“Wonderful beef espetada” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Wonderful beef espetada”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The ambiance is comfortable and friendly and I have found that the beef espetada is consistently good. The waiters are always friendly but the service is often quite slow.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Strand, Western Cape, South Africa
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Nice and cosy . Don't have the Prego steak roll . It is a tenderised piece of meat with anything but a Prego sauce that is really disappointing. The Espetadas holds little resemblance to the quality that was served couple of years ago. I gave it a second chance after the last disappointing encounter. I guess its ...Goodbye.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Jeffreys Bay, South Africa
“Lovely Tavern,Good food and Vibe.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friends and I went to have dinner at the Casa Valdez. We had prawns,Ribs and Chincharda,which was lovely.We had a lovely bottle of Brampton Rose. I highly recommend this bottle of rose.The waiter who served us was friendly and efficiant.
Thank you Casa Valdez you will see us again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“a real taverna, good food and vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Lovely little place with a lot of character; My wife and I had very tasty portuguese peri peri chicken (if I have to criticize, then it could have been a bit more crispy); the kids calamari strips were just OK (they didn't finish it). The sticky toffee pudding was so divine it nearly caused a family riot (because we decided to share).

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle
“Good food and nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere in this place as we stopped by without knowing what kind of place it was. We were lucky to be early enough not to need a reservation. The hostess was helpful to recommend good meals for the children, and the waiters were very nice. I liked the simplicity of the menu.The food was good -be warned by the piri piri sauce! and fairly authentic. I would recommend this place also for a large group because the acoustics are such that you're not easily bothered by other tables' noise levels.

• Visited February 2013