“Will book it again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CUBE Guest House

You added CUBE Guest House to your Saves list
CUBE Guest House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   20 Luisa Way | 7806 Cape Town, Hout Bay 7806, South Africa   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 58 Hout Bay B&B and Inns
Bern, Bern, Switzerland
“Will book it again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The perfect way to start a holiday. Beautiful location, great rooms and absolutely top service.
Dirk and Patrick are fantastic hosts. Always willing to help and make ones stay as comfortable as possible. What we really enjoyed, is that all guests can have breakfast together. A wonderful way to meet new people and share experiences or tips. There is so much to say, but in short, the Cube deserves its 5 stars.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The last 3 nights of my 5+week trip of Joburg, Botswana & Namibia were spent at the wonderful Cube Guest House. What a delightful place! Dirk & Patrick were welcoming hosts and had great suggestions for scenic drives, restaurants and wineries to visit. Excellent breakfasts and spectacular views of Hout Bay from the breakfast table to go with it. Would stay again and happily recommend Cube.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at the Guest House for five nights in September. The house is beautiful and Dirk and Patrick made us feel very welcome. Dirk is brilliant at booking trips for you, suggesting good restaurants and even the best driving route round the Cape. You can tell that Dirk and Patrick have put a lot of thought into the small touches; from the brilliant breakfast - served at whatever time you would like - to providing you with a mobile phone to use during your stay so you can contact them if need be, or make reservations etc. We particularly enjoyed the Township tour and whale watching recommended, and arranged, by Dirk. Thank you Dirk and Patrick (and Paul and Mila, possibly the world's best behaved - and most laid back - dogs!)

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We spent three lovely nights at the Cube Guest House after travelling around Southern Africa for five weeks.
We had a warm welcome- it was a haven of cleanliness, peace and wonderful breakfasts. The house is large and spacious with lots of glass showing off the tremendous views out of each window.
It is well situated for Cape Town with all its' delights, coastal drives around Chapman's Peak to the Cape of Good Hope, and beaches.
Our hosts Dirk and Stewart had lots of ideas of where we should go and what we should do and couldn't have been more helpful even booking our pllane seats for us.
We will certainly stay there again next time we visit Cape Town.

Rustenburg, North-West, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Tripadvisor unfortunately deleted our review when I posted it right after our trip to CT.

We traveled as a couple and Dirk and Patrick are so welcoming and warm! Should we come back to CT, we will definitely book into the CUBE again.

We stayed in the Cottage during our stay, only for 3 nights though. We were informed that we shouldn't stay too long there since it's not air conditioned and it does get quite warm. The setting however, is magnificent.

Book Now! You won't regret the location and the hospitality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I write this review a few months after having been there in feb 2013 as my previous review was deleted somehow...

First of all i recommend hiring a car if wanting to see various sights around cape town. this is very easy, affordable and hassle-free. once this is out of the way, staying in CUBE guest house is perfect. It was perfectly placed for a drive west to the waterfront and table mountain (30 mins) or camps bay (15mins). also it allowed for easy trips east towards cape point.

CUBE itself was beautiful and clean with great gardens and pool to relax by and read a book. The breakfast was EXCELLENT (fresh pastries, breads, fruits, etc... as well as omelettes/eggs to your liking).

I was there with my girlfriend over her birthday and i thought it had that elegance and intimacy for a couple but equally i wouldn't hesitate going there with friends or family as the hosts Dirk and Patrick were very friendly, sociable (with excellent recommendations for restaurants, excursions... and even what to do if it rains!!!).

I believe the arrangements were room and breakfast only (no lunch or dinner), which suited us perfectly as the aim was to use it as a base to then venture out every day somewhere new for lunch and dinner.

Would fully recommend it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cerritos, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The Cube is a beautiful bed/breakfast with modern décor run by Patrick and Dirk and their two dogs(they will not bother you trust me). The dining area/main part of the house was stunning and I was embarrassed to take so many photos of the place. The breakfast room has a gorgeous view of Hout Bay from the upper hillside and I couldn’t believe how affordable the place was given how beautiful the home was. I honestly don’t know how they keep such a nice place with the rates they’re charging. The photos of the place on this website really don’t do it justice.

Breakfast was tasty with fresh bread delivered daily, freshly squeezed orange juice, diced mixed fruit, yogurt, eggs how you want it, etc etc etc.

Dirk and Patrick are perfect hosts and make you feel so welcome. My wife and I have done multiple b&b’s in Europe over the last few years and dirk/Patrick have easily been the best hosts. Aside from being super polite, they went above and beyond. Dirk offered to help us book our table mountain tickets online(which gives you a discount), he hooked us up with a discounted car rental rate through their b/b connections, and told us about a festival that was going on where locals gather in the evening for food and live music which turned out to be one of our trip highlights(we were the only tourists there!) Lastly, Dirk even offered to let me make an international call when I had trouble with my credit card. I felt really guilty about that one, but they really bailed me out on that one.

For five nights, we stayed at the comb room which had a great view of the town from the upper hillside and a personal roof-top terrace. Its access is separate from the main house so you can come and go without worrying about waking up the house(although there is a separate room with its own access underneath you so you still want to be courteous). Room was very clean with modern fixtures. And oh yes, I was excited to find they have 2 ply toilet paper. It’s all about the little things. The only nit-picky thing I have to say is that their shower pressure is on the light side, but honestly, who cares. The place is gorgeous and the owners are awesome. I only mention the shower to prevent any future nuts that may expect elephant grade shower spray and give a bad review.

Lastly, I wanted to say that I felt perfectly safe in Hout Bay and this nice neighborhood too of course. It’s a great place to stay. My wife and I had concerns about the safety in south Africa/capetown, but Dirk reassured us it was safe as long as we weren’t idiots(he didn’t word it like that of course) and he was absolutely right. We found it was safe to drive around at night and eating at the restaurants in the evening was fine. I had my reservations about staying in Hout Bay and not in central cape town, but I’m definitely glad I picked the cube in hout bay. I had made the right choice for my vacation. Thanks Dirk and Patrick!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to CUBE Guest House? Share your experiences!