“Another enjoyable visit” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 20 Restaurants in Robertson
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: The place to lunch in the Robertson Valley if you love:* Thin-crust wood-fired pizzas* Sumptious gourmet pizzas* Refreshing glass of wine* Freshly squeezed juices* Good cuppacinosSituated at Van Loveren Family Vineyards, with seating both indoor and outdoor (vineyard pergola stoep), Christina's looks out to the beautiful gardens, Van Loveren is so well known for. Also open on Sundays when local musicians sets the tone for a laid back afternoon!
Cape Town, South Africa
“Another enjoyable visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

This was my second time to Christina's. Again the food was very pleasant and the service good. The setting beautiful and a world class cellar. I am sorry I did not order the steak, but will definitely do that the next visit. It looked like very good value for money. I'll definitely be back for the steak.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Swellendam, South Africa
“Another great meal at Christina's @ Van Loveren wine estate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

We have eaten lunch at Van Loveren wine estate 3 times in the past, and have yet to be anything other than highly impressed.

Today we went for lunch, and we both ordered the 250g beef fillet, medium rare, and one serving of their mushroom sauce, plus a bottle of their very good Chenin Blanc wine produced on the estate..

Service from the waiting staff was polite, efficient, and prompt as we have come to expect from Van Loveren.

The fillet arrived, cooked perfectly medium rare, and was frankly the best fillet I have eaten in a very long time. It was served with fried potato wedges, and battered onion rings.

We live not too far from Van Loveren wine Estate (60km away in Swellendam), and I meant to ask them where they source their raw meat from, but forgot. Oh well .. we will just have to return very soon to enjoy another well-presented, perfect meal.

Also, prices are not out reach of local South Africans, unlike many SA tourist-area establishments who price their food for the "real money" economies in Europe & America, and by doing so discourage local 'normal' South African customers.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
alkmaar
“Great food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Beautiful place, outstanding views. Great service, delicious wine and very cheap, exquisite food!! Would definitely recommend this place to anyone who are staying at Robertson!

Visited January 2014
somerset west
“A Lovely Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

We called in at Christinas without booking. Although the restaurant was almost full they managed to find a nice table for us in the shade. The service was quick and pleasant. We just ordered a cheeseboard to share and some drinks. The portions were generous, and as well as the cheese and bread we particularly enjoyed the little extras that came with it, the sun-dried tomatoes, the onions and the olives.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Communication is Key”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We had a lovely lunch at Christina's on their outside patio with is beautiful and cool during summer. My partner ordered a pizza with a lovely thin crust and the toppings just perfect. I ordered the fillet which is usually served with wedges and onion rings however I asked the waiter if it would be possible to substitute the wedges and onion rings for salad and she said that that would not be a problem at all. I enjoyed the fillet with salad which was very tender however was very disappointed when the bill arrived to see that I was charged for having substituted the wedges and onion rings for a side salad. Don't get me wrong I probably wouldn't mind paying however I feel that it should have been communicated to me when enquiring as to whether or not I could have salad instead of the wedges and onion rings that a surcharge would be charged, however this wasn't done and a little cheeky.

• Visited January 2014