“Average stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Holiday Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ocean Holiday Motor Inn
You added Ocean Holiday Motor Inn to your Saves list
6501 Ocean Ave., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #52 of 74 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Sayreville, New Jersey
“Average stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

The hotel is clean and the staff very friendly and accommodating. We saw staff constantly cleaning the outside areas at all hours, even scrubbing the sundecks down. Rooms are larger than most I've stayed in, in Wildwood Crest. There is a 6" drop down from the outside door entry area into the guestroom. Even though there is a sign warning you of this on the inner door, it was hard to remember that, and yes, we seemed startled everytime we entered the room b/c it caught us off guard and many of us almost fell. I thought this hotel would not be a good choice for older folks (like grandparents) as a fall could really ruin a vacation. Mattresses and boxsprings are fully encased in plastic....impressive b/c you are less likely to have "critters" in your bed. Sun Deck has a fabulous view of the ocean and it's steps away from the beach. The pool closes at 7pm (not sure why). Also the pool has northern exposure, which means no sun after about 1pm each day which caught us by surprise. The whole pool area was in the shade. If you like sun in or by the pool you would need to select a different hotel with southern exposure so you have sun all day long. Overall, we had a nice time, but would select a hotel facing south and one that did not have a step down into the room due to safety with the children we were traveling with.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

Being in the hotel business for 30 years you have to be of a certain mindset to stay in Wildwood. Think late 50's early 60's cookie cutter "L" shaped motels. At first it was a real turn off but as I stood by the pool one night looking at the other 3 motels on the adjacent corners, it was kind cool, retro feeling. Like an antique car I guess, cool but not a lot of modern amenties. So if you come here don't look for inside cooridors, electronic locks,
fire alarms (it must have been somewhere), matching wall decor, more than one elevator or a restaurant.
The owners seem to be making a valent effort at bringing the place into the 21 century but I think it will a be few more years before it all gels. For all you non-hoteliers making a hotel profitable on a three month prime season is not an easy thing to do, hence the steep rates. And there is a bit of a cleanliness issue. My white socks turned brown on the bottom after walking around the room, the back of the bathroom door was dirty with handprints, there was mold in the shower calking. Maintenance was lacking in a loose toilet seat, missing wall decor and a loud PTAC (A/C) unit that may be a design issue.
The one area that always haunts older hotels is hot water, so be prepared to pull like hell to turn it on (some directions in the shower would help) and to jump back when you go from ice cold to scalding (or vise versa) in a moments notice. And finally some people had mentioned that the photos on the webside were not accurate. They were in my case, not saying that all the rooms have been renovated.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
work
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I used to come to this hotel as a child and enjoyed it with my family. I came back 16 years later, and the hotel is still the best! The rooms have been modernized and updated, and are VERY clean! The pool is immaculate! The staff is unbelivable....especially Shelly. Ask for her if you go! If you come, don't be fooled by the ocean front rooms....get the pool side. They are more spacious!
This hotel has provided me again with wonderful memories! My family is making it a tradition again to vacation in Wildwood and stay at this hotel for many more years to come!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2010

Stayed here for irish festival. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It is AAA approved. They allow smoking on the balcony-if you are a smoker. Very nice view, the fireworks were right in front of this hotel. The rooms were nice and comfy. A bit further away from the attractions then i like, but it is on the beach, and not crowded or noisy.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
NEW YORK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

Recent stay in this Inn and got cold greeting, don't even start to say Hello or hi when you enter into information desk. What a service?
We will post more, there is more stories.
Viewers be careful with other good comments.

• Stayed September 2009
Dejais829
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

We have always stayed at Ocean Holiday when ever we vacation in Wildwood Crest which totals 31 years. The staff has been wonderful. Leon the owner is a fantastic host, as is Stephanie the manager. Stephanie advised us and made reservations for us at a wonderful resturant. Shelly and Simone were wonderful, (as well as Tommy and Margret ) and were extremely helpful, attending to any needs, including one night when we needed medical attention.
My sister, my father,my niece, her husband my 2 great nieces and myself had wonderful accomodations and our suite had been recently renovated. Bea the head house keeper and her staff keep our suite clean and stocked. Javier , and Carmello had the pool crystal clear, as well as the patio areas and the sun decks. Many of the guests we talked to had been comeing to Ocean Holiday when they were younger and returned to Ocean Holiday, to re-live and enjoy the atmosphere now with their children. Nothing compares to the Wildwood Crest beach or Jersey shore experience. We shall return and cannot wait for our next visit.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
nao14
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

Me and my fiancee went down to surprise my mother on mothers day. She heard from her friend that they had a great deal, because you can stay there and get your meals included in your stay. Now remind you I dont go to wildwood beach it's self is dirty and I dont feel like walking a mile to go swimming, Ocean city Maryland is so much better. But I was doing this for my mom. We got lost and the owner was there when we arrived, thank god. She even gave us a upgrade to the room next to my mothers, which was on the 2nd or third floor. The room was nice and cozy, and HUGE. Yes, the room didn't have a area rug in it, proubley because people would start complaining that it's dirty. We only stayed one night because of our work schedule. The bed was hard, but I loved it. Then on mother's day the owner handed out cute flowers to all mothers, which
I thought was very kind. Alot of hotels I stayed at dont really care about the people that stay their, just that you dont destroy the room and they get paid. There was really nothing to do in wildwood, I thought maby the beach was not so great maby the night life was better, I thought wrong, there were 2 bars open and you had to drive to them. They charged a cover charge and a arm and a leg for a drink when it's off season. But I would recommed this hotel if your going to stay in wildwood.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Holiday Motor Inn? Share your experiences!