It was our first trip to Africa and first safari. It was a delightful and peaceful experience ! Everything and more was delivered like on their web site and The African Travel Channel's video clip in YouTube. All staff members are very helpful and personable. Our ranger Cindy was very knowledgeable and shared her excitement to show us what a perfect safari looks like. Although it was still a little cold and several animals were hiding in the far bushes we were able to see lots of animals so that my 8 year old son was able to check off the "Wild Animal" seeing checklist provided by this truly "Out of Africa" accommodation. The animals were so close that I was able to make memorable pictures with my simple iPhone. Breakfast, lunch and high tea was served facing the breathtaking views of the waterhole, sunrise and landscape. Definitely the best choice for a first time malaria free safari.
- Also Known As:
- Gorah Elephant Camp Hotel
- Gorah Elephant Camp Hotel Addo Elephant National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The incomparable thrill of quietly observing a passing herd of elephant while being served tea on the veranda of a stately Colonial manor house is the stuff of dreams and legends. This exclusive safari lodge recaptures the romantic mystique of authentic safari of centuries past - the awesome natural world of Africa merged with colonial nostalgia and modern sophistication to deliver an unforgettably unique 5 star adventure. Gorah is a member of Relais & Chateaux. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Escapio and Venere so you can book your Gorah Elephant Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.