“Planning on going back for sure!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Icona Diamond Beach

You added Hotel Icona Diamond Beach to your Saves list
Hotel Icona Diamond Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9701 Atlantic Avenue, Diamond Beach, Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Wine Dine & Unwind!
Ranked #1 of 73 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Hamden, Connecticut
“Planning on going back for sure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This was the first time that we stayed in Diamond Beach on the Jersey Shore and because the Icona was so accommodating we can not wait to return! I'm not certain whose does the hiring at this hotel but what an impeccable job of hand picking the finest employees. I had my special needs sister with me and they made her feel like the Queen of Icona! The hotel is very very clean, steps to a beautiful beach and a bike ride from the Wildwood crest boardwalk. Even though our hotel room had a stove and small refrigerator we still took advantage to the fabulous restaurant and I'm glad we did! I highly recommend this hotel - take a trip and enjoy!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with your family of 4 or more, I would suggest you ask for the absolute largest...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
PHILADELPHIA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at many spots at the Jersey shore but none like the Hotel Icona. It's a great upscale hotel on a beautiful beach, great pool and great poolside restaurant. I felt like I was at the Caribbean rather than the Jersey shore. Highly recommend.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

A very clean and quiet hotel that caters to families and couples alike!
Top notch Service and assistance. The ability to go from the pool to the beach was welcomed and seamless. Very clean beach with such soft sand. We will definitely return over and over.

Union, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Hotel Icona last week for three nights and had a wonderful time. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Our room was on the first floor. So even though it was on the first floor and the balcony was not very private, you can still see the ocean. The pool area was very clean. The walk to the ocean was short and beautiful. Felt like we were in the Caribbean. We only had breakfast at the hotel restaurant but it was very good. The only issue that I could find is that the wifi wasn't working all that well. Overall, very nice hotel and can't wait to go back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed for two nights and had a wonderful time. The staff was extremely friendly and the rooms were clean. The hotel is located minutes from the boardwalk and so many attractions. This is a hotel I would bring my family back to again and again.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Icona just this past week, the last of July. Every experience I had with the staff was magnificent, from making my reservation to check-in to check-out. The staff is always friendly, courteous, helpful, informative and professional. The rooms are clean, beautiful and well appointed with everything from robes and ironing boards to saute pans in the kitchenette. The pool area is always clean and groomed. They pay enormous attention to detail, are very warm and welcoming, and always available to expeditiously handle every request. The maid service is impeccable, with fresh linens and towels daily and an efficient clean up, no matter how messy we left it. And the maid service was provided when it was convenient for us. Randall, Jessica, Alyssa, Brice, and Josh, to name a few were just wonderful. We had three beach days, where the beach service and the guys providing it were perfect. And the rainy days were great because we had beautiful accommodations that we enjoyed being in so we had cocktails and hordeourves on the balcony. Life is good at the Hotel Icona. My recommendation to anyone staying in Wildwood is to stay at the Hotel Icona. You will not be disappointed. It was truly lovely.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms all have ocean views - beautiful. Of course the higher up you are, the less noise yo...
Wantagh, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My family recently returned from a 4 day weekend at Hotel Icona. I must say I was presently surprised with our stay. The hotel was clean and spacious.

My husband and I traveled with our 2 year old and despite the weather not bring great we had a great time. It was nice that the rooms were suites so our son could have his own space. Additionally, having the kitchen ammeniries were nice when we didn't feel like going out.

The hotel staff was very pleasant and even provided us with a list of things to do on a rainy day. The mornings there were rainy so we took our son to the model train museum one day and the cape May zoo the dr bond day. Thankfully, the weather cleared up by the afternoon both days and we spend some time in the pool.

The pool waittress Debbie was awesome and was very sweet towards my son despite him running through the restaurant at 7:30 in the morning!

Overall, we had a great trip my only complaint would be the bathrooms were a little small especially if you have several children and the air conditioning vent was quite noisy on the balcony. Compared to some of the other hotels in the area this place is a gem, clean, nice and modern.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Hotel Icona Diamond Beach? Share your experiences!