“Best Oceanfront Hotel on the Crest” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort
on the Beach at Orchid Rd., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #51 of 74 hotels in Wildwood Crest
Steubenville, Ohio, USA
“Best Oceanfront Hotel on the Crest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

I have been staying in Wildwood for over 15 years--we have family there we visit and are very familiar with many of the hotels/motels. This hotel is the best one there in many ways. Lester (owner) is very helpful in getting you the room/floor you desire.But you must call early for a reservation for there are a lot of regulars that return every summer. We recently returned from a week there in mid June and made many new friends. We will be going back.

Royal Hawaiian has the biggest pool and hot tub (hot tub holds at least 30 people) on the Crest. The pool is open until 10pm on Wed & Sat Evenings. The pool & hot tub are very clean Easy entry to the beach from the pool too !

The rooms are nice and clean, beds were comfortable. The maids and maintenance man were helpful and kind. Parking was plentyful. 2 Elevators are on premises and never a wait to get on them.

Thank you Lester & Crew for the best Wildwood Crest Vacation Ever !! See you next summer !

Room Tip: Third floor is great for it has a huge deck that is perfect for watching the sun rise or set. Lots o...

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We have stayed at 3 hotels in Wildwood Crest. This is our third and final hotel. It has everything we need: friendly owners and guests, a family environment, the best pool and hot tub on the Island, and nice rooms. We look forward to many years of family fun at this hotel. Thanks Sis and Les.

Room Tip: Stay away from Beach Blast at Wildwood. Those guests are ignorant...not the hotel's fault.
Collingswood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We recently stayed at the Royal Hawaiian for a short 3 day vacation. This place is gorgeous! The pool is gigantic with a little island in the middle. There's also a hot tub. The location is beautiful...right on the beach. The staff and maids were so nice. Even all the customers were friendly. This is a great place for children since it has a little "Tiki Cafe" and arcade. The place was very clean. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer. We will be going back. Their off season rates were great. If you like Wildwood Crest I definately would recommend the Royal Hawaiian.

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Royal Hawaiian is located right on the beach. The rooms are spacious and clean. The room comfortably accomodated our family of 5. The pool is beautiful with chairs all around. The location is not only scenic but in a good location. Within walking distance are bike rentals, park, and church. We enjoyed our stay and will return.

Wellington, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We have been going to this hotel as long I can remember. We love it, our parents love it, our siblings,friends, and all of the children(0-17) love going to the shore which for us means The Royal Hawaiian. We live in Palm Beach Florida and have for 15 yrs. We are originally from the Northeast and there is nowhere quite like Wildwood. This property is located directly on the beach and has a very fun, clean pool. As far as cleanliness goes, do you really think people would travel from Palm Beach to a filthy hotel?? It has always been spotless and well cared for. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. As far as the staff, I have to say I'm perplexed at the reviews that are unflattering. The people who run the hotel have ALWAYS been wonderful! As you can imagine, since we've been staying here for 30+ years we inevitably have come across various issues, all of which were handled both professionally and courteous. Having stayed at both The Ritz Carlton(several locations) and The Royal Hawaiian I can honestly say if you are looking for a themed,fun,clean,family oriented beach front Wildwood hotel...this is it!!! But, if you are looking for valet parking, tea time, and room service....what are you doing in Wildwood??? LOL!!!

Room Tip: Our. fav room is 5 th. floor ocean front corner room over looking the pool <3
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Annville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I called the Royal Hawaiian, in early February, and spoke with a gentleman about reserving a Memorial Day weekend package. I was advised to send in my deposit and make a notation on my reservation that the 5th person in our room was going to be a 2 year old. It was to be no problem. A follow up call confirmed they received my deposit on February 7. Well imagine my surprise when today, ALMOST 21 DAYS LATER, I received a call informing me that package I reserved, and sent in a deposit for, was no longer available! When I asked how this was possible, I was told that they "were hoping that not everyone sent in their deposits." What does that even mean? That some people made reservations but didn't send in the deposits? Why wasn't one of the guests who sent deposits in after me contacted and told there was no availability. Why wasn't I informed that I be on a waiting list when I origianally called? This seems like a very UNFAIR business practice. They did say they would send my deposit back, but that is NOT the point. I am now going to have disappointed children :( It's true what they say, "An unhappy customer will spread the word about a bad experience with your business, including recommending that people not use your services." I'm off to post to Facebook now to alert friends and family from the Philadephia area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
royalhawaiian, Manager at Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
We regret this customer had a bad experience with the Motel. When we talk to a customer, we keep all information and correspondences,even the envelopes they mail us with the deposit. She could not have confrmed with us on 2/7/12 because she dated the form for the2/7/12 and the Money Order was dated the 2/7/12. We received it on 2/14/12 which is the post mark on the envelope. We had no information she had called and booked the room. So we did hold it 2 weeks to see if all deposits came in before calling and letting her know we did not have the specials available. We did have other roooms not on the special. This was not acceptable so we mail her deposit back. We are always honest with our customers and try to provide them with the highest quality of service.
Hillsdale, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I was there for a long weekend in September and teh Hotel was clean, the pool was clean the Hot tub. the parking was plentyfull and everyone was very accomidating. This is an excellent Beach Hotel with efficency apartment style accomidations 4 year and have never been disapointed yet.

Room Tip: All locations on property good!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Royal Hawaiian Beachfront Resort? Share your experiences!