“Disappointment Wrapped In Shabby Vintage Chic” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Coco Bella

Coco Bella
Nr 72 Andries Pretorius Street | Corner of St James street, Somerset West 7130, South Africa
021-8519922
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 71 Restaurants in Somerset West
Cuisines: Bakery, Delicatessen, Continental, International
Dining options: Private Dining
Description: Restaurant/Patisserie/Deli - Hidden Treasure in the Heart of Somerset West, in beautifull garden setting. Pastry Chef owner, delicious Cakes/Pastries/Breads. Breakfasts/Lunches. Events/Birthday parties/High Teas etx
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Disappointment Wrapped In Shabby Vintage Chic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I have been intrigued by the quaint eatery for quite a while, but was severely disappointed when I stopped by. Although I hadn't taken any pictures, I had my camera out and with me, as per usual, but was within minutes rudely informed by a manageress (who practically barked at me) that photos weren't allowed, no reasons given. Our visit was furthermore tainted by a 40 minute waiting period for a breakfast croissant and omelette. As for the rest: Our waitress was a gem, and the food on the menu looked interesting - however, I'm not tempted to go back to test that theory.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Somerset West, Western Cape, South Africa
“Little gem”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have driven past this little place a million times, but it was only on a friend's recommendation that we visited it for lunch recently.
What a pleasant surprise! The food was great for lunches or coffee visits and I loved the homely decor.
The only thing I could fault was that our waitress, although very friendly, could do with a bit more training on the menu. Luckily the owner was present and overheard a couple of things, so was able to tell us more.
Give it a try!

• Visited November 2013
Somerset West, South Africa
“Nice for a quick coffee.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Recently took my mum who was visiting for a lunch. She enjoyed her meal, staff was friendly and the menu was resaonably priced. The tables do wobble a lot, not my first visit. The only thing I would change is the amount of nik naks standing around. The space is nice and large outside but ends up looking smaller with so many things.

• Visited November 2013
Somerset West, South Africa
“Hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

On some roads you just put your head (not feet) down and hope you get all the traffic lights green. That means you might miss some great restaurants on the side.
I've been driving past Coco Bella for quite some time and was pleasantly surprised when I first found it at the end of 2012. Lovely decor inside with lots of products that you can buy.
The food was of good standard and they served a locally produced beer. Bonus points for serving it in a cold glass.
My dog was welcome and she was offered a bowl of water as well.

• Visited January 2013