“Home Away from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Hoover Way, Woodbridge, NJ 07095 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Woodbridge - Newark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Woodbridge
Union Beach
“Home Away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Everybody was awesome. friendly faces. Everybody has a great personality. I want to thank Negest, Cecilia, Rosa, Sharon, and Tahiri for being really helpful. Negest was especially helpful because she went above and beyond to help me during Hurriccane Sandy, when I needed it the most.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you were very satisfied with your stay. Our entire staff aims to please and take care of our guests, and to make sure they all have a wonderful stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We are in your establishment for the Hurricane Sandy deployment with the Red Cross. Sharon is the friendly, helpful, cheerful face that greets us all at the end of our long days. We appreciate her directions, guidance,suggestions, conversation and smile. You couldn't have a better employee represent your "home" to us at our home away from home.

Thanks Sharon!

• Stayed December 2012
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. It's great to hear that our Front Desk Agent Sharon took care of you, and that we made you feel welcomed. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed two nights at the Extended Stay America Newark – Woodbridge. The hotel is in a safe area of town and close to shopping and restaurants. The noise level of acceptable and the bed was comfortable. No problem with bugs.

However, the first room I was given already had a guest checked in. The second room had dust and Cheetos crumbs on top of the refrigerator, both sliding closet doors had broken glass, and the microwave oven had old food debris in it. See the photos I attached. At this point I was so tired from the day, I just lived with it.

This was my first time to stay at an Extended Stay America and there are some things that you need to be aware of. You do not get daily maid service, there no amenities other than toilet paper and bar soap, and there is no one at the desk for early check out.

I went to check out a 5:30am and there was a sign to call “0” on the phone for assistance. I dialed “0” and it rang for 2 ½ minutes with no answer. So, I waited 3 minutes and called back, again with no answer.

I wrote the manager about my issues and he did offer a certificate for a free nights stay on my next visit, however, it has not arrived.

The room was OK for $50 per night, but it was not worth the $120 I was charged.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not optimal. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I have addressed each of the issues you mentioned with staff members, and reviewed the systems we have in place. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at crios@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Woodbridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The hotel is very convenient as it has a kitchen with microwave and a huge refrigerator and a coffee maker.The beds are spacious. Was also happy with the take away breakfast offered in the morning.It feels like being at home away from home.The Hotel Manager and the crew are excellent.We felt at home especially after being displaced by Hurricane Sandy.
Bravo to the crew at Extended Stay America, Woodbridge !!

Room Tip: Chose the top floors facing the highway.The view of the highway is beautiful and relaxing..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our amenities were to your liking, and that our staff treated you so well. We strive to provide this level of service to all of our guests. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My experiences here have been exceptional. First, the area is very close to popular restaurants and store chains. Second, the staff was always pleasant and very helpful, even Gladys the housekeeper I encountered. Its like living in a one bedroom loft with personal assistants.
The management of Mandeep Singh and Mrs. Green has been impeccable. If I needed my bed made or if I needed extra food during breakfast hours, this leadership made sure I was accommodated.
The front desk staff of Sharon, Miguel, and most of all Rosa, has been outstanding. Sharon is a down to earth professional that always smiles and takes care of guests. Miguel works the night shift and his response times and care of any guest need within reason is top notch. Rosa is a very bright and resourceful young lady that always serves you with a great smile and a take charge demeanor. Regardless of what you say or complain about, I always hear her say "no problem and thank you for letting me know, I will take care of it." Frankly, this is the place for those that may be home sick or just need to talk with down to earth professionals. I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay here at ESA Woodbridge. Thank you Mandeep for your leadership and team.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a Great review. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt so comfortable and delighted during your stay. We strive to take care of all of our guests. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I must start out by saying that for almost 20 years my job has had me traveling all over the country staying in hotels for 3 months at a time....which means I live in hotels 9 months out of a year. I usually perfer candlewood over extended stay. This time I stayed here because it was so close to my job. It was the best decision I ever made. I checked in early August and will be checking out late December. I am still here but this review couldn't wait until I checked out. The staff is like my new extended family. All of my needs have been met beyond my expectations. Since I checked in the hotel as remodeled with new furnishings. Any and all request I have had have been accommodated. I was here when hurricane sandy hit and we lost power for 3 days. The entire staff kept us informed, comfortable and safe through this trying time. When I got sick for 3 days and couldn't work the front desk checked on me regularly and even offered to go to the drug store for me if I needed anything. From the property managers Cecilia and mrs. Green to the desk clerks Rosa, Sharon and John everyone has been so helpful and made me feel like I was the most important guest they had. I strongly recommend this property to anyone who has to stay in this area. I wished they were all as good as this one.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you feel so comfortable with us! Thank you for all the wonderful comments about our entire staff. We take pride in takign care of evey guest. We hope to continue to accommodate you and meet your needs. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America!
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of weeks in september 2012. We were very comfortable through out stay. Thumbs up for the entire staff(each one of them at the front desk as well as the maintenance). Not only professional but extremely hospitable. The day we checked out, our schedule got haywire and we exceeded the grace time allowed by more than an hour. We were not pressurised or embarrased with phone calls. The staff was very courteous and understanding. That sort of flexibility when possible really helps the guests. The rooms are very clean and fresh. The granite top counters in the cooking area look sleek and sustain the interest. Hope the guests too take care of them as their own by not placing hot pans onto them directly.I placed wet folded towels underneath them. Our room did not have any issues.Well the internet was too slow with heavy traffic during our stay. They were going to address the issue shortly. I felt the gap underneath the door would be better with some sealing. The location was convenient with a park and a wallmart across the street.

Room Tip: The layout for king room that we stayed in was convenient with a vanity, and bathroom away from kitc...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful review about your experience at our Extended Stay America, in Woodbridge, NJ. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, that our staff accommodated your every need, and that our amenities were indeed of great use to you. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge? Share your experiences!