“Great food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Description: We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner
Newark, Delaware
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We ate here several times during our stay for breakfast and lunch. They have great selections and all food is served in a timely manner. Their French toast is the best I have had! Seating overlooks the pool or the large fish tank! Highly recommended!

Visited September 2013

Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“Terrific Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This restaurant is inside the Pan American Hotel on Ocean Avenue. Also accessible from the street. Lots of parking available.

Joe and Maggie, the owners, have terrific food, hot and fresh and service is excellent. Prices are very good. I have eaten breakfast and lunch on many occasions and have always been very satisfied. Usually have to take part of my lunch back to my room. Prices are very reasonable. The restaurant is very clean, the rest rooms are also very clean which is one way to tell how clean the kitchen will be.

In the lobby of the restaurant is a very large fish tank with beautiful fish swimming.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Colonia, New Jersey
“Good,but nothing spectacular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had dinner at Alosi's Bistro with my wife two children and I.The dining room is very nice,upperclass,very clean looking.The service was great,from the hostest to the servers the staff was very attentive to the children as a father i can say that goes a long way.The food was good, but nothing spectacular for the prices I was expected more.The portions were small especially the steaks.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Another Great Time at Alosi's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We have been eating at Alosi's for several years while on vacation, always drawn back by their friendly service and good food. We stayed at the Pan American Hotel again this year (Alosi's is part of the same property) and ate most of our meals there. The restaurant never seems terribly busy so getting a seat is never a problem. The hostess/owner is there most of the time and always has a smile and is very kind.

My family of 10 tried many dishes and everyone was very pleased. My two favorite dishes are the Nut- Encrusted Tilapia and the Chicken Cutlet with Brown Gravy. Both are served with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Spinach. The Tilapia has a very sweet flavor from the nuts and is an excellent dish. I can't say enough good things about the Cutlet with the Brown Gravy. Yes it is a pretty basic dish but it's so good! Before your main course is served you are given toasted bread with homemade long-hot peppers. The peppers are so good I bought a whole big jar of them (only $10!) to bring home with me. The Molten Chocolate Cake and Peanut Butter Bomb are great deserts, and there are others as well but I didn't get to try them.

People seem to overlook Alosi's because they don't notice it as it is attached to the Pan American Hotel and is easy to miss, but trust me when I say it is truly a little gem.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
“Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The food was good but expensive. 8 oz glass of apple juice was $2.75 and was considered a large. It was laughable. My son ordered a small orange juice and it was no more than 6 oz. Children's drinks are bigger than these. With all the choices, in the Crest for breakfast, I would not recommend this choice.

Visited August 2013