“Do not prejudge.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Follow the sound of the water from the Main Road and let it lead you to the cobbled courtyard where you can dine under the wild fig tree... Inside seating also available for cooler days.
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Do not prejudge.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

During the holiday season it can be a real challenge to obtain a meal in Franschhoek, every restaurant is fully booked.

We were seeking lunch!!

By chance we stumbled upon the Salmon Bar at the Yard, it looked fairly ordinary, but we needed to eat. The Manager, who was super helpful, found us a great spot at a large table under a tree in the yard. Sharing the table with us was a young couple, with their children and it proved to be a pleasure to be in their company.

As starters we shared a prawn & rice spring roll - seriously good.
To follow,my wife had the Scattered salmon Sushi, which she rated delicious/brilliant.
She is passionate about food
I had the squid which was also very good.
This was all washed down with an excellent bottle of Lynx Blanc de Noir.

Very, very good.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Always great :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I come to Salmon Bar often. I am regularly in Franschhoekon business, and it's one of the lighter places for lunch among a number of amazing heavy-hitting restaurants.

Every time I come here i thoroughly enjoy my meal. From their simple pate served with toast, to their hake fishfingers (way fancier than they sound!), or potstickers or noodle bowls, everything is delicious. If you're staying in Franschhoek and would like something lighter, or if you're just passing through and don't have time for a big lunch, try this place. I have yet to be disappointed, I hope you enjoy it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Comes up trumps every time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Have eaten there on numerous occasions and every time it is a winner. There is something delicious to tickle your taste buds no matter what you feel like

Visited January 2014
Windhoek, Namibia
“Quiet tucked away from the main bustle of Franschhoek”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Interesting menu, nice quiet courtyard and while the wine list is not the greatest, it boast enough choice to compliment the food

Visited December 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Wasn't quite as good as I'd expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Our starter of sashimi platter was excellent. I then went on to order hake fingers which read that they were in an African spice - sadly what I got was deep fried hake. Not being a person who likes fried food I think this is why I've not got the best view of the restaurant I thought I'd have. Andy enjoyed his meal though.

• Visited December 2013