“Beautiful view and that's it...” 3 of 5 stars

0027+21 858 1491
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Cape Town
“Beautiful view and that's it...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Went there for lunch, and expected a lot from this place. The view is magnificent (till the ocean); the food however is not magnificent: my quail was not hot when served and missed a sauce. The service was really poor: my son had to wait about half an hour before he got his grapetiser. When I asked for a plain Coke, a whole circus happened: at first they didn't have any (Coke!!!), then they brought me Coke Light instead of Coke Zero, and when I refused that, all of a sudden, they brought me my normal Coke. Is this a team?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Aix-en-Provence, France
“Our favourite restaurant of our whole stay in RSA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We loved this place, the restaurant looks gorgeous, the view is stunning, the service is top-notch, the wines are excellent and the food delicious. Highly recommend!!!

• Visited February 2013
Harrogate
“High. High. Very High Cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Look up at the Helderberg mountains, notice a futuristic glass box projecting from the summit.It's no eagle's nest - its The Restaurant at Waterkloof - surveying the expanse of False bay and Strand from it's perch. Your vehicle climbs and climbs. Finally you arrive and enter a glass, steel and wood interior vying with the panoramic view to take your breath away.
Polished wood flooring glistens, reflecting the flames from a central open fire and its arresting black metal canopy. Look over at the open kitchen or way across to the stainless steel cylinders producing the Waterkloof Estate's wines.
But would the food match up?
After a bottle of Waterkloof sparkling white.. the starters. Wow. So beautifully presented you didn't know whether to eat it or hang it on your wall! My marinated trout slices(sushi-like) with wasabi sorbet was outstanding. After an amuse bouche -the mains. My Kudu loin (like venison) was perfect - rare, meltingly soft. But when our friend, a somerset west professional,tried her seared tuna with pistachio crust I thought she'd sat on a pin.Her face froze then broke into a smile - "That's the best tuna I've ever tasted". And she is hard to please. The accompanying Waterkloof sauvignon blanc went down too well and too fast!
Service was professional but friendly .We discover our waiter is an Arsenal supporter - but with his wide smile we didn't hold it against him.
This is excellent nouvelle cuisine- portions to be savoured, small but adequate.
Value? - great exchange rate for brits -£25 a head. Unbelievable. Best overall experience of our holiday.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Five Star Location with Four Star Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went for a Sunday lunch to the restaurant. The restaurant is located high above with a great view of the ocean and mountains. The restaurant is very modern with lots of glass and high ceilings. Service was good.

The food was somewhat of a contradiction. It was beautifully presented but the taste was lacking.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Crowthorne, United Kingdom
“Stunning and Unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Had a fantastic night at an amasing restaurant. I was blown away by the views and the service. Food is great, but certainly not for chubby lads. Very nouvelle cuisine, but after eating gigantic steaks for a week, it was actually nice to enjoy less. I chose Springbok as I had never tried It before. It was so good. I will DEFINATELY have it again. Well done for opening my eyes to something different. Wine was very competatively priced and a good selection. Please go for a unique very pleasurable experience. I am not a tourist and travel to Cape Town on business frequently, so take my word for it, a great restaurant, stunning views and good service. Can't wait to return.

• Visited March 2013