“Comfortable B&B - basic and clean.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Pelican Lodge

and 1 more site!
You added Pelican Lodge to your Saves list
Pelican Lodge
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   43 Pelican Lane, Sedgefield, Knysna 6573, South Africa   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Sedgefield B&B and Inns
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Comfortable B&B - basic and clean.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Fair value. Good overnight stay with some rooms and units suiting families. Sleep quality not that great. Breakfast was good with really friendly kitchen staff. We had a misunderstanding with the management regarding our booking change that resulted in a cancellation fee. Fair enough - but left a sour taste as we are annual guests - and we won't be going back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, it has been a great pleasure each year to have you and your Golfing buddies visit us, and I was saddened to hear that you won't be coming back due to some of the guys leaving for Australia. You always looked like you had such fun, and where possible my team and I went out of our way to make this a fun place for you all. Fond memories

Pelican Lodge Guesthouse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

A pretty basic place but really good.
The owner was really great as were the staff and since there isn't much in the area I would definitely recommend this place.
Decent size rooms and the room was well kept.
The Internet worked pretty well as well which is a big plus in Africa ..
If you are there on a Saturday check out the market for some awesome local foods!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
LB1976, Owner at Pelican Lodge, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to feedback on your stay, we're really glad we were able to assist you on a recent over nighting, and that it covered all your needs.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We so enjoyed our stay at Pelican Lodge earlier this month. Ian and his staff made us so very welcome and made us feel so at home. Our breakfasts prepared by Thandi most days were so enjoyable and we could not fault the quality of the food and presentation. Not to forget Ian's family who also were so friendly and helpful offering advice where needed. We will certainly be going back to visit Pelican Lodge for a breakfast or two when we move to Sedgefield in the very near future.

Stayed September 2013
LB1976, Owner at Pelican Lodge, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you both back to Sedgefield very soon.

Good Thunder, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Pelican Lodge is nearly a magical place to stay. It's conveniently located--easy to find but feels very much off the beaten path. Sedgefield itself is a fantastic town, but the Pelican Lodge topped it off. The staff greeted us like family, and treated us as if we mattered.
Each room is unique, and each is homey and elegant, comfortable and clean. I loved my balcony, and loved both the view of stars and of early morning light. The patio/courtyard and braai pit area are comfortable places to gather.
The gourmet, healthy breakfast was spectacular. It may have been among the best breakfasts I have had in my life. LOVE this place!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LB1976, Owner at Pelican Lodge, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to feedback, we look forward to welcoming you and your academic team back again next year.

Sedgefield, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Luca and Drue say this is where you will get the best French Toast in the world. Grandpa and Nana think so too. Great breakfasts and good service with a smile. Will be back for sure. Thank you Ian. You are doing a great job to keep up the standard

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LB1976, Owner at Pelican Lodge, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hey Guys,

Thank you for the feedback, Always good to know when we're getting it right. Thank you to the grand children for placing us so high on the accreditation board for " Best French Toast in the Whole Wide World"

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The unit was a little cold, it could have done with more heating considering it was winter. DStv would be a good addition. Wifi connection was a little tempermental, but it was invaluable and great to have.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

LB1976, Owner at Pelican Lodge, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, I'm sorry you didn't let me know as I could have sorted out additional heaters to the panel ones in the room. I have now placed a Gas Portable heater in the Suite for extra heat as standard for the winter, and have also this week purchased DSTV decoders to add to the 2 Self Catering Suites as a value additional.

I do hope you return to experience the new additions.

Pelican Lodge Guesthouse
Stanford, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Ian, I thought that perhaps you gave me special attention but, I was wrong. The way you welcomed me and went out of your way to make me comfortable is obviously the way you treat all your guests. I just loved my spotless room with the balcony and the breakfast was scrumptious. I am just sorry that I could not spend more time there to fully enjoy the garden. The one night I spent there while on a hectic business trip resuscitated and energised me for the rest of the trip. Congratulations!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
LB1976, Owner at Pelican Lodge, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback, it's good to see you enjoyed yourself while visiting us for the one night. I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Owner Pelican Lodge Guesthouse

Been to Pelican Lodge? Share your experiences!