“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodbridge
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stay at this hotel every week 1-3 nights. The front desk staff is truly amazing; they truly try to make you feel welcomed as if the hotel was your home. I have checked into this hotel 45 times over the past year. The only issue I have ever had was my cable on my TV was not working. It was fixed within 10 minutes. The rooms are comfortable and have all the amenities that you would ever need. The hotel is clean and is located in a safe area close to the turnpike shopping and restaurants. If you are in the Woodbridge area this is the hotel that you want to stay in.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I love the Residence Inn chain of hotels, but the Woodbridge NJ Residence is the best I have ever experienced. I have been staying there weekly now for the past many months. The front desk folks are incredible. They always remember my name and seem genuinely excited to see me every time I arrive. The management staff is friendly and incredibly helpful. The rooms are always spotless. I can honestly say that this hotel is like a second home to me because of the employees there who truly enjoy their jobs.

boricua458
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I absolutely love The Residence Inn!! It is so comfortable and clean! My only issue is I wish this location had trays! Sometimes I don't want to eat breakfast in the lobby but I have to make 2 trips to bring breakfast to my room! Also some of the employees tend to hang out in the dining area talking about their work issues! I just wished that they can have there own break room so I don't have to hear about how they have to stay to clean extra rooms or who is mad at who! Overall it is a great place to stay! Indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi to relax. They do not have a shuttle service so you would need to take a cab but the train station is less than 2 miles as well as the mall!! They also have dinner on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday!

• Stayed February 2014
Woodbridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. They have the best staff and facilities in New Jersey. The beds are amazing. Great pillows. I absolutely enjoyed my stay and so did our group of 20. They were all very polite and graciously accomodating. A must stay!

Room Tip: Two bedroom suites are beautiful and spacious
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

While I am normally a huge fan of any Residence Inn property, this particular location has a couple of issues with its staffing that are worth raising an eyebrow over. Let me first say that the standard amenities of a Residence Inn were all in place and as good as ever with a full breakfast buffet, a clean suite, and a good indoor pool among others. If these were for some reason below standards, I would not have been nearly as lenient with the 3 star rating.

The issue with this property lay within the staff that we encountered. When we first came to check in, we were informed that our reservation could not be found. The person at the desk acted tired and disinterested the entire time we were trying to iron out the situation. It is only fair to say that the issue with the reservation was NOT the responsibility of the hotel. This was an Expedia.com error that we do not hold the hotel accountable for. What we can hold the hotel accountable for is how their staff handled the situation.

There were any number of ways that this could have been handled that would have earned them a 5 star rating for service. But when we were told that the reservation could not be called up, it was done in a lazy sounding "I don't know and I don't care" tone and not a single suggestion was made as to how the situation might be remedied. WE had to take the initiative and ask all of the questions. We had the reservation paper in hand and all this person could repeat over and over again was "it's not our problem, it's Expedia's problem." When we asked specifically how it should be handled at this point, we were met with a shrug and a simple "well call them I guess." The attitude made us feel worthless and clueless instead of assisted. No offer was ever made to talk to a higher power. I had to inquire specifically if there was someone else who might be able to better handle the problem. The answer was yes but we were not to talk to that person. The staff simply went into a back room to talk to some unseen power which yielded zero results.

The situation was finally fixed when we asked what the rate would be for a fresh reservation seeing as we had not paid for the old one yet; it was to be a pay upon arrival deal. Yes, WE had to ask if this was an option. It was never made available to us. Finally, it was discovered that the same room was available for cheaper than the Expedia rate. Thankfully, this fixed everything but I feel as if this should have been the first thing offered when we realized that there was a problem.

That was by far the biggest problem that we encountered with the staff but during the whole time I don think I ever saw any of the staff smile. The breakfast attendant was cold and acted as though they'd rather be anywhere but there.

Again, I acknowledge that the reservation error was not the fault of the Residence Inn but a situation like that should be handled much more professionally by anyone in the hospitality industry. Overall, a nice hotel but with several issues in the staff.

Stayed December 2013
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here on a last minute trip for a funeral as it is one of the few hotels with suites in the area - so we did not have a lot of time to explore the facilities. But the room was very homey and laid out well - my son and I could wake at night and go to the bathroom without disturbing each other. Breakfast was small but good quality. The rooms were well-appointed for a a three star hotel, the staff was helpful, the beds were comfortable, and the price was right. Will definitely stay again if the need arises

Room Tip: They gave us a suite on the second floor that was either a long walk from the elevator, or right up...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Petersburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Very nice hotel, we stayed in a suite. I enjoyed everything about this hotel, the cleaning staff could have been more helpful. Close to shopping and the New Jersey turnpike. Good hot breakfast, with a good variety of items. I would recommend this hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Woodbridge? Share your experiences!