This is my first time in Brunei. I stayed at the Empire for my honeymoon since my husband is originally from Brunei.
I was extremely disappointed with the hotel and its service. The room we stayed at had all sorts of problems. First of all, the bed linen had a huge stain that looked like dry blood on it. Then I took a shower not realizing the shower drain was clogged and the whole bathroom was flooded. The staff came and unclogged the shower drain but left the floor all wet. We had to call them to come again to mob the floor. Later in the middle of the night, the toliet started leaking and flooded the bathroom again. Instead of fixing it, they came and shut off the water of the toliet and we couldn't even use the toliet for the whole night. Even until we checked out the following afternoon at 3pm, they still haven't fix the toliet.
We complained to the front desk the following morning and they just said "just fill out our survey" and that they might upgrade us for our next stay. WTF, who in the right mind would want to stay here again if they have a horrible experience the first time. We were so mad and asked for their Manager and they told us they cannot find their Manager after we waited at the lobby for 20 minutes, while we just saw the Manager peeking out the door a couple of minutes ago in the lobby.
This hotel not only have horrible room and service, but apparently they have irresponsible Management who are not willing to take responsibilities and face their customers. From all the hotels I stayed at, I have never had such horrible experience. No matter how glam this hotel looks, it will never be at the standard and service quality of a world class hotel if they don't fire their Management and retrain their staff.
- Also Known As:
- The Empire Hotel And Country Club
- The Empire Hotel And Country
- Empire Hotel Brunei
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the north eastern tip of Borneo on the doorstep of one of Asia's oldest rainforests, The Empire Hotel & Country Club is Brunei’s most prestigious beach resort offering unsurpassed 5-star luxury.This palatial resort hotel, which astounds visitors with its spectacular 12 storey marble and gold lobby, is set in its own private 180-hectare (445 acres) estate of manicured gardens and an 18-hole, floodlit Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course and Country Club. Each of the hotel’s 518 opulently appointed guest rooms, suites and private villas has a view of the ocean, lagoon, gardens or golf course, while standard throughout the hotel are Imperial king-sized beds made with the finest linens, and over-sized marble bathrooms with walk-in shower, deep soaking tub with gold taps and luxury amenities. The Empire Hotel & Country Club also extends the kingdom’s regal hospitality with an impressive range of international restaurants, spa, world-class golf and sporting activities, and international meeting facilities for top level MICE gatherings, making it a resort ideal for family, romantic or business vacations. The Empire Hotel & Country Club is a member of WORLDHOTELS and recipient of numerous prestigious international awards.Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor® award 2013Runner Up for Best Golf Resort in Asia Pacific by Asian Golf Monthly Award 2012Best Golf Resort in Asia Pacific by Asian Golf Monthly Award 2011 & 2010 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Splendia, Agoda, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Otel, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your The Empire Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.