“Homely welcome in stylish setting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maison Chablis Guest House

You added Maison Chablis Guest House to your Saves list
Maison Chablis Guest House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   15 Berg Street | Western Cape, Franschhoek 7690, South Africa   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 58 Franschhoek B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
LONDON
“Homely welcome in stylish setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Charming and stylish this guest house is ideally situated and walking distance to the main high street and all the eateries. A very warm welcome as has been said before, but worthy of mention.
Breakfast was excellent with loads of choice. Our room was on the small side near the pool but well equipped and spotless. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Stavanger, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We chose Maison Chablis after reading good reviews on Tripadvisor. And they where all totaly right. This is the best place to live the good life of Franschhoek. We where greated by Pat and where given a hearthly welcome. The rooms we got where fantastisc and they have a pool right outside of our room. The pool is not the largest and could have been a bit cleaner. But it was good enough to chill down in after a hard day of winetasting. James and Pat organized two days of winetour for us. They booked in Bradley as a guide for us. And Bradley did a very good job in taking us around to the wineestates. The breakfast was both hot and cold dishes and a buffet. They put the tables togheter so that we could sit six people togheter. It seems they had thought of everything. They also booked two dinners in restaurants upon our request. If you want to get away from it all, the Maison Chablis is a nice place to find peace in mind.

Room Tip: Ask for room number 5
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
James C, Owner at Maison Chablis Guest House, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Hi,
Thank you so much for taking the time to do a review. I am sorry that I was away at the time and could not attend to you personally. Pat, my manageress, has informed me that the suction cap at the pool pump had broken, and hence we had a small period until parts arrived that the pool may have been slightly dirty on the pool floor. I really apologise for that, and assure you that it was unavoidable as our garden assistants responsibility is in fact to maintain the pool clear of leaves and debris 3 times per day, but dust on the pool floor is not that easily cleaned without proper suction in place. I am delighted though that you otherwise had a great time here, and I surely hope when you next return that I will also be here to meet you. Regarding room cleanliness, I assure you that I will look into that, and its a possibility that my staff may have slipped up slightly. Have a super day , thank you again for the complimentary review and we hope to see you again. KInd regards, James
Odense, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

If I could give Maison Chablis 6 stars, I certainly would. It is a really nice and charming guest house thanks to James, Pat and .... their little dog, Simba! I have never got such a warm welcome! This guest house with a little garden is very peaceful and invites you to relaxe. The rooms are confortable and very British-like decorated. It is situated in the city of Franschhoek and everything (except wineries) are within walking distance. I highly recommend this wonderful place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed recently whilst travelling around SA with friends , this was by far the best place we stayed. James is so welcoming and helpful. Rooms were of a good standard and the staff all great. A great place to explore the area. Excellent recommendations for dinning and vineyards to visit and try a few of the local wines.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
James C, Owner at Maison Chablis Guest House, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hi, Thank you for your compliments. I am just glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you again soon!
Kind regards
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We loved Maison Chablis. Our room was on the first floor and whilst not large, had everything that we needed. A little outside space with chairs and table were perfect for sitting and sipping a glass of something cool and white (or warm and red!) and the tiny swimming pool was very welcome after a long walk. Our host, James, was delightful, very friendly and very helpful; sitting us down in his office as soon as we arrived, finding out what we liked and booking us a table in a delightful restaurant straight away! I asked to look at a map and he photocopied the relevant pages for me so that we could easily find our way to our next destination. The wealth of bird-life in the garden was the icing on the cake.

Room Tip: I did not see any of the second floor rooms but the rooms at the back of the property were probably...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
James C, Owner at Maison Chablis Guest House, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to do a review. I am glad that you enjoyed the birdlife. The nectar feeder and seed tray has been incredibly successful in attracting birds to the garden and I am amazed at how many guests appreciate them. Best regards. James
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were upgraded to a superior room which was very elegant, there were lots of nice details like a good selection of magazines.

The room had a four poster bed and the bathroom had a huge shower.

The Owner was very helpful and the service excellent.

Maison Chablis is situated 30 metres for the main street with the shops and restaurants yet it is far enough from the centre to be lovely and quiet.

Breakfast was comprehensive, with fruits, meats, yoghurts, and cereals as well as cooked options.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi, Thank you for taking the time to do a review. It is much appreciated. My staff and I try our best and are always looking at new ways to improve. Have a great day.
regards
Saskatoon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

It's very rare for me to give 5 stars and Maison Chablis came close. Food spread for breakfast was fantastic, it was close to one of the best restaurants of my life, and so friendly a stop. The only slight detraction was some noise from above that came through easily. The fantastic local wine took care of that though

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi, Thank you for your kind compliment about our establishment. I really appreciate the time you took to do a review. I am always looking at ways to improve the comfort of guests. I appreciate the remark about the noise that coul dbe carried through from above and I will try to see what I can do to minimise it going forward.
Kind regards
James

Been to Maison Chablis Guest House? Share your experiences!