“Family Reunion” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Woodbridge
“Family Reunion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This hotel, this hotel was impeccable in terms of cleanliness! It seemed like you could eat right off the floors. The hotel room was spotless, kitchen sparkling and a VERY comfortable bed. The bathroom was large in size and I loved the living and eating space! You could definetly host a lil gathering in there. They had a beautiful chase that turned into a sleeper. Not only stylish but very handy! The hot breakfast was scrumptious. Lets see... french toast, eggs, cereal, waffles, sausage, peppers and onions, etc. Very tasty. The outside pool and firepit well maintained. This also includes the tennis court! I would give this hotel a 5 BUT...unfortunately, on Friday when we arrived, I noticed that the deadbolt lock did not work on our door. I called down to the front desk and asked about getting it repaired. She acknowledged that someone would be able to fix it the next morning. On Saturday, I did receive a call from the front desk that someone would be up to fix it between 11:30a- and 12:30p but no one showed. The door lock stayed broken for the entire time we were there. Just in case, it was room 316. Other than that, I would recommend this hotel for sure!

Room Tip: High floor. Studios are fantastic!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Rockaway Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We were traveling north on I-95 with a 16-foot BUDGET truck (packed with our apartment belongings), towing a car on a trailer behind the truck, AND had 3 cats with us. We contacted this hotel to inquire if they had room to accommodate our truck in the parking lot. NOT only did the front desk girl confirm that they had room, she went ABOVE & BEYOND to have maintenance go out and set up orange cones in the lot to block us a space for our late (10:30 pm) arrival!

The room was immaculately clean and spacious, with EVERY ammenity you could ever need: Microwave, refrigerator, cooking surface, plates & silverware, etc. The KING bed was a plush, slice of heaven after many hours of driving!

Lastly, the FREE buffet breakfast was not just your typical cold cereal & fruit! They offered eggs, sausage, bacon, and make-your-own waffles!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and will highly recommend this hotel brand to EVERYONE we know!

Room Tip: Call ahead! Don't wait to book this room, as they occasionally sell out.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Smithtown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

From the moment we arrived at this location, the staff was friendly and helpful. Of course, the usual fresh baked cookies await you at the desk upon check-in and we were offered complimentary water bottles from the snack store. May not seem like much, but many places put the bottles in your room and then charge you for them. The unit was clean and beautifully decorated. It was an extremely comfortable room. There is an indoor pool, which we didn't use, but nice to have if you are traveling with children. A complimentary breakfast was included and it had something for everyone. Also, an outdoor fire pit seating area and grills. I found that to be a big bonus if you are staying for a few days and you want to eat in.Overall a great experience and I will definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Akira M, General Manager at Residence Inn Woodbridge, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Kathleen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted that your stay was pleasurable.

We look forward to your next visit!

Akira Mackel
Dublin, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

After reading other reviews, I selected this hotel for a one night stay prior to departing from Newark Airport. The hotel was fully booked, so this might account for some of the "problems". The first room I received smelled like urine. I went down to the lobby and asked the front agent if I could leave if I found another room. She said that I could. So I went on the computer and was going to book the Embassy Suites at the airport. She came over and offered me a two bedroom suite on the street side. We checked it out and decided to stay. I wish I would have left when I was planning on originally.

It was hot when we checked in and let me tell everyone the hallways are NOT air conditioned. The room was cool but everytime you went out of the room, it was hot and muggy and therefore sweaty. I don't know why anyone would build a newer hotel and not air condition the hallways. Secondly, our door lock would not always open so my husband and I would take turns leaving the room. Since we were on the street side, we head traffic all night long and did not get a good nights sleep.

Now, let's talk about the food. Horrible! It was suppose to be Italian night with meatballs, penne pasta and salad. Instead it was "French" night with smelly, runny quiche. Breakfast was also horrible and we didn't have anything but a muffin and coffee.

As I was leaving the breakfast area, the nice front desk agent asked me how my stay was. I proceeded to tell her all the "problems" I had incurred. She offered me to give me my points back that I had used for my stay. I appreciated her offer and thanked her. My points did come back to my account as promised. I still wish I would have left and gone on to the Embassy Suites. I did receive an e-mail from the manager apologizing for all the issues I had and letting me know they were going to do something about the poor food service.

So, to sum it all up, the customer service here is excellent but I would NEVER stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Akira M, General Manager at Residence Inn Woodbridge, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear KatNick007,

Thank you for posting feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate the comments regarding our staff. Please accept my sincerest apologies that we failed to meet your—and our own—expectations.. Please know that the staff and I are working diligently to address the concerns you have experienced. We are committed at every level to regaining your trust.

We hope to serve you again in the future. If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at Akira.Mackel@Marriott.com.

Akira Mackel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Went there for an overnight stay with family. My 2 kids enjoyed the indoor pool, although my youngest didn't since the water was kinda cold. Excellent breakfast & dinner (complimentary)...food is far better than the other hotels we've been to. Room was spacious and clean. Interior design is contemporary yet it felt warm and relaxing. Bonfire @ nite & nice sitting area outside.

• Stayed April 2014
Williamsburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed here on a trip for a family function, the room was spacious enough that my sister and her kids could come hang out and go swimming! The hotel looked quite clean, was quiet and the service was amiable. Whenever we needed anything the staff was swift and polite.

The hotel is in a good location; not far from the highway, near a mall, and good local restaurants. The breakfast buffet was varied and adequate. My only issue would be inadequate sitting and overcrowding during breakfast hours.

Overall I would stay here again if in the area.

Room Tip: You can see in the first floor windows from the parking lot, so if you like to leave the curtains op...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Overall the stay was lovely. It had an appearance that was attractive and appealing. However, for it to have been newly renovated we found the carpeting to be fairly worn with a few bald spots in it. The pots and pans needs to be updated (the frying pan lost its non-stick protection and was unbalanced). Lastly, I have never known the Marriott brand to have hard bedding. The mattress was extremely hard and unpleasant. Which sucked because I was looking forward for the comfort of the Marriott bed to rest from my long week.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Woodbridge? Share your experiences!