“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Icona Diamond Beach

You added Hotel Icona Diamond Beach to your Saves list
Hotel Icona Diamond Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9701 Atlantic Avenue, Diamond Beach, Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Continental Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 74 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent 2 nights at the Icona. It was a busy weekend and they needed our double room so they upgraded us to this AMAZING suite. The lady who helped us name was Nikki. She was great, she was so professional and friendly. You could tell she was very knowledgeable. She made us feel very comfortable there and answered a lot of our questions and more. We had an amazing view with huge windows and a big balcony overlooking the restaurant and a beautiful view of the beach. The whole staff greeted us with smiles and were just good people to be around. I would say it was the best Hotel I have ever been too. I will definitely be coming back next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My name is Adam and my girlfriend and I took a long weekend trip to the Hotel Icona. To beat traffic through Philly on our way to Wildwood, we decided to leave extra early and arrived at the hotel at about 9:30am. We knew that most likely we wouldn't be able to get into our room, but we decided to let the front desk know that we were there. Nikki at the front desk gave us an exceptional greeting. She was quick to help us out by giving us our beach tag and parking pass so that we could hang out on the beach for the day. She also told us that the hotel really needed our double room and asked if it would be okay if she upgraded us. I must admit that we were a little aprehensive at first, but that quickly went away with how nice and personable she was. We hung out on the beach for a while and decide to eat lunch at the hotel around 12pm and had great service from the restaurant staff. After we did a little running around, we decided to check back in with Nikki at the front desk and she had said that they were putting us in a specialty suite. On her computer the room was listed to be cleaned, but she said she knew the room hadn't been used the night before and was already clean. Without us saying a word about it, she quickly ran all the way up to the room just to double check it for us and it was clean. She got us into our room a little early and continued to be an excellent help the rest of our stay. We couldn't have been happier with her and the rest of the staff at Hotel Icona. The room was also an amazing treat. We had a great view of the ocean, yet plenty of privacy. All in all the Hotel Icona was a fantastic getaway and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

A definite repeat! Hotel was very clean, very well decorated and staff was extremely friendly! The topper--you are right on the beach. Hotel was completely renovated in May 2013. Great decorator!
Restaurant was really good for breakfast and late night drinks and snacks.
It is located in quiet section of Widwood.
The sand is really white here !

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed at this picturesque property for a couple of weeks. I was greeted by the diverse front desk staff, who helped me with my luggage and accommodated me to my beautifully renovated room. I was so impressed by the look of the Hotel as a whole. Also, I was taken by the functionality of the room; from the kitchenette to the separate sleeping quarters. The view from the balcony was breath taking. I was also happy that the room had its own temperature control.

I ate in the Coastal Blue restaurant and was really surprised at the quality of the service I received as well as the food. Wow great food and atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Pembroke Pines, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My cousins and I spent 3 nights at the Icona. The room was great with a great view. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The area is perfect, 10 minutes to Cape May and 5 to Wildwood boardwalk. Ocean City close by. Great place to stay. If there were any negatives it would be that it was a bit pricey, but we booked in the middle of summer, so it is to be expected. Bottom line, we loved it and will return. Great makeover Icona!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Philly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a lovely one night stay at the Icona Hotel. The room was clean, comfortable and very modern. We had a double-double room with a pullout sofa in the living room (#412). This is not a suite for a family of four to be comfortable in for a week. This is a good bet for a couple or a small family to stay for the weekend. The bedroom is small, with just enough room for the two double beds. Bathroom is very modern, beautiful and clean but tiny. The living room/kitchen area is good for breakfast (sleeps six but only has seating for 2 at the table) or snacks. And great for a toddler to play with all the kitchen supplies in the low cabinets :). The pool and beach were lovely.
Our complaints are as follows: We arrived at 2pm with the knowledge that check-in isn't until 3pm. I was still surprised that the room wasn't ready given that checkout is at 10AM! This is completely ridiculous to me that a hotel needs 5 hours to clean the rooms given that they are not cleaning all rooms at the exact same time for the entire 5 hours. When we called down on Sunday morning to ask for a delayed checkout (most hotels will give you a late checkout of 12pm for free if you ask), we were told they could give us until 10:30. I thought this was pretty shabby considering the expense of the hotel ($300+ for one night).
We did go to the hotel restaurant for lunch when we arrived. The waitress spilled my husband's drink and another glass of water all over us and barely apologized, and didn't offer to take the drinks off the bill (she replaced them but anywhere else I think we would have been comped for the inconvenience of having beer spilled on us). Our other complaints are mostly about the town of wildwood crest itself. Everywhere we went we felt as though none of the employees cared about customer service or making this an enjoyable vacation experience for the customer. This was evident at the hotel (you can rent an umbrella at the beach for $15 but its cash only and the hotel has no ATM; spilled beer; 10AM checkout), and nearby restaurants (Jamaican me hungry cafe refused to seat my family of 3 with toddler at a 4top table because "it might get crowded" and would only put us at a 2top table with a highchair squeezed in despite the place being empty); Dinner at Carini's restaurant took over an hour for food to arrive with no apologies and a rude waitress who told the party next to us "I warned you it would be long.") All of the food was mediocre everywhere we ate so definitely don't come to Wildwood crest if you want to have dinner in walking distance of the hotel. We may be city snobs (NY/Philly) but I have to say I much prefer the down home cheesy motels and boardwalk pizza joints in OCNJ to the fake upscale attitude of Wildwood crest. Although the hotel was nice, modern, and clean, we would probably not return due to the early checkout time.

Room Tip: We requested a room in the middle of the hallway to avoid noise off the elevators. It was nice and...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family and I stayed at the icona the first week in August and loved the hotel. The lobby had a very cool look and the restaurant was great. The rooms were great and even though the bathroom was smaller than I had hoped they were very clean and had everything we needed. It was nice to be on a private beach and the pool was beautiful. The front desk staff always greeted us with a smile and could not have been nicer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Icona Diamond Beach? Share your experiences!