“Great trip!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 74 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

This was our first visit to Wildwood NJ. We have always gone to Ocean City MD but opted for a more laid back family friendly place for our first family trip with our 2yr old. The beach was great and the hotel had a small but very cute pool overlooking the beach. Our room was clean and we had a great oceanfront private balcony-although with the fog we really only saw the ocean for one night...My only complaints about this hotel would be that the there was only one elevator that is situated ont he other side of the hotel from where our oceanfront room was. And since it is set up like a motel the walkways to our room were actually other room's decks. So we had to wheel our cart past 10 rooms where peopel were outside and had to move for us to get by. Also the set up of the room we did not like. The balcony which was nice that it was inthe common area but it then put the private bedroom as the entrance. So if someone was sleeping, no one else could leave. Overall the motel was great and the people were great but the whole set up was just not pleasant.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Acacia, the front desk care about their guests, rooms are spacious and location is great.

Good
Rooms - Size is larger than any WW hotel we've stayed for the past 40 years. Each room decor is unique as most are condo owned and rented. Kitchens in each room with full fridge.
Location - Ideal, beachfront with the Beach Grill at the next property over. Plenty of parking with spaces large enough to prevent door dings. Patios allow for guests to meet and greet at either side of the hotel.

Need Improvement
Grounds - While the staff is great, I didn't see one person sweeping the hallways or spraying down the concrete, as you would in many properties rated high on this site.
Vaccuming - Would like to see a maid staff use the nozel and vaccum the corners in the rooms. Found a lot of debris in the corners, etc. bobby pins, food crumbs, etc. Not a big deal, but would go a long way in keeping the bugs away.

Would I return? Absolutely

Not specific to this hotel, but I have noticed that smokers outnumber non-smokers in WW, and it causes a tremendous strain on families that are trying to have a nice vacation. Not sure why smokers are attracted to the WW hotel scene, but, it's made our family start looking at other options from a vacation town perspective. I never thought I'd say this, but it's getting worse.

READING, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

After reading the reviews from other people we chose the acaia for our three day weekend. First it is far awy from the hustle and bustle, quiet we arived early and the person at the desk was friendly took our phone number and called us when our room was ready. When we open the door to our room, it was very clean fresh looking very open space. Two bathrooms, separate bedroom very nice. The price was right. If you go to the wildwoods, you'll be glad if you stay here. My family was very impressed.

Pittston, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

We have been going to Wildwood Crest for several years and tried a few hotels. We had a hard time finding a hotel that was clean and family-friendly. We just returned from the Acacia and it was wonderful. We had one of the two-bedroom units. It was very spacious and clean. There was plenty of room for my children to play. There were two nice-sized bathrooms that were clean. When we stayed in other hotels in Wildwood Crest, the rooms tended to smell moldy. They didn't at the Acacia. There was a nice pool that was well-maintained. The staff was also very helpful. One of our beach towels got placed in the hotel towel pile, and the manager went and retrieved it from the laundry for me. Only issue we had was trying to use the free Wi-Fi. We couldn't have more than one computer online at one time. Overall, we had a great stay and plan to return.

CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

My extended family does a yearly trip down to the Jersey Shore and for as long as I can remember, we've been staying at the Acacia. The staff is always friendly and accommodating, the rooms are great and clean AND it is just steps away from one of the best beaches I have ever been to. The pool is also a plus! I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else.

Thanks Doug and everyone!

Rockaway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at many beachfront hotels/motels over the years in Wildwood Crest--many of which were a huge disappointment. However, we hit the jackpot with Acacia and would never stay anywhere else! Our hotel manager, Doug, was very helpful and accomodating. Our kitchenette/suite with private balcony was top notch---clean, quiet and a lovely view of the beach as we ate our breakfast each morning! The location was peaceful yet close to restaurants, Cape May and boardwalk. Our only disappointment was when we had to pack up and head back home. Our next trip and future trips to Wildwood Crest will be at Acacia!! Thank you Doug and staff--wonderful! :-)

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Monroe, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Our family just got back from a wonderful trip to Wildwood and we were very fortunate to have found the Acacia beachfront motel. The first impression I got when we walked in the room was how clean it was. The maid service keeps the rooms spotless and the rooms are done early. I have been to hotels where I have gone out for the day and the rooms were not done when I came back. I loved the view our room as well. We had a 2 bedroom and 2 bath suite and the place was HUGE. My kids had fun bouncing from room to room. We were also very impressed with the managment there. They addressed any questions we had about restaurants and things to do. I never felt like I was bothering them when I was asking. Also loved the fact that you can go to the ocean which is only a few steps away and then swim in the swimming pool afterwards. The pool was not huge or anything like that but my children did not complain and again the pool was very clean. Our family loved tha Acacia and we look forward to returning next year!!!

Bill and Nicole and crew!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Acacia Beachfront Motel? Share your experiences!