“friendly family oriented clean !!!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Singapore Motel
515 East Orchid Road, Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #64 of 73 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
“friendly family oriented clean !!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2010

The owner and staff very friendly whatever you neede you just neede to ask and it was done. Service was available 24\7 there was always someone to help you no matter what time it was'the kid were allowed to swim at all times as long as they were supervised not that the pool would close at 7:00 . The only problem was that the week that i went the room i had was on line for less that what i was charged which i wiil contact the owner and ask about it otherwise i would recommend the SINGAPORE to anyone.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

I'v stayed in wild wood for over 30 yrs and many many hotels some of the reviews are unfair but most are right the owners could use a course in customer relations, very short and sometimes rude she's always in a hurry always busy as she tells people, very unorganized seems like she's on drugs, tried to get $ 30.00 more than she told us on the phone but we were having none of that. Our room was average but cramped. too much furniture in a small space. the cleaning staff did a great job of keeping the room clean, but the common area's were not great and the pool was very bad very foggy and had floaters all over the place ( I have a pool myself so I know a clean one when I see it this was not one) I did not see the filter running once the whole time we were there and we stay up late. I swam for 5 minuets and got out. the rest of the place was in a lot of need of repairs. the parking problems was one of my biggest issues here as it is always for me I expect to ALWAYS have a parking space every time I come back to the room. and I didn't a few times I had to squeeze into tight spots due to other guess taking up too much room and when there was none later at night the office would not be there to help. I wouldn't say its the worst place we ever stayed but close. there best feature is the location great ocean views but thats about it.

Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

This ladies is a liars and a fraudes... they are not nice and doesnt give a dam about you once you paid !! A part from being directly on the beach (and they are not the only motel on the beach BTW) so dont stop your choice on this hotel just cuz of that... the rooms are big ... but everything was missing... no room to cook, no room to sit, no room for nothing !!! While i was there .. 10 days yeah ... stupid choice... 95% of the ppl there complained and was very pissed !! Please if you have young children or even young teenager... DO NOT GO there... they are far enuff from the Boardwalk to get annoyed at walking... and THEY HAVE NOTHING !!! I MEAN NOTHING for kids to enjoy. Plus for sure when you get there... the price you negociated will not be the right one... and you will be surcharge for someone reason or another... DO NOT GO THERE...

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood Crest hotels

Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

This was our 3rd year at the Sinapore and we stayed 6 nights, 7 days (rm 204).8/8/10-8/14/10. I have to say that we were very pleased with the rooms, the service and the staff. The beds were very comfortable. Each year we go we see more improvements to the hotel and the grounds. The location is right on the beach and the pool is open late and kept very clean, with ample lounge seating, BBQ area and snack bar. The restaurant on the 2nd floor has a nice selection and serves good breakfast .The cleaning staff were very good and through. Extra towels were always provided when asked. The office staff (Pat) are always friendly and accommdating and always remember us each year. Parking is never a problem. and the elevator is always available. Looking foward to next year at the Singapore !!! Love Those Wildwood Days :)
Sandy and John Shirak

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

I read reviews after I booked this hotel and then started to worry about what I was going to expect when I got there. We were very happy with our experience at this hotel...the location is excellent, right on the beach! The rooms were very clean, the staff very polite, friendly and willing to help and offer us anything we needed for our rooms, extra towels and such. Our teens loved the option of pool or beach and went back and forth when the beach got too hot. The pool is clean and there are lots of lounges available...I suggested they add some shade around the pool as my feedback when leaving. Big BBQ area and three family size tables to eat by the pool. Pat we will be back next year, thanks for your hospitality...your Canadian friends!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
bridgeport, wv
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I should have known when we walked in the lobby and the staff could not find our reservation, that this was going to be a bad adventure!!!! And then when I asked about my reservation, the girl's reply was "we have your reservation, gee, calm down". I paid $165.00 a night for a side view room that ended up facing the parking lot. Yikes !! For $165.00 I should have went to the Grand Caymen Islands. The room was small, and on Wednesday Aug 4, 2010, we had absolutely NO AIRCONDITIONING, NONE. It was 95 degrees that day. The owner's reply, here take our fan, but we don't have any air either and it cost me $6000.00 for him to be here on Tuesday". There was no accomadation for the night without air. The staff was extremely rude and unprofesssional, and just when you thought it couldn't get worse, there is no one there to check you out on Sunday morning. We had to pay a $20.00 deposit for 2 keys and the remote control for the TV(which did not turn the TV on or off), you had to stick your finger inside the TV to turn it on, so we left sunday morning. I figure they need the $20 worse than I do. Perhaps some employee training????????? The internet site is a scam, the hotels around are apparently photoshopped out, because there are places on both sides right on top of the singapore.
Do not waste your money here!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Bronx,NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

My family stayed the end of June for a long weekend. This hotel isnt the best but it's good enough. If your going on vacation to a beach type place, you don't spend hours and hours in your hotel room, that's not the point of vacationing at a place like this. So for us, it was good enough.

The pool was the best part to us-open all night and was clean and nice. The room was pretty clean, however, the TV didnt really work but that was OK for me. The AC was good and the maid service was great too !! I don't really have any complaints. It's not Trump Towers but then again NONE of the hotels in Wildwood are top notch. So if you're looking for the 4 Seasons, do not go to WW because you won't find it. If you want a hotel just to sleep for the night and bop in and out-then this is fine.

Botox Lady is a dimwit to say the least but she didn't bother anybody.

I really liked that you could walk right to the beach right from the hotel-that was great!

Going back this weekend so it's not that bad :)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Singapore Motel? Share your experiences!