“Great Thai in Woodbridge - Yes” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 72 Restaurants in Woodbridge
Cuisines: Thai
Aberdeen, NJ
“Great Thai in Woodbridge - Yes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Having worked in Woodbridge for many years, I'm familiar with all the restaurants in the area. Mie Thai is one of our regular lunch haunts. Not fancy but the staff is great, the food excellent and portions big. Good price for lunch with a little salad and main dish for less than $10. Love the Moo Tod (crispy pork), noodle and rice dishes. Actually never had anything bad there. Give it a go if in the area. Right near train underpass in a strip mall.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Newark, New Jersey
“A Great Place for Thai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

This place is extremely good. They will make it as spicy as you like it. the menu is amazing.. they even have a vegetarian menu. I have not tried it but I do listen to customer that have and many are return customers.
If you go enjoy the great food.. at whichever spicy level..

Visited December 2013
New Jersey, USA
“Good food, not great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I've been going to this restaurant for years because I can't find a decent Thai restaurant in my neighborhood. The food is good, especially the soup, but the kitchen is not consistent and the service isn't very good. You will be spoken to once during your dining experience...when the staff takes your order. You have to look for the wait staff when there is an issue with your meal, when you want your check, etc. They will never approach your table to ask how things are or if you need something. Last night, I asked the waitress not to put any tomatoes or green peppers in any of our dishes. You guessed it, there were green peppers. When I called the waitress over, she said, "oh, I thought that you only wanted your soup without green peppers". The menu specifically states that one of the dishes has tofu in it. Every time I order it, there is no tofu. I asked the waitress about the tofu so she replied, "oh, I don't know why there is no tofu in that dish". Then, she told us that one of the dishes we ordered was very spicy and that there was nothing she could do about it. We were okay with that because we wanted it to be spicy but when the dish came to the table it really was very sweet. It's pretty pricy as well.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Consistently good dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This is probably the 5th or 6th visit to Mie Thai...we stop in every time we are in the area. We arrrived on a Friday at lunch time and were lucky to get a table, but the restaurant did empty quickly after 1:00 PM.

Our waitress, Deepa was very friendly and let us take our time ordering. I'm not sure of exactly what we ordered, but I know there was a red chicken curry, house salad, Pad ka tiem prig tai and one or two more dishes.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“I wasnt impressed. Girlfriend loved it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

It was only my third time having thai food, and this was the third different place and I didnt think it was all that great. I could never eat here again and could care less. My girlfriend on the other hand absolutely loved it, so i'm going to go ahead and give it an average rating. She LOVES thai so perhaps she is either just blinded by her love of thai food or has better taste in thai food than me. You be the judge of that. If she wants to eat here, I'll happily take her...but it would never be my choice. Especially with how overpriced it is.

• Visited March 2013