“Will Be Back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Icona Diamond Beach

You added Hotel Icona Diamond Beach to your Saves list
Hotel Icona Diamond Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9701 Atlantic Avenue, Diamond Beach, Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
New Year's All Inclusive!
Ranked #2 of 74 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Will Be Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I were very impressed when we entered the room. Everything looks new and super clean. The layout was perfect. The kitchen area had everything we needed, very cute living room area, comfortable bedroom, and clean, inviting bathroom. The best part is the balcony with access from the living and bedroom area. All ocean views are from the side of the hotel and although we had "ocean front" it is still a side view. Not sure the ocean view rooms have a different view than ocean front - just a little further away. I enjoyed the view but knew what to expect ahead of time. I am not a fan of having a separate bedroom normally but it was great in this case due to the balcony area with all of the light. We went after labor day so the pool area was not crowded and I was able to find a spot every day with an umbrella. The water temperature was cool at first but felt great once you are in. I imagine in more busy weeks it might be difficult to get a shaded spot. The beach is right off the pool. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Beach view is from the side of the hotel - even the "ocean front" so the view is only slig...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Just returned from a three day stay at this beautiful Hotel. Newly remodeled beautifully decorated. All suite room. The staff was very friendly. The pool was beautiful. Cannot wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: stay on the pool side beautiful
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Union, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My family and I needed an inexpensive place to sleep so that we may attend the Cape May Dragon Boat races. I booked this hotel despite the mixed reviews I read from the summer. I wanted a modern, clean cost effective option. At $150 per night Sep 27, and newly renovated it fit. Warning: We had a room next to the elevator and it was very loud! They really need to do something about the mechanics of the motor. The rooms are beautiful and the kitchenettes are ideal for a longer stay and children. The downside is the bathroom in the bedroom especially when you have an adult guest sleeping on the pull out couch. Our room had two large slider doors making for lots of light. The staff we came in contact with during our short stay were friendly and helpful. However we forgot out toothbrush and toothpaste but the front desk had none to give us or even buy. Overall I was pleased with my stay but if my stay was a week, and at a much higher peak nightly rate, I'm not sure how this rating would have turned out.

• Stayed September 2013
Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel was clean, recently remodeled, wonderful staff. Close to the beach and quiet location. The food was great in their restaurant. I would defintely stay there again!! Loved the surrounding condos and hotels, nice neighborhood. Still a close by drive to the Wildwood Boardwalk. The pool area was nice I loved the fountains that shot into the pool water. Loved also the outside bar and patio dining.

pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just returned from a long weekend in the crest. I was very leary of booking this hotel as I stayed at the old Pier 6600 a few yrs ago and it was HORRIBLE. I am amazed at how renovated it is, the location is perfect, as is the pool. Our room was comfortable, clean, and roomy enough for the 3 of us, and we would've had room for a 4th person. Plenty of towels and a great view of the ocean from the balcony.Can't totally comment on the food totally as we only had lunch both days, and it was good.
Service was wonderful and I particulary want to thank Randall at the front desk for his personal and warm attention. You won't be disappointed!
The only suggestion I would make is to install more hooks, or towel bars for the bathroom.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Lodi, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at Pier 6600 2 years ago and it was clean but old. Icona is totally renovated, new carpet, new furniture, new plumbing, new ac etc. etc etc. this hotel is at the very end of wildwood crest on the beach. We just stayed this weekend and we really enjoyed our stay. Some reviews here are getting into petty nit picking. Keep in mind this is a hotel in Wildwood and as far as hotels in wildwood go this is a very clean and nice one. If you compare it to the Marriott etc. you are a idiot.

The staff was a bit off but again this is Wildwood. The restaurant has great food but the service was terrible for our large group. They were slow in getting out our food but again the food was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Made reservations over 3 wks. prior and confirmed them day be4. Arrived and was told they were overbooked and recommended some dumps in nearby Wildwood. Told them we just confirmed yesterday and how did this happen. They stated a "Glitch" and did not know who or when the 5 reservations AFTER us were coming. After more info. on how it was their problem and not ours ... they offered us the Mngrs. room... single small bed not the Suite w/ separate living room that sleeps 6 w/ balcony. Servers looked and acted like Housekeeping that switched jobs after summer season and were slow and terrible. Food in restaurant good and location good and if had suite it would probably be satisfactory. UNEXCUSABLE. Thinking they gave rooms ignoring prior reservations dur to Irishfest and more $ that weekend. Their courtesy call to inform us was 4:00 that day. UNEXCUSEABLE

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Icona Diamond Beach? Share your experiences!