“a really Happy Place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #65 of 74 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Rego Park, New York
“a really Happy Place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I had a very great first impression of Singapore Motel to begin with, starting the reservation. I spoke with this lady Nikki , and I asked her to give me an oceanfront view room, I really didn't think anything of it , because I had a very bad experience with big hotels in AC from the previous year , so I had no higher expectations of what this motel will do for me.
To my surprise just speaking to Pat before we got there, she was very friendly, though I was still skeptical, we got there and both Pat and Marco were genuinely nice and accomodating.
The room that I pointed out was available to us and perfect , because my kids aren't really feeling to go outside that day but I wanted to sunbathe, while my 2 kids were playing video games in the room with their PSP, I was just a couple feet away from them and we're all enjoying the view. The most lasting impression that Pat had , that genuine smile and really people person, is what would make me go back and refer this place to friends and family!!!
The bathroom curtains could use changing , but other than that the linens are clean and beds comfortable!

Room Tip: the corner room is very quiet in every floor I assume because the bedroom is hidden so no windows, t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
singaporemotelnj, Front Office Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for your response. Yes, we do the best we can and are glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chappaqua, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We just got back from three nights at Singapore motel and need to share this review. The rooms are a little run down, however the beds were comfortable the pool and barbaque area were very good. The staff was very accomodating and for the price it was great value. Our room was a bit on the small side but had a private bedroom. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your response. Hope to see you next year.
Branchburg, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Yes, I read the other reviews, but as is my nature, I did not pay attention to them. I wanted to see for myself and I can honestly say I didn't see any of what was reported about. Pat and Marco were so nice, friendly and accomodating. The pool was crystal clear, the rooms were fine and the cleaning staff was friendly as well. I can say I have stayed all around the world and what I paid for this beach front resort was a true bargin. I am not sure how my experience was so much differenent, but maybe I don't go expecting a Four Seasons room at a Hotel 6 price? We had 2 rooms - 2 adults, 1 teenager and 3 kids, we all had a great time without a care in the world and we will definately be back. I loved sitting at the pool and being able to see and hear the ocean, best of both worlds in my book. I spoke to all the hotel guests at the pool that I could and no one had an issue, everyone was as pleased as we were.

Thank you Pat and Marco - see you soon!

Room Tip: All the rooms were fine, some on higher levels faced the beach, but honestly I thought they were all...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I've been to a lot of motels in my time but this has by far been the only one I had to dedicate my time writing a review for! It was absolutely horrible! For one, the website is completely different from what the motel is like. The price are made up on the spot depending on who you talk to on the phone. I talked to a man and he said $119 for a room but I called back later and a women said it was $160 and "it was impossible for a man to pick to up the phone." When I got there, there was no parking, a dog in the room next to mine (when no pets are allowed), and most importantly, the service was trash. Every time I asked for something, the women threatened me so I checked out and she had the nerve to throw something at me. Nevertheless, pay a little more because you can ask anyone whose been there, it's the worst motel in wildwood.

• Stayed August 2012
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I apologize for whatever has happened to you while at the Singapore.
Prices do change from room to room or week day stay to weekend for the same room.
Also our price do vary from the beginning of the summer to the end of September.
If anyone spoke to you improperly I apologize for the whole staff.
South Glens Falls, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have gone to Wildwood Crest for vacation since I was a child and started bringing my children as well. I now am looking for a place to bring my Granddaughter for vacations. The motel we used to stay at has been taken down and up went the condos. I thought the Singapore would have been a good fit for us by looking at the website. Well when we got there it wasn't what I expected at all. My husband & I paid more for a certain room and my parents paid less then us and received a much better room, ours was very dirty. Someone left socks on the floor and we found an oreo under the bed and a finger nail on the comforter. It was also very dusty with lots of cobwebs. They don't have a coffee shop or place to eat like it says and no ice machine. We had to go across the street to the Royal Hawaiin. As far as the people running it, Very nice but they need to work on cleaning the place up instead of begging people to stay because the rooms are not up to par. We witnessed people seeing their room and leaving.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your response. Every year we are working on this motel.
This year a lot of work was completed on the structure and Hurricane Sandy.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I were guest at the Singapore in September, 2012. We were a little leary because we had never stayed in the Crest before and only booked Sun-Wed. When we arrived, we were very impressed with this hotel as well as the courteous owners. They could not do enough to make us comfortable. They were very accommodating and made us feel that their home was our home. We loved our room which was very clean and spacious. The private entrance to the beach was fabulous, and we certainly took advantage of the beach being so close. The pool was fabulous as it was heated and we swam everyday. We met lots of wonderful people from all over, including Canadians and people from Ohio. All of the other guest were so nice and friendly, and were as happy with the motel as we were. I did not hear any negative remarks. In fact, we loved it so much that we extended our vacation by two days and stayed until Friday morning. We will certainly be returning next year. Thank you for your hospitality.
The Sariego's

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
singaporemotelnj, Manager at Singapore Motel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you so much. See you next summer.
Orefield, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

It really bothers my husband and I that there are always so many negative reviews about this place. We have stayed there nearly every summer for the last 8 years starting with our honeymoon. While we will admit that on occasion you may have to wait a few extra minutes for towels or something you have to also consider the fact that the owner Pat does not have much help and she and her staff are doing the job of 20 or more ppl at once. We have always had clean rooms,clean towels and are always met with friendliness. Every summer we feel like we are going back to a place that feels like home. BUilding memories with our kids there has been wonderful and it was great to take some of our other family there for a short sty in sept. You have to also consider that 90% of the hotels down there are older and really get beat up next to the water.If you want a 5 star hotel I would suggest another beach other than Wildwood, it's an old fashion type of town with lots of hotels in need of repairs. We have seen improvements each year at the singapore. No where else can you go with such a great pool area,and heated at that,where you can swim late,cook out hang out in the picnic area and outside your room without the grief many places give you.We will be back again next year the same as always to have another enjoyable stay and to make more family memories! Keep up the great work Pat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much. We appreciate your review.

Been to Singapore Motel? Share your experiences!