“I love the Gondolier!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 73 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Arlington, Virginia
“I love the Gondolier!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Motels in Wildwood are mostly mom and pop, very few national chains. Some are dives, and you can't tell from the websites. This place is a treasure! We had a GREAT stay here! I took my teenaged niece and nephew for a few days, and this place was perfect! The location is great, right off the beach and boardwalk, with enough to do for the kids, but this part of town is calm in the evenings, which was just right for me. The rooms are small but VERY clean, with a fridge and microwave in each room. We parked at the motel and hardly moved the car in three days. Adam was very friendly and helpful; his family has done a wonderful job running this hotel. There is only one thing I would change, and it's so tiny I feel like a whiner complaining about it! Over our room door was a window, I think called a transom, and it let light in each morning, VERY early, as our room faced the beach. Light wakes me up, and I didn't want to be awake that early on a few days of vacation! If this was covered, or painted over, our stay would have been perfect! (See, I told you it was tiny!)(One more thing, the website is pretty lame. An investment here would totally pay off!) I would highly recommend this motel!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Burlington City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Wildwood, being right next to Cape May was a good choice if you can't always do the 2-3 night minimum stay and the costs associated with the wonderful B and B's in the Cape. So we searched, found a few good reviews, The Aztec and the Gondolier, and they just happened to be owned by the same family. The personal touch started at check in,through the baisc but nice breakfast of coffee and biscotti. What was impressive was the location, the price, and the value. And to top it off, we left a cell phone charger in the room. Called the next day, they found it, and sent it to us in 1 day. What great people and a return stay despite our focus was Cape May, will be one we will consider for sure.

Room Tip: get a room with an ocean view if possible.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed two nights at the Gondolier in late April of this year during a weekend with some family members and friends in the Wildwoods. If you've ever stayed in this area you know there are no five-star Hyatts or anything like that, but the Gondolier is one of the best places I've ever stayed at in the Wildwoods, hands down.

The room was clean and comfortable, and the shower was in good working order (not always the case at Wildwood-area motels). Also, the motel staffers were courteous and helpful.

Like I've said... this is not a five-star property and the amenities are relatively limited, but the ones that were available were just fine for a motel in this area. The only minor complaint I have was that I had trouble controlling the temperature of the in-room refrigerator... the temperature toggle wasn't working properly.

There is no on-site restaurant or coffee shop, but there is a limited continental breakfast with coffee, and there's a pretty good diner/deli within easy walking distance.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Fall River, Mass
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed at this motel with a senior travel group earlier this year. The rooms were very nice and the motel personnel were very nice, My only complaint was that the bathtubs did not have a non-slip coating when we were taking a shower. One lady bruised her knee because of this. The office might have had bath mats if requested but none were in the room. Except for this problem everything met our expectations and would recommend this motel to anyone. They have a very nice location and not very far from the boardwalk.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

My family has been going to the Gondolier since 1967. My parents, aunts, uncles and cousins all vacationed together as a family vacation. My family (sister, brother-in-law, niece, her husband, nephew and his girlfried) has continued the tradition with the next generation. The Gondolier is much better now than it ever was and I attribute this to the Pipitone family and Jerry. The pool and surrounding area has never been cleaner and Adam Pipitone treats you like family when you arrive. It's our home away from home. When we arrived this year Jerry told us about some great restaurants in the area. We went to H&H and had a terrific dinner of blue claw crabs. Every morning Jerry has a smile on his face and tells you that the sun will shine and you'll have a terrific day. It would be nice if one day during our vacation, Jerry could sit down with us and share his knowledge of the dining and night spots and not be on the run. Jerry works day and night and seems to be an extremely loyal employee, this says so much about his character. This also says a lot about the Pipitone family as very good employers. The employees and employers seem like family. This makes for a very comfortable vacation for all of the guests.
We had a very different vacation this year........an earthquake and being evacuated because of hurricane Irene. Never a dull moment!!! Adam was the perfect host and was very concerned about the safety of his guests. I hope that The Gondolier survived the wrath of Irene and I look forward to the summer of 2012 at The Gondolier.
Cathy DiGioia

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stayed with Adamo sr, jr, and jeanette for the 3rd year in a row and once again they did not disapoint, however hurricaine Irene ruined our trip as we were in a mandatory evacuation and had to leave 4 days early. We had my mother and brother join us and other friends were due to arrive when we were evacuated. The time there we enjoyed greatly and were so sorry we had to leave. But for sure we will all be back next year. And of course Jerry was the totoal ROCK STAR!!

Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Over the years, I have stayed at this motel. It is our family vacation site. However, in the past 2 years, our family time is more relaxing and fun. The motel is exceptionally clean. Every inch of the property is swept clean and maintained to an exceptionally high standard. From fixing a burner to helping select a location for dinner, Gerry is there to make our vacation a positive memory. Gerry is the "jack of all trades" that is there to help and he often shares a bit of South Jersey Shore history. It would be fun to sit and share a casual lunch with Gerry at the onset of a vacation and learn more about the local restaurants and sites. Gerry is an asset to the Gondolier.

Room Tip: Efficiency rooms provide comforts of home and flexible dining
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Gondolier Motel? Share your experiences!