“Nice, Clean Beach resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort
6101 Ocean Ave., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 73 hotels in Wildwood Crest
Philly
“Nice, Clean Beach resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My family and I have been staying here for almost 20 yrs. It is located right on the beach and is a great place to stay. It is very well maintained and all of the staff are friendly and helpfull. It has a resturant/coffee shop downstairs and a very nice size Heated pool. It is located only six blocks from the start of the boardwalk. If your looking for a relaxing place to stay but only a short walk to the boardwalk, this is the place for you..

Room Tip: request a beach/ocean view..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Elizabeth, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Always had a great time at the crusader until this year 2012 in aug.I should of known I was going to have a bad time as soon as I showed up the elevators where down I had to carry my stuff to the room. As I'm walking to the room I noticed that the room they where giving me was not the one I reserved.they told me that I would get ocean front and pool view with private balcony.guess what they stuck me in 115. I argued with them telling them that they made a mistake.Allan the manager asked me if I can put you up on a higher floor would that be better I said I would just want my room but for the time being sure he said go see the room and let me know if you like it I told the woman that ok ill move for now as soon as I said that Allan walks up and says imsorry can't give you that room.Really ,,, I asked allan that I would like to speak with the person in which I made the reservation. He said as soon as he comes in he would tell him.They never contacted me they never apologized when I left I felt used and treated unfairly .one month has gone by and I'm writing this review you know I'm pissed, and still no phone call. Oh by the way tell your lifeguard stop texting while he's watching the kids in the pool. Never again thanks Allan keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Alan S, General Manager at The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
While it is unfortunate that the elevator unexpectedly went out of service just days after it had routine service, I had staff standing by to assist all guests with luggage or whatever else they had to move from floor to floor.

I don't understand why this customer was surprised by his accommodations (a pool view efficiency suite which does offer an ocean view) . It was the same room type he reserved and occupied in 2010, in fact it was the room next to the one he reserved in 2010. In 2006 and 2009 he did reserve an ocean front suite.

The room types are clearly noted on all confirmations. The time to raise any question is upon reciept of the confirmation, not check in. I did ask the guest if he would be happier if I could move him one floor higher and he responded by asking which room. He was shown the alternative room while I tried to make the change. Unfortunately I was unable to manipulate reservations to accommodate him.

I made several sincere apologies to the guest and tried to ease the obvious tention between him and his guest. The person who took the reservation was off the first two days of the stay, and did attempt to call the room on at least three seperate occasions on the third and final day of the reservation.

We take great pride in our reservation proceedures. We always guarantee the type of accommodation and 99% of the time we can honor requests for particular locations or even room number. However, it is the responsibilty of the guest to review the confirmation (with particualr attention to dates, room type and rate) to be sure they are satisfied upon arrival.
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I am an avid beach goer, and after having gone through the horrible experience at the El Coronado in July, I was very pleasantly surprised at the Crusader. The staff at check-in was delightful, the room was immaculate (and nicely air conditioned!), the beds were extremely comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed our 4-day stay and will definitely return. Only one mishap and that was the elevator broke the night before we were checking out, but the front desk had two of their maintenance people show up at our third floor room to carry our luggage downstairs for us. Outstanding customer service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Westwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Great family vacation at The Crusader! It was very clean and the staff is so friendly. The room was a great size and it is a great location! If I had any negative it is that there is not enough lounge chairs around the pool and people put their towels on the chairs to save the few there are and then never come to the pool! But overall we had a wonderful time and will return for sure!!!!

Room Tip: The 4s rooms are the best!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have been coming to the Crusader for many years and cannot believe this is not rated at the top. I dont even know where to start explaining why this motel is the most awesome choice in the town. There is not a negative thing to say. The place is extremely clean, well maintained, the people are friendly and helpful, the coffee shop and take out window are great and convenient. There is a gift shop in the lobby. They have a bathroom to use or change in on the lower level if you want to use to stay and go to the beach after you check out. The self controlled central air conditioning means you do not have a noisey unit buzzing while you are trying to sleep. It is never noisey morning or night. They have ping pong and shuffle board. The pool is always immaculate. The owner and the front desk staff are unbelievablely nice, pleasant and helpful. The rooms are perfect size, always clean, beds and pillows really comfortable, 2 tv's that are modern and work great. The lobby is full of fliers, newspapers, coupon books full of fun activites of things to do around town, restaruant menus to look at and more. Not one negative here, HIGHLY recommend this place!!!! (have been coming to the wildwoods since a kid, have stayed in others)

Room Tip: We like the efficiency rooms, large refrigerators, plates, glasses utensils all there. Ours faced th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Alan S, General Manager at The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you, and all of our other guests, for your kind review(s). It is most important for all of us here to make everyone who stays with us feel like they are guests in our home, not just staying at another beach resort. Many of you are like family.

On behalf of the owners and all of the staff I thank you and look forward to seeing you all in 2013.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

We check in early to our room and was very happy about that. Everyone at the front desk I talked to was very nice & friendly. We stayed in the 4W. Livingroom with sleeper sofa, table n chairs, small flat screen, small fridge wish was bigger, bathroom was clean an decent, bedroom with queen fluffy bed, small flat screen and loved the whirlpool. Very clean,neat & well kept. Wasn't expecting to be waken up by room service early ever morning but I told them I did my own cleaning so they didn't have to do much. Pool was clean, you knew it had chlorine but wasn't over powering. Wasn't to thrilled about the other guest moving my belongings to satisfy themselves or that the children had taken over the pool all day an it closed early. The restaurant downstairs was ok not great but ok. Loved that the beach was across the street an 5 blocks to beginning of boardwalk. Not many stores in walking distance so we had to drive but not a problem. Was sad they didn't except pets but overall we loved it. Next time we bring the whole family !!!

• Stayed August 2012
jersey city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

A bit late on this review, our unexpected stay to Crusader from 7/19-21 was unbelievable, on our way back from Ocean City, MD, we took the ferry, an awesome ride, we decided to stay in Wildwood for 2 nights, drove around, checked for availability, and ended up at Crusader, The staff showed us two rooms, one was on the street side and the other ocean front suite, we took the oceanfront, the bedroom was separate with 2 full size beds, and the couch had a pull out bed, got our bags, unpacked a little and hit the pool, it was great, there was a lifeguard, very helpful, answer a few questions. In the evening, we walked to the boardwalk as we were only about 6 blocks away, the most amazing boardwalk in the world that I know, highly recommend for all ages. The room was SO CLEAN, the sheets, bathroom, bedroom, everything, all was of high standards, the workers were all friendly, very helpful. On Friday, it was raining, damp, cloudy and windy, however we still took a walk the beach, came back and hit the pool for a few minutes. Saturday was same weather so we left early. We would definitely stay at this hotel every year from now on.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Crusader Oceanfront Family Resort? Share your experiences!