“Must do and enjoy SA wines:)” 5 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Owner description: exclusive private wine tours of the Cape of South Africa
St. Petersburg
14 attraction reviews
“Must do and enjoy SA wines:)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Very pleasant tour, visiting different wine yards and tasting their wines. We would like to do it again when we are in the area. SA wines are amazingly very nice, especially the white ones( FOR ME). There is option to buy a plate with SA cheeses as well, also very nice and go well with the wine. People are very friendly - something not to be missed!

Visited November 2011
Greatest A, Manager at Greatest Africa Private Wine Day Tours, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Huge apologies for only responding to your TA review now!.. Lovely to meet you - delighted you enjoyed the wine tour.. have a great Christmas and 2014
very best
richard

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Top sites - amazing host”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Had a wonderful time with Richard as a personal host specifically for our group - and enjoyed some of the top South Africa wineries in Cape Town area as well as a terrific lunch!
Couldn't have been any better for us

Visited July 2011
Greatest A, Owner at Greatest Africa Private Wine Day Tours, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Hi Kim
Apologies for such a late reply to your review!.. Great to meet you and your friends. Wishing you a fabulous Christmas and 2014
best wishes
richard
Bradford-on-Avon, England, United Kingdom
“Just Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

As a Cape Townian now living in the UK, I try to get back there as often as I can. On my previous two visits I have used Richard as our "Wine" tour guide.

Both experiances where amazing, and so different. He will taylor make your day to suit you, depending of what you know, where you have previously been, what you would like to experiance and who you are with. He is also so informative on South African history and taught me a few things!!!

The days are not rushed, but yet you feel you are not missing out on anything. Richard will arrange to pick you up where you are staying, on our second trip he hired a mini-bus to fit the family all in!

Lunch is always great, on the first trip was it was in this amazing little restaurant and on the second trip it was a picnic in the gardens of Boschendal - both times perfect!

I would recommend Richard always, it is a great way to visit the wine regions of Cape Town, with someone who understands wine, is knowagable, interesting and fun! It was brilliant, Thanks Richard.

Visited October 2011
GreatestCapeCapeTown, Owner at Greatest Africa Private Wine Day Tours, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words - it's always been such a pleasure guiding your friends and family around our magical winelands.
London, United Kingdom
“You've got to book this one! Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Just when you think you have seen it all! I am a Cape Townian born and raised and while I have been to Constantia and Stellenbosch many times I was excited to experience 'new wonders'. Richard Hilton from Greatest Cape Wine Tours took us on a journey that was so enjoyable we have decided to follow our tracks and do it all over again.

Richard collected us from an agreed location and we set off into Cape Towns magestic mountains. I will not give too much away as that is half the experience but what I can say is that there were things I learned on the trip that I did not know. There were places I had never been. We stopped at an Estate to have a scrumptious light lunch and have the priviledge of tasting Richard Hiltons own wine - (Pax ‘Verbatim’ Vineyards) which is truly beautiful. The views were breath-taking and out of this world. Richard stopped at several estates on the way where we had the opportunity to sit outside at the estate bar overlooking Cape Town where we could just soak up the views while sipping on smooth fragrant wine, those with positive and distinctive taste characteristics to rich wines with lasting flavours. There were wines that I never thought of trying and now love. We highly recommend Greatest Cape Wine tours (http://www.greatestcape.co.za/). A day out to remember.....

Visited September 2011
I was so delighted to open up your eyes to the interesting facets of the wine industry and share some wonderful wine locations for you to enjoy now and in the future.