Our family has our reunion every two years. We have always stayed at the Crusader. We booked our rooms months in advance for our reunion this year. We are a very large family and take up almost the whole hotel. We always let management know that there will be noise and games held outside. This year was no different. Management, however, decided to rent out the few rooms that were left to others. We can't blame them. Times are tough, however, they didn't inform the renters of our reunion and the amount of people we had.
So here is the problem .It was very annoying and not necessary. There is a large patio area that we use outside of the pool area, This is where we set up our corn hole tournament which consisted of four boards, Evidently management rented out the room closest to the game area. They complained of the noise of the games and management told us at 8;30 that we had to stop because people were leaving, It was only the couple in the room next to our game area. We don't know why they would rent out that room when there was others available that was no where near where we were.
This happened two nights in a row. I felt like we were being bullied by the manager and treated very unfairly. We paid for our time. No one else complained. In fact they said that they couldn't even hear us. We were only playing corn hole, There was no foul language. We had all ages playing young to old. We felt like it ruined our weekend with his constant watching us. People come from all over the country for our reunion. Lucky for us two years from now we found a new place just two doors down that is more than glad to have our business in this tough economy.
We will not be going back to the Crusader ever. The noise ordinance said 11 pm to 7am was quiet time. Management started on us @ 5;30 the second night. Never again. They have lost a huge amount of money..
If you want to have fun and sleep in nice beds and enjoy your vacation, I recommend you stay somepla...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
October 16, 2012
Yes, while it is true that we have had the pleasure of hosting this particular family reunion a number of times over the past five seasons this year the number of rooms increased. The final room count was approximately 35% of the total rooms. The remaining 65% of the guest rooms were rented to non-group guests.
Report response as inappropriate
The group made individual reservations and each family was offered the option of a discounted package plan (room and breakfast for an all inclusive price). Room upgrades to oceanfront accommodations were also available at a discounted rate. Obviously the group would like to have a place to gather together so I arranged a complimentary hospitality room (which was set up with tables and chairs in the room as well as table and chairs outside of the room). The hospitality room was on the third floor away from the guests not associated with the reunion.
The pool area and sundeck are for all guests to enjoy in relative peace. The game in question was extremely annoying to non-group guests (one room checked out early because they equated the noise to gun shots - other guests thanked me when when I addressed the reunion gamers for a third time in two days). I did insist that they cease playing in that particular area. Alternative locations such as the beach or recreation field (both located direcrtly accross the street) or the parking garage were refused by the reunion gamers.
This guest review is obviously an exception to the normal reviews.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.