“pleasurable experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“pleasurable experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Always a memorable experience! Lovely gardens, good fresh produce and creative use of seasonal fresh food! Excellent wine, and lovely garden walk!

Ballito, South Africa
“Amazing setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This wine estate is an absolute beaut. The organic vegetable garden is amazing, I spent a long time wondering around the gardens. The Clivia's along side the stream were beautiful. You can spend a lot of time here just walking around the property and enjoying the beauty of the setting. We did not eat at the restaurants but did the wine tasting and enjoyed it thoroughly, the staff were excellent.
This wine estate is worth the visit for its natural beauty

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Beutiful garden and amazing food and drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Such an amazing place! The gardens are beautiful and the restaurant (glasshouse) had wonderful food and atmosphere. You can't go the Franschoek and not stop here. Truly a wonderful experience and a great place to spend a day with the family.

Paarl
“No food order no juice no seat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I visited Babylonstoren last Sunday. I am 78 years old and walk with some difficulty using a walking stick. I walked through the gardens quite a long way to the clivias. When I got back to the restaurant area I was tired and just wanted to sit down for a few minutes with a glass of fruit juice. I asked if this was possible. I was told that it was not possible to order a glass of juice if I did not order a meal. One of their staff told me I could walk over to their farm store some distance away if I wanted to buy a bottle of juice. It was too far to walk for me at this stage so I walked to my car and left. They wont see me again.i

• Visited September 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Good food with limited options.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a stunning breakfast at Babel,plates were nicely presented with spot on taste of every meal.The menu had limited options to choose from, 3 options with a special dish of the day that changes dayly.Good service from the waiters.Freshly squeezed juice were available.We finished it off with a stroll on their beautiful grounds.

• Visited September 2013