“The hotel had friendly associates working there and had quick check out” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge

You added Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Hoover Way, Woodbridge, NJ 07095 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Woodbridge - Newark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Woodbridge
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“The hotel had friendly associates working there and had quick check out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The hotel is very convenient as it has a kitchen with microwave and a huge refrigerator and a coffee maker.The beds are spacious. Was also happy with the take away breakfast offered in the morning.It feels like being at home away from home.The Hotel Manager and the crew are excellent.We felt at home especially after being displaced by Hurricane Sandy.
Bravo to the crew at Extended Stay America, Woodbridge !!

Room Tip: Chose the top floors facing the highway.The view of the highway is beautiful and relaxing..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our amenities were to your liking, and that our staff treated you so well. We strive to provide this level of service to all of our guests. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My experiences here have been exceptional. First, the area is very close to popular restaurants and store chains. Second, the staff was always pleasant and very helpful, even Gladys the housekeeper I encountered. Its like living in a one bedroom loft with personal assistants.
The management of Mandeep Singh and Mrs. Green has been impeccable. If I needed my bed made or if I needed extra food during breakfast hours, this leadership made sure I was accommodated.
The front desk staff of Sharon, Miguel, and most of all Rosa, has been outstanding. Sharon is a down to earth professional that always smiles and takes care of guests. Miguel works the night shift and his response times and care of any guest need within reason is top notch. Rosa is a very bright and resourceful young lady that always serves you with a great smile and a take charge demeanor. Regardless of what you say or complain about, I always hear her say "no problem and thank you for letting me know, I will take care of it." Frankly, this is the place for those that may be home sick or just need to talk with down to earth professionals. I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay here at ESA Woodbridge. Thank you Mandeep for your leadership and team.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a Great review. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt so comfortable and delighted during your stay. We strive to take care of all of our guests. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I must start out by saying that for almost 20 years my job has had me traveling all over the country staying in hotels for 3 months at a time....which means I live in hotels 9 months out of a year. I usually perfer candlewood over extended stay. This time I stayed here because it was so close to my job. It was the best decision I ever made. I checked in early August and will be checking out late December. I am still here but this review couldn't wait until I checked out. The staff is like my new extended family. All of my needs have been met beyond my expectations. Since I checked in the hotel as remodeled with new furnishings. Any and all request I have had have been accommodated. I was here when hurricane sandy hit and we lost power for 3 days. The entire staff kept us informed, comfortable and safe through this trying time. When I got sick for 3 days and couldn't work the front desk checked on me regularly and even offered to go to the drug store for me if I needed anything. From the property managers Cecilia and mrs. Green to the desk clerks Rosa, Sharon and John everyone has been so helpful and made me feel like I was the most important guest they had. I strongly recommend this property to anyone who has to stay in this area. I wished they were all as good as this one.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you feel so comfortable with us! Thank you for all the wonderful comments about our entire staff. We take pride in takign care of evey guest. We hope to continue to accommodate you and meet your needs. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America!
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of weeks in september 2012. We were very comfortable through out stay. Thumbs up for the entire staff(each one of them at the front desk as well as the maintenance). Not only professional but extremely hospitable. The day we checked out, our schedule got haywire and we exceeded the grace time allowed by more than an hour. We were not pressurised or embarrased with phone calls. The staff was very courteous and understanding. That sort of flexibility when possible really helps the guests. The rooms are very clean and fresh. The granite top counters in the cooking area look sleek and sustain the interest. Hope the guests too take care of them as their own by not placing hot pans onto them directly.I placed wet folded towels underneath them. Our room did not have any issues.Well the internet was too slow with heavy traffic during our stay. They were going to address the issue shortly. I felt the gap underneath the door would be better with some sealing. The location was convenient with a park and a wallmart across the street.

Room Tip: The layout for king room that we stayed in was convenient with a vanity, and bathroom away from kitc...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful review about your experience at our Extended Stay America, in Woodbridge, NJ. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, that our staff accommodated your every need, and that our amenities were indeed of great use to you. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

So, I wouldn't consider myself a 'fan' of Extended Stay... usually, they are 'average', however there is something unique about this location compared to the others I've stayed at. Every staff member I interacted with during my visit was not only phenomenal in providing customer service, but each was memorable. I felt like each person was invested in me as if they were neighbors to me. It was excellent.

I leave my typical feedback, which I'm learning is not a 'site-specific' issue; more so a company-wide issue:
1. Internet - Every location offers 'slow' internet... or you can choose to PAY for better internet. Not a fan of this at all.
2. Insulation - These hotel chains don't seem to have doors that fit their doorways. Noise comes in and goes out like there's a curtain instead of an actual door.

All in all, I've decided that I would rather stay at this location before others in the Woodbridge area upon my return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I want to personally thank you for taking time to tell everyone about your great experience at our hotel. I am particularly happy to read your comments regarding the difference our staff have made in your stay. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests.
We would love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I've been using this hotel for many years (formerly Homestead Inn and Suites). After reconstructions I found it even more attractive. Clean rooms with fresh odor, very friendly staff, possibility to cook myself, nice location made it very different from other hotels in this area. I always fell like being home while staying at this property. And perfect staff helped a lot to feel like that.
Pavel Doussov

Room Tip: All rooms are very good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Woodbridge, NJ. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. We believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.
We are looking forward to continuing to service you in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us for future reservations.
Woodbridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have been staying here for many many years. I have been staying here since this hotel was a Homestead. I have seen it through the transition. It has changed so much.
The new look and the newness makes a huge difference. This place is truly my home. I am treated like family. My stay here has always been pleasant. The staff is wonderful! They take good care of me. The Management team is awesome. Negest and Cecila are great!!
Rosa, Jay, Sharon also take good care of me. They treat me with respect and courtesy. They even gave me a birthday card and cake that really made my day after a very bad day of work.
Thanks for making me feel at home and you have now become my extended family.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a kitchen this is the place. A new WAWA is open now next door. Right near t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Woodbridge. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, a month, or even longer. I am glad that we are able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Once again, we want to thank you for such kind words. Please do not hesitate to contact us to let us know how we can make your stay a better one.

Been to Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge? Share your experiences!