The phrase "Less would be more" was a constant feature at this hotel. For example, less stagnant water would result in fewer mosquitoes. The food was generally very good but true excellence is available in the nearby restaurants ... so a simpler menu (or at least the option of) as an alternative to eating out would have been stronger.
The room was very spacious and well presented.
The hotel is very close to the main road ...so you are aware of traffic noise if you choose to spend time here during the day.
The staff were great.
While this was a good base for the Franschhoek area, next time we will give serious consideration to the alternatives.
- Also Known As:
- Franschhoek Country House & Villas Hotel Franschhoek
- Franschhoek Country House & Villas Hotel
- Franschhoek Country House And Villas
- Franschhoek Country Hotel
- Franschhoek Country Boutique Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by enchanting vineyards and majestic mountains, this small Boutique hotel is set on the outskirts of the town of Franschhoek, in the Cape Winelands less than an hours drive from Cape Town. Offering a selection of standard, luxury, garden cottages and the exclusive villa suites. With a top rated award winning restaurant, guests can relax and enjoy the hospitality, laze at the pool, enjoy a massage or stroll on the world-renowned charming town of Franschhoek. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, T4B, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Franschhoek Country House & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.