“Nice place to stay for even extended periods” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Hoover Way, Woodbridge, NJ 07095 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites Woodbridge - Newark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Woodbridge
Edison, New Jersey
“Nice place to stay for even extended periods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of weeks in september 2012. We were very comfortable through out stay. Thumbs up for the entire staff(each one of them at the front desk as well as the maintenance). Not only professional but extremely hospitable. The day we checked out, our schedule got haywire and we exceeded the grace time allowed by more than an hour. We were not pressurised or embarrased with phone calls. The staff was very courteous and understanding. That sort of flexibility when possible really helps the guests. The rooms are very clean and fresh. The granite top counters in the cooking area look sleek and sustain the interest. Hope the guests too take care of them as their own by not placing hot pans onto them directly.I placed wet folded towels underneath them. Our room did not have any issues.Well the internet was too slow with heavy traffic during our stay. They were going to address the issue shortly. I felt the gap underneath the door would be better with some sealing. The location was convenient with a park and a wallmart across the street.

Room Tip: The layout for king room that we stayed in was convenient with a vanity, and bathroom away from kitc...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a thoughtful review about your experience at our Extended Stay America, in Woodbridge, NJ. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, that our staff accommodated your every need, and that our amenities were indeed of great use to you. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

So, I wouldn't consider myself a 'fan' of Extended Stay... usually, they are 'average', however there is something unique about this location compared to the others I've stayed at. Every staff member I interacted with during my visit was not only phenomenal in providing customer service, but each was memorable. I felt like each person was invested in me as if they were neighbors to me. It was excellent.

I leave my typical feedback, which I'm learning is not a 'site-specific' issue; more so a company-wide issue:
1. Internet - Every location offers 'slow' internet... or you can choose to PAY for better internet. Not a fan of this at all.
2. Insulation - These hotel chains don't seem to have doors that fit their doorways. Noise comes in and goes out like there's a curtain instead of an actual door.

All in all, I've decided that I would rather stay at this location before others in the Woodbridge area upon my return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
I want to personally thank you for taking time to tell everyone about your great experience at our hotel. I am particularly happy to read your comments regarding the difference our staff have made in your stay. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests.
We would love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I've been using this hotel for many years (formerly Homestead Inn and Suites). After reconstructions I found it even more attractive. Clean rooms with fresh odor, very friendly staff, possibility to cook myself, nice location made it very different from other hotels in this area. I always fell like being home while staying at this property. And perfect staff helped a lot to feel like that.
Pavel Doussov

Room Tip: All rooms are very good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Woodbridge, NJ. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. We believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.
We are looking forward to continuing to service you in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us for future reservations.
Woodbridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have been staying here for many many years. I have been staying here since this hotel was a Homestead. I have seen it through the transition. It has changed so much.
The new look and the newness makes a huge difference. This place is truly my home. I am treated like family. My stay here has always been pleasant. The staff is wonderful! They take good care of me. The Management team is awesome. Negest and Cecila are great!!
Rosa, Jay, Sharon also take good care of me. They treat me with respect and courtesy. They even gave me a birthday card and cake that really made my day after a very bad day of work.
Thanks for making me feel at home and you have now become my extended family.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a kitchen this is the place. A new WAWA is open now next door. Right near t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Woodbridge. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, a month, or even longer. I am glad that we are able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Once again, we want to thank you for such kind words. Please do not hesitate to contact us to let us know how we can make your stay a better one.
phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I'm sorry that this review did not get written before today, but what you will read here is copied from the letter I penned during our stay at the above location back in July of this year on the 16th and 17th.
First I'd like to say that we have stayed at this location numerous times in the past, and for a number of weeks at times. Your staff has always been and still is as courteous and helpful as they could possibly be.
This time though, I was disappointed that again my husband chose to go here. Staying here seemed to be getting to be a poor experience because of so many things missing all the time in the kitchen area, (with few add'l supplies to be found at the front desk) as well as finding nasty stains on the chairs, and other minor room problems. The worst thing, however, were the strong odors of different cultural cuisinnes that we would encounter as we 'd walk to our room.

But this time it was different!!! and what follows is the letter i penned while there on our last visit:

i was delighted as soon as we entered the lobby to check in (which made my husband happy)! the fresh new surroundings and fresh air were so unexpested! upon entering the room, i broke out into the hallelujah chorus! the changes are wonderful!!! your renovation crew very obviously took great pains even in the details.

i spoke personally with the op. mgr, ms. cecilia rios, who couldn't have been more accomodating and gracious. she explained about the changes throughout the operation and we ended up having a very good experience. thank you for the great improvements. we will surely come again.

i trust you will make a way for making each guest be accountable for how they take care of the nice new surroundings which have been provided for their personal use. we greatly appreciate staying near to the places we need to be when we are in nj. thank you and your gracious staff.

sincerely,
reverend frank and carolyn collazo

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Reverend and Mrs. Collazo - I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark. I am so happy that you were so pleased with our recent renovations, and that your first impression of our new and improved hotel was so positive. Knowing that you are looking forward to staying with us again means so very much to us, especially when we know that our efforts have truly helped to change your mind about us.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we look forward to your next visit. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Elizabeth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

The staff is very rude especially a paticular lady named Rosa. Sometimes the ladies are too busy flirting with the male guests they can't be bothered to answer questions. Always received excellent service from Ben and Sharon. Glad they have remodeled. Managers are rude too I see where the staff learns it. Would be a great place if they had better staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.
I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to your concern. I have spoken with my staff and reviewed the importance of being professional and polite with each and every guest, no matter how busy we may be. It is my sincere hope that apart from this unfortunate occurrence, the rest of your stay with us was satisfying, and I appreciate your comments regarding our recent remodel of the hotel.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

They have poor service, takes them hours to get anything for ex. Towels. House keeping isnt through. No supervision for children. They have regular visits from drug dealers and prostitutes. If staying long term, pass this one by.

• Stayed July 2012
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for completing a review of your recent stay at Extended Stay America - Woodbridge - Newark. I am so sorry to read of your experiences at our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post.
As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff, to how well we address the needs of our guests. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.
It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize once again for the fact that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly.

Been to Extended Stay America - Newark - Woodbridge? Share your experiences!