“Nice people, great food, slow and steady service” 4 of 5 stars

Holy Mackerel
430 E. Louisville Avenue, Wildwood Crest, NJ
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
“Nice people, great food, slow and steady service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted as if we were wanted at this establishment. They moved tables, took our stroller, packed to go bags,
Opened our wine...
Great people and the food... So good... Prices are very reasonable!!!! Service is a bit slow but it is because he makes each meal fresh to order. Accommodated food allergies and a one year old... Oh yeah, got to watch the sun set over the beach. Best first meal in seven years!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Norfolk, Virginia
“These people are nuts.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went there for lunch one day and after only 3 minutes we decided to eat elsewhere. We informed our server that we changed our minds. As I was reaching in my pocket for a tip, I was told I had to leave now. When I asked for the manager I was told that I was talking to the owner. When I asked how she could treat customers with such a nasty attitude she informed me that I was not a customer and she didn't need my money. Besides, the food selection is ordinary, but the prices are high. I might have eaten there at a different time, but after the service or lack there of, I will not eat there, EVER!!!!

Visited July 2013
Monroe, Connecticut
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have visited a few times for breakfast takeout but finally went for dinner during our last stay and very glad we did. Staff was friendly and the food was very good. BYOB without a cork fee is a nice bonus. If you are looking for a fancy place with small portions then this not the place for you. But if you are into good food, fair prices and a nice view of the great Wildwood Crest Beach then be sure to give it a try.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
“Holy Mackeral, What a Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Holy Mackeral is a fairly new restaurant in the rear first floor of the Madrid Motel Condos in Wildwood Crest. It serves primarily Italian food and is open for breakfast, lunch & dinner.

It is one of the best kept secrets in the Wildwoods. The food is great and the owners are personable and accommodating. If you don't see something on the menu you like, they will make it for you.

Being of Italian descent, I am very fussy about the quality of the "gravy" I eat in Italian restaurants and especially the meatballs. I have found very few restaurants that make meatballs like Grandma used to make. Well, Holy Mackeral is the closest I have found. Their gravy and meatballs are terrific. And the rest of the food on the menu is terrific too. I have yet to find anyone who hasn't enjoyed their meal.

Also, you sit right next to the beach with great views of the ocean. A must stop on your restaurant tour.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glen Rock, New Jersey
“Service with an attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I wrote long review that TripAdvisor ate... So I would just say convenient but would go yet next door

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere