“You can never go wrong” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 64 Restaurants in Franschhoek
Cuisines: African
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kalfi's restaurant exist for 21 years MARIDA OLIVIER) owned the restaurant since 02 December 2013. We shall proceed to with the traditional Afrikaanse food "BOEREKOS" Our "BOBOTIE" is well known as the best!! Our service is excellent. The staff are well trained. This a place where you feel at home. Now we serve sweet treats for those who have a sweet teeth. We are Good For Groups Good For Kids Take aways Catering Outdoor Seating
“You can never go wrong”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Go where the locals go. This also applies to Kalfi's.
Whenever you are in Franschhoek and you can't decide where to go for dinner, Kalfi's is the place.
The food is always good and I enjoy the atmosphere. Waiters, Sandra and Kalfi are always very friendly and they make you feel welcome.
The wine list is more than adequate and the prices are reasonable.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cape Town
“Why display a "No Smoking" sign if you don't mean it?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have eaten at Kalfi's several times and the food is usually good solid fare. On the afternoon of Monday 17 June, we sat down for lunch on the terrace of Kalfi's where there is a "No Smoking" sign. Three people lit up and I asked the waiter to speak to the people. He refused and shrugged his shoulders, suggesting that I should do it. I walked over to them and asked them to stop as it was a no smoking area. After a while they stopped. Some time later, I went inside to ask the waiter why he was not prepared to implement the policy. He indicated he was not interested in doing so. I explained to him that the restaurant could be fined if he permitted the smoking to continue. When it came to paying the bill, I explained why I was not tipping him. He just nodded. Perhaps the management needs to take an interest as the fines for the proprietor are large and the police station is within 200m?

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kalf v, Owner at Kalfi's, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We are looking into the matter regarding the staff member,we apologize for any inconveniance.
Melbourne, Australia
“Vegetarian Bobotie!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

With so much to choose from in Franschoek it's hard to select a restaurant but we chose this gorgeous, eclectic place and weren't disappointed. We were drawn in by the menu outside listing vegetarian Bobotie and weren't disappointed by this delicious take on the national dish. Service was superb, the deep fried bread was a surprise and delight and the peppermint crisp dessert finished it off perfectly. A great dinner option.

Visited June 2013
Marlow, United Kingdom
“A lovely experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

What an amazing dinner, proper african food. Lovely food and excellent service. A loved the deco, super cute.

Visited April 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“Delicious Choices of Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My friends and I went to this restaurant for dinner on the Friday night of the book festival weekend.
The food was delicious. I had a curry and my friends had bobotie. Loved getting the vet koeks - all warmed up- in brown paper bags.
Service was outstanding and so friendly

• Visited May 2013