“Convenient, updating facility” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodbridge
Upper Marlboro, United States
“Convenient, updating facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This Hampton Inn is convenient located on RT 9 N in Woodbridge, NJ with easy access to Staten Island. Quiet and clean, renovations are being made to the lobby and new carpets are being installed to enhance the experience of each guest. Wi fi access available throughout the hotel and hot coffee and tea are available 24/7. A hot breakfast Buffet is available daily. Freshly cleaned duvets are featured on each bed!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonInnWoodbridge, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while traveling with your family. I'm glad you found value in our convenient location outside of Staten Island! I'm happy you enjoyed On The House Breakfast, our complimentary coffee and tea, and the free wi-fi. We pride ourselves on friendliness and cleanliness and I'm happy you experienced that!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lakeville, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had a recent quick trip into NJ and have stayed here before with good results. The lobby is all ripped up for remodeling so the breakfast area was moved into a conference room. Not so comfortable. My king bed room was great with no major problems. However, the shower did not have very hot water in the morning. The breakfast lousy the morning that I was there; very poor scramble eggs and biscuits and gravy of which I am not a fan. Thankfully the old reliable waffle machine was working. The place will be better after remodeling and they do rotate their breakfast entrees so there are better days ahead. Just pray you don't get the scrambled eggs.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side away from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HamptonInnWoodbridge, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us again! I am sorry for the unsatisfactory stay you recently experienced. Once the renovation is complete we look forward to a larger more comfortable breakfast area for our frequent guests that is near the kitchen area once again. We are excited that you are going through this experience with us and thank you very much for your continued support!
Lititz, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I'll start by saying that I am a long time Hilton Honors member and very loyal to the Hilton brand hotels. That is the reason I selected this hotel when attending a wedding in the area on Saturday, 3/9/13. I would not recommend this hotel at this time, because they are undergoing major construction in the lobby, breakfast area and rooms. Unfortunately, this was not posted on their website. I selected this hotel, because of the pictures on-line. It is attached to a steakhouse and the hotel looked nice from the outside. Believe me, looks can be deceiving.

Getting there
The address on the iPhone map takes you to a mall. I called the hotel and they gave me another address to put into my GPS. It is 370 US-9 Woodbridge, NJ.

Check-in
We arrived late, around 11:00pm, and immediately noticed the lobby was undergoing some serious construction. Although there was plastic separating the really bad areas, the floor in the lobby was missing in some places causing a trip hazzard. Certainly not a welcoming entrance. There wasn't anyone in front of us checking in, but we waited about five minutes before any of the four employees checked us in. It was obviously shift change and that was more important to them. When someone did check us in, he was cordial, but not helpful at all. He didn't offer any information about breakfast time or location or anything for that matter. I had to ask where breakfast was located, because it obviously wasn't in the lobby area.

Rooms
We stayed on the third floor in a below average room that had apparently not been updated yet. The only good thing about the room were the beds, which were clean and comfortable. Although, strangely the box springs were still wrapped in plastic (which is a little tacky). The toilet had issues. It ran all night long and we had to lift the handle before flushing again. At one point, it looked like it was going to overflow, because the water got as high as the rim and right when I was about to shut off the valve, the water went back down. We arrived late and didn't look out the window until morning. Our room was on the parking lot side of the hotel, and when we opened the curtains, we saw that we were right next to a huge graveyard which was a little creepy. Thankfully the kids didn't see it until morning.

Breakfast
Once we found breakfast, which was temporairily located in a conference room due to construction in the lobby, we found it to be very low on food and messy. It was quite busy and they didn't have as many of the usual Hampton offerings. The oatmeal was thick and overcooked, the waffle mix was empty and we waited 20 minutes for more, and they only had the little round flat egg things and dried out turkey sausage in the warmers. When the employees finally brought more food, they brought about a dozen eggs and they were gone in minutes. Either they were really being cheap or just weren't prepared.

This hotel is centrally located in Woodbridge/Edison area, but that is all it has going for it. I will not stay here again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. To make matters worse, the cost was the same as the Hilton in this area, but I opted for the Hampton for the free breakfast, because I had three kids with me. Big mistake.

Room Tip: Rooms on parking lot side have up close view of the graveyard next door.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hi Denise, Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton Brand, we sincerely appreciate your business. I completely understand that the construction in the lobby affected your experience and unfortunately our service did as well.

We did have to move our On the House Breakfast to the VanGogh room in an effort to establish a temporary quiet place for our guests to enjoy their breakfast. As I hope you can understand, having breakfast away from the kitchen area, on the opposite of the lobby construction zone, is a challenge. I am sorry for the lack of attention that the breakfast area received during your stay, and will be sure to address the breakfast hostess about the items you have mentioned in your review.

Thank you for bringing the website alert to our attention. I had an alert posted that must have expired and have contacted our Hampton eCommerce Manager to re-post that update as soon as possible. I'd like to thank you for making us aware that the alert is no longer up there. I am also sorry for the negative experience you had on the drive to the hotel. We have recently contacted Garmin Maps to update our location for these devices and I will also add an alert to the homepage of our website to inform our future guests for the correct GPS location.

I sincerely want to apologize for the disappointment in service you experienced during check in. The service you described is not up to our standards. We will review your comments with our front desk team to ensure that they are taking care of the guest first and are welcoming them by giving the guest clear explanation for the goings-on at the hotel.

Once the lobby renovation is complete we will start renovation our guestrooms, which as you know needs to be done. I am sorry that you had a problem with the toilet, if at anytime you have a maintenance issue at the hotel you can always dial 0 on your room phone for the front desk who will send someone up to address the problem. If the problem cannot be fixed, we are always happy to move you to another room if we have the availability to do so.

We have started making improvements, like the Hampton Bed Experience that you did enjoy. It is out hope that when renovation is complete our guests will be more comfortable than ever! Thank you very much for your review, we can only get better from hearing the insight of our guests. We appreciate your honesty and your feedback is a gift. Best wishes for safe travels with your family.
York, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Everything was clean, the halls were really quiet and the staff was very helpful. The young man at check in was very nice it was a speedy check in and he gave us all the details about the hotel and how to get around. The room was very clean and every staff member I came across was very pleasant. I will definitely always stay here when I travel to see my family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnWoodbridge, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
I'm glad you and your family enjoyed a clean, quiet trip. I am happy to pass along your kind comments to our friendly and polite staff who are full of Hamptonality!
Birmingham, Al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel with my best friend and her son, Gabe. He has Autism and was seeing a doctor in Iselin. Traveling with a special needs child is not easy and you never know what problems might arise. The moment we checked in, the staff met our every need. The hotel was perfect in every way, but what made it so special was a young man at the front desk named Richard. He went out of his way to take care of us and make our stay comfortable. We were thankful for being shuttled to a few different places as well and wanted to send a shout out to Inspiring Hank!!! Thank you so very much! You truly understand the meaning of customer service. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonInnWoodbridge, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thanks for choosing to stay with us when visiting the doctor with your friend and her son. I am glad you were treated with great hamptonality! I can't wait to tell Richard that he made your stay nice and comfortable...And we'll get your shout out to Hank for you! Thank you for your review and we look forward to making your next stay just as great. All the best!
North of Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great location on highway. Surrounded by stores and restaurants. Room was a real king size room, well appointed and immaculate, and smelled fresh every day. Handicap parking right outside the door. Complimentary breakfast one of the best I've had. Fresh hot and cold cereals, asst fruits, yoguts, two hot dishes, asst juices, self-serve waffle maker. Coffee and tea always available in lobby. Front desk staff very cordial and helpful.All staff seemed genuinely happy to see you in their property. A kind word there and a smile here, made for a very personalized stay. Am booking 60 rooms for a wedding in March...The "breakfast on the run" bags at front desk in am and the free freshly baked cookies in afternoon nice touches.

Room Tip: Choose a room near elevator and near side exit for ease of in and out. Adjust room temp., found room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you so much for your 5 star review of the Hampton Inn Woodbridge! I'm happy you enjoyed our large variety of On the House Complimentary Breakfast items, and am pleased that you slept well in your spacious King Room! We just got new mattresses a couple of weeks ago, so I am over the top pleased to hear your great feedback about that! I am delighted to pass along your kind words to our staff, who are anxiously awaiting your wedding group next month!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I live in this area and have stayed in this hotel twice (once due to a gas explosion near our home and the second time during Hurricane Sandy). During Sandy it was almost impossible to find any hotel rooms in our area. Hampton Inn in Woodbridge was the first hotel I called but there were no rooms available. They said they would call me back if anything opens which I could not believe. I also stopped at probably 10 other hotels - still no rooms. Hampton Inn was the only place I received a call from - a room was suddenly available! Thank you, you saved my family from another cold night...and it was even snowing!
Other than that this hotel has a great staff, friendly and nice. It is clean, there is a Dunkin Donuts around the corner, Mc Donalds and several other stores, and a pizza place too. Great location near NJ major highways - NJ Turnpike, Parkway, about 30 min. drive to the Jersey shore beaches. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HamptonInnWoodbridge, Social Media Manager at Hampton Inn Woodbridge, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Hello and welcome back! I'm so glad that we were able to accommodate you and your family during this hard time. I am happy you were well served in a warm and dry guestroom. Thank you for mentioning our great location and the nearby family-friendly eateries! Well wishes from all of us.

Been to Hampton Inn Woodbridge? Share your experiences!