“Great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I live very close to this restaurant so I figure I'd review it for those of you traveling.
If you're in the Woodbridge area this place is a sure bet for moderately upscale dining. Its not quite 'fine dining' but its certainly a step above the chain restaurants and family diners. It gets very busy fast so make a reservation. The atmosphere is on the darker cozy intimate side, but at the same time it gets very loud from all the talking when busy. Everyone I've ever been there with has enjoyed every meal ordered.

Other local ideas within 2 miles:
J.J. Bitings ... its a casual bar/restaurant microbrewery, good food and beer. Great casual family dining, and I also hear the bar is very lively at night but that part of it isn't my scene.
Best local real pizzeria... San Remo on Main Street... best food of all local pizza joints, honestly its the ugliest of all too, but I'd vote for great food over fancy decor.
Casual breakfast/lunch eat-in or take-out... Knot Just Bagels. Great bagels, breakfast sandwiches, and great lunch... call ahead if you can, they get VERY busy at peak breakfast and lunch hours.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bowie, Maryland
“Authentic Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Loved the decor (lighting, atmosphere, music) of this place. Its a quaint hole-in-the-wall spot. Alexis was our waitress and was great. The Chicken Penne Pasta was fabulous. The free bread was nice too.

The price was also reasonable: Three meals: $53 not including tip.

I plan to be back!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Early Birthday Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I went out for lunch on 10/25/13 right after lunch and before dinner. We started our meal with Makers Mark Old Fashions and the antipasto for two which was quite filling and abundant. We then ordered pizzas for our main course. I had the pizza Bianca and my wife had the pizza Fra Diavlo. We could not finish our pizzas as they were just so rich and filling. We had espresso and dessert with after lunch/dinner drinks. The food quality was exceptional for the price and the service was quick and responsive to our request. We will be back again as I love the Mulberry Chopped salad and an extra dry vodka martini for lunch.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Poor after meal service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I went for dinner here one night after starting a new job. Was with two business colleagues, one of them local, who has given this establishment tons of business in the past.

The meal itself was pretty good, not 5 star Italian but not Olive Garden either. Service with the meal spotty but adequate.

What happened after the meal and for over 8 weeks is the real story. I guess the owner thinks no one will know if I treat one diner this way so, no big deal.

After the meal, we left and drove an hour back to our hotel and were flying out in early AM. I realized once there that's had left my new company supplied personalized leather portfolio, personalized Cross pen and all my notes and reports from that days business.

I immediately called the restaurant and was put on hold 10 minutes the first call, hung up on second call and finally got the owner who transferred call to the phone in back due to,the phone up front having issues.

I told him what I had left and he already knew about it since my server turned it in I suppose. I asked him how we could get it back to me since I had no way of returning this trip. In the end I gave him all my info AND my credit card numbers so he could use that to mail it out to me and he agreed to do so. Thinking this was the end of the issue, I waited 10 days and when I nothing from them I sent an email. No reply. Odd. Waited another week or so then called and got an employee namede Chris on the line who said the owner was out BUT he would personally see that he got the message and get back to me with a status since I told him the issue. No call. Really odd.

I start,thinking are they really going to keep my personalized company property and all my business notes and reports?

A month after I tried once more with no contact and gave up.

So for this reason alone I need to let others know. The restaurant lost some biz from my company as well who comes to the area often and has reps living in the area.

I lost about $100 in goods and needed business documents due to this and it is an issue that needs to be known. The entire experience is to be taken into account at any establishment.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Edison, New Jersey
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

First off, we went in on mothers day as a party of 4 with a one year old. We were sat quickly and bread was brought right to our table only moments after sitting. The waitress was warm and sweet and she made you feel at home.
The food was to DIE for. I had chicken franchise and I know I will be craving it again soon. My father had penne in alfredo sauce and that was also amazing. Perfectly seasoned.

All around, I plan to come back very soon and I totally recommend coming here!

• Visited May 2013