“Beautiful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 72 Somerset West B&B and Inns
Chesterfield, Michigan
“Beautiful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband, niece and I selected Huis Waveren sight unseen when looking for a place the night before we were leaving Cape Town. It was beautiful and the owners of the bed and breakfast were exceptional. The room was very clean and the little personal touches of cookies and chocolates were wonderful. The hostess recommended and then made us reservations at a great restaurant nearby. We were leaving at 5:00 a.m. and she got up and packed breakfast and snacks for all three of us. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. It was winter while we were visiting, but the pool and the grounds were gorgeous.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hamburg, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Willem and his wife were wonderful hosts to our party of 5. We took 3 of their rooms, 2 overlooking the pool, and one main floor room, out to their beautiful garden. Breakfast each morning, technically should have plied us for the entire day.......but of course we needed to try some of the restaurants they'd suggested, as well! Bountiful breakfasts and delicious. Comfortable beds, clean and fresh accommodations, including a small refrigerator, including a bar within, as well as a coffee/tea maker. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and highly recommend them.

Room Tip: Ask for the white room overlooking the pool!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

The Owner's were the salt of the Earth had a great deal to do with our joy in staying here. You absolutely MUST purchase the buffet breakfast every morning, it is simply to die for.

The location is in prestigious Somerset West, known for its extravagenze and oppulance. The home was beautiful inside and out. We had a safe designated parking spot within the security gate, of which he had a 24 hour remote key for coming and going as we pleased.

We stayed in the Palms Suite and I highly recommend it. The room was immaculate and up to par with some of the finest Ritz rooms I have stayed in throughout Europe and America. The attention to detail was refreshing. Privacy was well maintained and the room came with a safe as well as a mini fridge stocked with alcohol, cold drinks, and snacks.

The view is amazing and looks directly down onto the coastal town of Strand.

To make a few suggestions while staying in the Cape Town area, I was blessed to have a local show my wife and I the surrounding country outside of the city.

If you go you absolutely MUST see Franschoek and Stollenbosch. Do yourself the favor and make it a priority to spend a long evening in the city of Franschoek and enjoy the exceptional food and award winning wine.

Visit MOYO, an outdoor restaurant that is like nothing else on this planet. While you are there, pet the Cheetah's!

Visit Camp's Bay, Clifton, and Hout Bay.

While in Cape Town you must visit the Waterfront.

All in All, Cape Town and the Western Cape as a whole is the most beautiful place I have ever been. It's safe, clean, and peaceful. I will never forget watching the sun set in the valley of Franschoek with the love of my life, do not miss the opportunity to visit such a magnificent gift from Heaven!

THANK YOU FOR HAVING US AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO VISITING AGAIN!

• Liked — Location, Food, and the Owner's Company.
  • Disliked — Finding the Property Initially
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Bruges, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

It was the first time that I booked a B&B formule as I usualy book hotels for my business trip. And I will be back !

What a nice and warm welcome we got when we arrived after a 14h fligt. Immediately we were welcomed with a nice coffe and some fresh cakes.

The rooms are very spacious and extremly clean. All what you need is available and small details in the room makes this a wonderfull experience.

Breakfast was fantastic, more then you can eat. The owners gave us all the advice and tips during our stay and gave me a warm feeling.

For sure I will be back if I am in the region again.

• Liked — the overall property
  • Stayed November 2011

Been to Huis Waveren? Share your experiences!