“Most enjoyable...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pine Lake Marina

You added Pine Lake Marina to your Saves list
Pine Lake Marina
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Pine Lake Marina Resort | N2 (Swartvlei exit), Sedgefield, Knysna 6573, South Africa   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Sedgefield B&B and Inns
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“Most enjoyable...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here. Okay there was the wind, but one cant place the place for that! The lake proved to be a lot of fun, especially the little paddle boats, that was great fun. Waking up in the morning and having tea with the guinea fowl right in fron of the door was really great. Worth its money, and a great place to chill and have a break.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cape Town
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2010

This was my wife's first third visit to Pine Lake Marina and my first. My wife convinced me to take us with our young nine month old baby to Pine Lake for a family holiday.

After hearing her stories of great holidays spent there by her, I was looking quite forward to my relaxing time away with the great resort and facilities.

I was impressed with the resort facilities and the location. We arrived there finding our unit a bit dusty, but thought not too much of it, since it had been raining. We found a couple of ants inside the unit as well, but swept out the place and packed out.

By the next morning the rain has cleared up, but the ants haven't. I went to the front desk to report it. I mentioned to them that the door had a bit of a gap in it as well, and I suspect the ants might be coming in through it. She said they will have a look into it.

After spending the morning at the beach we came back to our unit for lunch, only to discover that there were ants everywhere and over our food. I was disgusted. No one had come to inspect the issue. I found a staff member and reported it to them. After a while they brought me a insect spray for the ants. I was appalled. I wasn't going to spray the room with insect spray when my little one is crawling around. Also I felt that it wasn't my issue to sort out.

To make a long story short, I reported the issue to the front desk again. They came to clean the unit, but never took care of the problem. After moving furniture to clean the unit a bit more I discovered dirt, dead ants and insects. I spent my mornings and evenings sweeping out ants and I must admit the best part of my holiday was leaving Pine Lake.

I am totally dissappointed and would not go again. My wife admits that the quality of service definitely went down, since its under new ownership.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

We seldom holiday with other people but for our stay at Pine Lake Marina we (2 adults, 1 toddler) joined two other couples and 1 couple had a kid.

We stayed in a 3 roomed cottage. It was very spacious and clean. The beds were made up daily and the place cleaned so we were able to truly enjoy our stay without the effort of cleaning up.

The facilities are perfect for families and there's something for everyone.

Games, Tennis, water-sports and many other sporty activities.

I thoroughly enjoyed the week we spent at Pine Lake Marina and would love to return.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Been to Pine Lake Marina? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Pine Lake Marina

Address: Pine Lake Marina Resort | N2 (Swartvlei exit), Sedgefield, Knysna 6573, South Africa
Location: South Africa > Western Cape > Knysna > Sedgefield
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 11 B&Bs / Inns in Sedgefield
Hotel Class:3 star — Pine Lake Marina 3*
Pine Lake Marina (SATOUR 3 star graded) is a self-catering family orientated holiday resort situated on the banks of the spectacular Swartvlei Lake, outside Sedgefield - in the heart of the Garden Route, South Africa. Rates include a variety of activities, for example, tennis, squash, kayaking, pedalos, mini-golf, etc. that can be done on site, whilst the location means it is a short drive to explore all that this wonderful area has to offer! Swimming beaches are close by and the area offers an abundance of activities to enjoy including Mountain Biking; Bungee Jumping; Paragliding; kite-surfing; Trail Running; .The newly completed conference centre and restaurant offers a beautiful setting for weddings and other functions at very affordable rates.Across the road there is an associated short golf course, The Sedge Links - where you can improve your short-game or learn the game for the first time! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Pine Lake Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Pine Lake Marina Hotel Sedgefield

If you own or manage Pine Lake Marina, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.