“Thank You” 5 of 5 stars

16 Victorskloof Rd, Hout Bay 7806, South Africa   |
Bloemfontein, South Africa
“Thank You”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

A big thank you to all for making our first spa treatment absolutely delightful ! Thank you for soothing my tired worn out muscles and I love my beautiful hands and feet . Our lunch was delicious and very healthy , the champagne and beautiful view was the cherry on the cake ! I will surely do it again and hope to visit you soon !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Table View, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I treated my mom for a night away from home and must say that our stay there was absolutely superb. We stayed in the suite with the balcony. The view was unforgettable. The room was clean, neat and tidy, something which we are extremely fussy about. It was also well heated as it was still cold at that time.The staff was friendly and helpful. My mom cannot stop raving about this lodge and that in itself says a lot.

Earlier that week I had a full day spa experience at the spa. The therapists are skilled, very friendly and helpful. I was especially impressed with the manicure and pedicure, done by Ayanda, and the massage, done by Charmaine.

The food served on both occasions was delicious!

I recommend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: The suite with balcony has an unforgettable view!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

After reading all the reviews, we were sceptic, but was pleasantly surprised. Room was beautiful, the view was magnificent and Jonathan was excellent!! He went out of his way to assist us in so many ways. Although we only slept there, it was a great stay overall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Loved the room, Loved the view, Loved the friendly helpful staff.
They were very helpful in whatever we needed in our room.

After a well rested night, we had a lovely breakfast and went down to the Spa for some treatments. We had a full body massage, had use of the sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi. After which we had a manicure and pedicure (a 1st for my husband). To spoil me some more I even had a facial. The whole experience was something out of this world, I was so relaxed my whole body felt revitalized. We would recommend this experience and will definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My daughter gave me a voucher for the lodge and the spa.
The view from my room was spectacular. As the weather was cold when I booked in it was great to find that the room was well heated. I had everything I need. Room was clean and well stocked. I went to the spa the next day, I was treated with warm smiles. They made me feel very comfortable and relaxed. I loved my massage and facial. I had a lovely lunch as well. The staff was well trained and made me feel special throughout my whole day. I was sad to see the day come to an end, but was so relaxed and refresh after all this pampering. I will defiantly go back for some more pampering.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

On the evening of the 7th of September, my husband and I checked at the Victoria Lodge in Hout Bay (16 Victorskloof). At around 6:00 am of the 8th of September, an armed male with a torch entered our room and stole our belongings including my handbag and my husband’s mobile phone and demanded money from us. We had attempted to call the number that was provided to us upon our check-in numerous times with no answer. We had also activated the emergency remote button on four consecutive occasions and still no response. The security latch on the inside of the door was also not secure and did not work at all thereby aiding the entry of the intruder. Eventually the supervisor of the lodge answered the phone and upon informing him about what happened he responded by saying he is too scared to come out of his room. This is unacceptable, as his contact details were provided to us as the first point of call for anything that was required from us as informed during our check-in. Eventually the owner of the property (Ronald) emerged from his house, directly opposite from our room. We told him about the situation and our anger towards the lack of response we received subsequent to our experience. His response was one of absolutely zero care, compassion and in fact retaliated with inappropriate vulgar language indicating that he would not be abused by our frantic and extremely frustrated response to armed robbery. Bev, the lodge and spa manager, appeared and initially tried to console the situation, as we expressed our anger towards the occurrence again and stated the lack of support from the property owner, she screamed at us and stormed away from the situation. In a state justified by our post-traumatic stress of armed robbery, being in a completely vulnerable state of sleep and away from home, we did not receive the expected support, consolation or even fair service from the property owner, Ronald or manager, Bev. Instead we received negative commentary from both parties where statements were made regarding our angry response to the situation that was apparently considered inappropriate to them. The security company also stated that a signal was received when the emergency button was pushed four times, and each of those times an individual informed them that everything was fine on the property without conducting appropriate checks. We were not provided with terms and conditions with regards to liability of our stay upfront and when requested, we were told to refer to their website which happened to be “under construction”. Bev refused to provide us with documentation stating that she was too “ busy” and did not have time as her other daily duties and current clients were far more important than our situation and in addition their data service was not operational. After demanding the terms and conditions of our stay for 15-20 minutes it was eventually provided and Bev refused to sign a statement stating this was not provided upfront and we were not made aware of the conditions of our stay. When enquiring about who would claim responsibility for our stolen items, Bev responded by saying only if it can be proved that entry was forced they could potentially place a claim with their insurance firm. This is unfair and ridiculous considering that the latch to the door was not in proper working order, the supervisor (first point of call) was not responding, the provided emergency remote button did not assist the situation and the security cameras was apparently not working. The service and response received from Ronald and Bev was unacceptable, inappropriate and unprofessional. No customer should be treated in this way, after being robbed from personal belongings by an armed individual. The lack of support received from both of these individuals is a clear statement of a business run for pure monetary value and limited appropriate customer service.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
VicLodge, General Manager at Victoria Lodge Luxury Guest House & Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
SCAM - MAYBE/MAYBE NOT????

At 06H03 On the morning of the 8th of September I was alerted to an "armed robbery" by the clients.I reacted immediately by informing my Supervisor to proceed with caution to aid the guests.
I arrived at the Property at 06H23. SAP and ADT were on site.

I learned from the Owner that he had responded to a panic alarm twice and that there was no activity on the premises.

I made every attempt to calm the clients who attached me verbally and threatened me and The owner with bodily harm. We were sworn at with the most vulgar language I have ever heard. After about 10 min of abuse I raised my voice and in a very stern tone told them to stop their insults and vulgarity as I was there to assist them and if they did not refrain from this unacceptable behavior I was not prepared to assist them. My offer of Trauma Counseling was rejected and I was told to shove it in my female parts...... At this point I removed myself from their Suite and left it up to the SAPS to handle.

On their departure we once again tried to show compassion (with great difficulty after the way we were abused) but the same DRAMA continue and spiraled.

We were told that they would slate us on every site possible:" to make sure that no clients ever come through our gates again".

Their behavior was so theatrical, rehearsed and over the top (AND NOT) typical of someone that has just endured and "ARM ROBBERY" , that Ronald (the owner) and myself were not surprised at all when we were asked: "what are you going to give us as compensation".

To which I answered: "An insurance claim would only be considered IF there was forced entry.

The wife then said: "I will show you what I can do to you by posting reviews all over the internet".

The husband response was: "let's put the insurance aside, what are you going to give us?" All the time that this dialog was going on the wife continued her threats and that IN FRONT of the Investigating Detective who was still trying to take statements.

I understood that they wanted to be paid to keep this "incident" out of the media but we will not be blackmailed. We also received threatening phone calls regarding this incident.

Our Insurance Company had an Assessor investigate the incident.

The Little catch on the door that attaches the top and bottom of the Stable door was broken BUT it had NO bearing on the main lock which would have HAD to have been left UNLOCKED for someone to gain access to the Suite.

The Assessor, the SAPA, ADT, Myself and the Owner checked the lock and there is NO WAY that anyone could have gained entry if it had been locked.

Reports from Guests in Suite 1 (the incident happened in Suite 3) was that they were awake with their curtains and windows open at the time that the "armed robbery" took place and they did not hear a thing. (this is very strange as the Suites are in VERY close proximity to each other)

They were only alerted to the fact that something was wrong when the owner and myself were being verbally attacked by the guests. The guest in Suite 1 even posted a review on Hellopeter and state that these clients should be fined for their stupidity for leaving the door unlocked!!!! In fact they called them IDIOTS due to their abominable behavior and disgusting language.

Our Attorney has been briefed and we are investigating this matter further.

To all potential client's, please note that we have a sophisticated and effective security system in place which includes camera's, access control, panic buttons, security beams and armed response. All suites are also fitted with Safe's for valuables.

BEV ANTONCICH
GENERAL MANAGER
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

A very positive experience  !  I booked a morning at the spa with a friend where we had the full body exfoliation and massage....my therapist Chanel was excellent! We spent time in the sauna, steam room and were able to help ourselves to refreshments. The spa has a rustic feel to it ...and the view of Haut through fold back doors while we had pedicures added to the whole experience. Bev the manager made us feel very welcome ... It was busy but that added to the experience as everyone was enjoying a Saturday spa day..!

I would recommend this experience as excellent value for money ....and will definitely go back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Victoria Lodge Luxury Guest House & Spa? Share your experiences!