud! It is in the quiet side of Jalan Drupadi. Looking at our villa's location amongst the others, the other villas are gonna be the same. The villa layout is PERFECT (I always stay in private pool villas, and always can 'feel' some shortfall in their design, so I'm not using 'perfect' lightly here. Its not the largest one-room pool villa I've stayed, but this is the most impressive. The best word to use is 'logical'. I'm a developer myself (business parks and office buildings), and I can appreciate the rigorous design review sessions the Owner must have spent with his architect and interior decorator to come up with an absolute cozy gem like this. The pool, gazebo, daybeds, landscape garden and the villa itself are well placed in relationship with each other. You get maximum sun-exposure to the pool from 8am all the way to 6pm! The lawn lays 2 side-by-side with space to spare, if you are doing some serious tanning. The transition from exterior to interior is also very 'logical', and if you're a sun-baby like me, you will appreciate this - beeline the kitchen grab a drink, beeline to the bedroom grab that mobile phone which is charging, beeline to the shower / toilet for emergencies, beeline to the living area for sunblock. The bathroom is huge, and again 'logical'. You get maximum daylighting, but the experienced architect who knows local condition also made it cool in the daytime and dry on rainy days. An awesome thing I realized is the shower mosaic wall – you know when you lean on the wall during a warm shower and get ‘shocked’ by the cold tiles? These tiles are actually warm to the touch! Very clever use of mosaic with quartz-like grains to give this sort of insulating effect! The kitchen is small, yes, but compact and well laid out, and smart use of small spaces (like the shoebox showrooms in IKEA). Everything you possibly need is in this small compact kitchen! Even a drinking water dispenser and hidden garbage basket. Internet here is also fast, important if you want to keep in contact with friends and family (for me, work too, unfortunately).

I stayed at Villa No. 8, but from the looks of the layout of the compound, all Villas are laid out in the same orientation, no mirror image villas. This actually helps when you return years later to re-live a very special moment and can't get the exact same villa. My special moment actually happened last night. Was going to pop the BIG QUESTION to my girlfriend of 6yrs (yes, we found Bali together 6yrs ago and have been returning yearly ever since) tonight at the Pearl French Restaurant, but our villa was so perfect last night, that I strayed from my plan and proposed IN THE VILLA. It was perfect - an important private moment in the most perfect place on earth (in retrospect, I'm glad I proposed in the villa rather than amongst strangers in a crowded restaurant on a Friday night!). And... she said 'YES, YES, YES, YES, YES' (yes, literally 5 'yeses')!

It's my last day here, I leave tomorrow for Amed... It's my first time contributing to TripAdvisor (although I use it religiously), but I think Space @ Bali Villas has well earned, and deserves, my time for this contribution. My only hesitation in writing this was that this will help it up Space @ Bali Villa's rating on TripAdvisor, and invariably increase its prices... But that's gonna happen anyways, I believe. So I wish Space @ Bali Villas, its management team and staff, all the best. To the Owner / Boss, congratulations on a fantastic villa development, and putting together a fantastic team of staff. I will definitely see you next year, on my usual annual pilgrimage to Bali.

Sincerely

Mark K.

• Stayed December 2012
SpaceAtBali, Manager at Space at Bali, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Mark,
It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay in our new one bedroom villa. Indeed our villas do make for a great location, ideal and only a few moments away from everything wonderful that Seminyak has to offer.Thank you for making special mention of our team – they do make a holiday even more special and are genuinely kind and caring. More importantly, Congratulations, we are delighted to hear of the very special occasion and memories this visit be remembered for;
Thank you for recommending us to others and for taking the time to share your holiday experience and we certainly look forward to welcome you back soon!
Thornton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Simply amazing. Firstly the villa was stunning. A perfect blend of indoor and outdoor living, Balinese charm with modern conveniences and a pool that was always at the perfect temperature.

The only thing to top this was the service provided by the staff. Our butler, Saur, was on hand morning, noon and night with with everything we needed. This included things we didn't know we needed until Saur arrived with them, such as lighting mosquito coils each evening.

The in villa dining was excellent and prices were great. I was a little concerned I might miss big resort facilities like restaurants and bars on site, but I didn't even think about it once while at Space. Everything you need is catered for so well, and anything can be provided in your villa.

You will want for absolutely nothing!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks you for your lovely comments which we have passed on to our staff, Saur who will greatly appreciate hearing from you. Many of our guests develop long lasting friendships with the Villas staff and return often to Bali to further that bond. I am pleased that you enjoyed the villa and its facilities and that our staff were the perfect hosts to you and your friends. You are right that these are precisely the little details that set us a part from other villas and hotels. I hope to be able to welcome you back soon !

Been to Space at Bali? Share your experiences!