“Very bad choice!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge

You added Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Hoover Way, Woodbridge, NJ 07095 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Woodbridge - Newark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Woodbridge
laval
“Very bad choice!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

i had a bad experience at an other Extended Stay last year and they gave me a free night to compensate... I decide to use it this year since I needed a room for 1 night on my way back from vacations

Unfortunately this is not better. The telephone seems to be bloked so I cannot make outside phone call using a pre-paid phone car, I called the reception and he cannot do anything about it (he was ver nice and offered me to use his cell phone) The problem is the hotel, not the staff

There is humidiy in the room, we feel it in th sheets and we cannot even lock the door and it seems to be misaligned!!!!

I came here only because I had a free night but even with an other free night I would never come back in any hotel from this chain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

we had a few family members fly in from Florida and Rochester New York so they asked me if there was a hotel nearby I clearly stated yes there is one and from what I heard the rooms we're comfortable an affordable so without hesitation I recommended this particular property the Guest Service agent upon check-in was outstandingmy only complaint was the room that we were given had stains on the bed sheets and the bed was not made up and a cigarette in the ashtray that was not properly extinguish which can create a fire hazard at this point in time I ask to speak to a manager regarding this incident unfortunately we were told there was no manager on duty you would think after having a dirty room any bad experience upon check-in that the price would be discounted or given compensationall we got was sorry for the inconvenience at this point in time we were issued a new room key for new room the Guest Service agent left the desk to check the room to make sure that the room was clean upon entering the room there werefood left on the kitchen table and the room and the Guest Service agent said this happens to me all the time I would not recommend you staying here because of the following factors

• Stayed July 2013

Travelers are raving about these Woodbridge hotels

Nassau, New Providence Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I booked a NON SMOKING room essentially because my wife is recovering from throat cancer. In fact, I prepaid the entire stay and was guaranteed a NON SMOKING ROOM. On checking into the hotel, I explained to the front desk representative that my room was filled with smoke and I could not sleep there - that my wife is recovering from throat cancer and to sleep in a smoking room could exacerbate her recovery. I was advised that all of the rooms that are available are for guests who have not arrived and are expecting the room they guaranteed, and that there is nothing they could do for me until tomorrow. I guess the guests that had not arrived had a higher priority in his mind than me and my "problem" was mine to solve.

This is extremely disappointing and in the second instance, did not meet my expectations. It seemed quite practical for a solutions oriented hotel to fix this problem by assigning me a room that I paid for. It could be that guests who had not yet arrived could face the same condition that I was now facing, particularly as the representative advised me that he would/could not disappoint a guest who was scheduled to arrive. Does this make sense? Would this meet your expectations?

Adrian A. Cargill

Room Tip: Don't stay here and expect your problem to be solved! You could receive a smoking room simply be...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My stay at this hotel was very nice. The rooms are clean, the coffee is great and the staff are very helpful. Especially Negest, Mgr., and Dariana. I always had fresh towels and cleaning service whenever needed. Located right off the Garden State Pkwy, it's perfect for commuting or taking a quick trip to NYC. Also located within walking distance is the Wal-Mart shopping center, Long Horns, Pizza Hut, Replay Bar/Grill, Wawa Gas/Convenient store...AND, Wawa's ATM has no service charge/fee for all transactions. I didn't think I'd ever see a no-service-fee ATM in this day and age. Excellent.

I most certainly would recommend my friends and family to stay here when in this area of New Jersey.

DwayneM.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
toledo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

the beds are not very comfortable at all some have blankets under the sheets to make them softer it doesnt work .... the tv chanels are very limited only 22 and alot are the same chanels 6 espn 3 showtimes.... make sure you stay on the first floor drama on the other floors... I was on the second floor first and could hear everthing up stairs and in the hallway fights,arguing,running and yelling so i moved to the first floor and had no issues..... I stayed for 3-1/2 months

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was a very good experience. I stayes for more than 10 days. During Saturday Sundays i enjoyed the baseball games in Fords ground from my room's window. I has a pleasant and refreshing walk in the groud. The room odor was nice, with the spring season it was even better. The staff was very helpful and responsive. The small chit chats with help desk while returing from office kept me smiling on my way to room. John and Marianda were great...

Thanks you for the home away home expereince. Keep it up......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
juju1974
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My stay at this hotel was great, I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a place in Woodbridge. It is very close to the turnpike and the Garden State Parkway, but in a nice, quiet location. It is close to several places to eat, gas, and a grocery store.The staff was very nice and helpful and the room was clean and had everything I needed. The only thing that I didn't like was that I could hear the people above me walking around it was pretty noisy at times, usually I can't hear so much noise from another room at a hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Woodbridge, NJ. It's always...

Been to Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge? Share your experiences!