“An experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Teniqua Treetops

You added Teniqua Treetops to your Saves list
Teniqua Treetops
3.0 of 5 Cottage   |   Foot hills of the Outenique Mountains | between Knysna and Sedgefield, Sedgefield, Knysna 6573, South Africa   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cape Town
“An experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Staying at the Treetops was an experience! I strongly recommend that anyone with a love for the outdoors and need to escape city life do. I will definitely be back and tell everyone I know about it! !

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Teniqua, Owner at Teniqua Treetops, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay, Teniqua Treetops is a different experience and time to recharge your soul and relax back into the natural world. Regards
Robyn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

we (a young couple) stayed for two nights in this special, awesome place. the owners first showed us around - we felt with how much love and how conscientious these treetops were built.
surrounded by nature, having great views over the forest and "first row seats" for the sunrise and sunset, with a outside bathtub, lot of privacy, birds singing and flying around - just a perfect place to be.
we also did not have any (smelling) problems with the eco compost toilet.

the hike down to the river and the two pools (don't miss two swim in them) is worth going for.

Teniqua, Owner at Teniqua Treetops, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hi, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. The tree houses are all really private and we spent a long time selecting where to build them to maximize the sun and the view. Regards Robyn
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My two friends and I did not know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised to see the spacious living area (two bedrooms booked) and how everything was in harmony with the young forest. I had to get used to the idea that there was no front door to lock, but after the first night, I felt in tune with the surroundings and the quietness around me. The happy birdsong in the mornings was a treat and my friends who enjoy bird watching were in their element. We saw the beautiful Knysna Loerie at the swimming pool. The walk to the Look Out was easy and the view of the Karatara River far below us in the valley was breath taking. The facilities were very good. We had to get used to the fact that the "philosopher's perch" (toilet) in our tree house was not exactly private, but with three female friends travelling together it was not such a big problem. We were impressed by the ethos of sustainability that was evident everywhere. The owners have to be congratulated on this special tree top resort that they have developed. It is necessary to take mosquito repellent with you. We needed a doctor and found the one in Sedgefield very good. It was the only thing that we thought was missing in the tree house, namely a list of emergency numbers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Teniqua, Owner at Teniqua Treetops, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hi, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay, I will include a list of emergancy numbers on each tree house, I used to and am not sure how that fell away. Thanks for reminding me
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The tent we stayed in was absolutely lovely. Having a nice bath was looking at the stars and cuddling up on the "lovers seat" listening to the forest around us was glorious. The only issue was that we only stayed for one night, would have loved to stay longer. The walk to the river and subsequent splashing about was definitely more than worth it.

Teniqua, Owner at Teniqua Treetops, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hi, I am pleased you ejoed your stay. The river walk is tough, but I also beleive its worth it. We are fortunate that the forest and river are in such pristine condition. Regards
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

We had a great time at Teniqua Treetops. It's a romantic place in the quietness of pure nature. It was also an absolute highlight to have our own BBQ on the balcony while looking at the stars. Highly recommended!

Teniqua, Owner at Teniqua Treetops, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hi, with no light pollution the stars are remarkable. I never understood before coming here where why it was called the Milky Way. On a clear night it is so distinct. Regards Robyn
Cape Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Fantastic location, very eco-friendly with innovative ideas. Comfortable rooms and knowledgeable and friendly hosts. Dislikes: drinking water in cottages and communal area did not taste or smell right. Suggestion would be to provide bottled drinking water. Communal area was fun with lots of facilities but should be cleaned up before guests arrive for breakfast. Staff did forget to do beds once or twice. Suggest that tea tray be supplied daily and not only on arrival.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Teniqua, Owner at Teniqua Treetops, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hi Francois
Sorry it was not perfect. It should have been. I know over the peak heat wave we found one tank of water was not up to scratch. I am sorry it impacted you. I suppose there has to be a first time for everything. But its no excuse, we have never had anything but fantastic water so were unprepared for it and unaware until informed of the problem. So I do apologize. I am surprised about the beds too. I will talk to my staff. It should not happen. We must always learn from our mistakes. its just terrible that it spoilt your experience
Ladismith Cape
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We celebreted our 35th anniversary at the best place I could choose! We enjoyed the privacy, the creativity in such a beautiful little nest, the splendid surroundings, your initiative going greaner. I must admit that I was dissapointed in the bed, it needs attention.

Teniqua, Owner at Teniqua Treetops, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hi Inge, please email me directly so I can see which bed you were in that needs attention. We want people to have a great nights accommodation. If I need to replace I bed I will.
Robyn

Been to Teniqua Treetops? Share your experiences!