This is a hotel with pretensions of luxury but it's not competitive today. It's set out like a motel, with long walks to some rooms. There are few areas for quiet relaxation, only the lounge with is smack in the middle of the small lobby. The pool isn't heated, so abandoned in Winter. The grounds boast a tennis court (no one playing), a helipad (no helicopter) and a lake (which is a pond). The restaurants serve mediocre food, though the wine list is good. The internet connection is slow.
I found the staff quiet and efficient.
But this hotel is miles from anywhere. If you want to see anything you have to book a car to take you there and back again. 15 minutes to Stellenbosch, 45 minutes to Cape Town waterfront. And, as I have described, it's not a hotel you really want to hang around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NH The Lord Charles hotel in Cape Town is nestled between the wine country of the Cape, the Helderberg Mountains and False Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and South African Hotels so you can book your NH The Lord Charles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh The Lord Charles Hotel Somerset West
- NH The Lord Charles Somerset West, South Africa - Cape Town