“"Beautiful Place to spend with family or friends"” 5 of 5 stars

Granada Ocean Resort
8801 Atlantic Ave., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #56 of 74 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Newark, New Jersey
“"Beautiful Place to spend with family or friends"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Last year was my first year making a trip to Wildwood and it will be one I will never forget. One of the best aspects about my experience was the Granada! The staff was so friendly and anything I needed their service, they were right there. I did not have to look for them or wait an hour for service. They were even nice enough to suggest some entertainment trills that were located nearby. I have already booked my reservation for this memorial weekend and im counting the days! Cant wait to see you again Granada!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
granadamotel, Guest Relations Manager at Granada Ocean Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your patronage to the Granada Ocean Resort! It is so nice to hear positive vacation memories with us! It's a pleasure to be part of these great memories!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
East Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Never have I been on a vacation and i will never forget my stay at Granada. The same night that I got there, I persuaded my boyfriend to take a walk to thebeach, which is right next to Granada. I was amazed by how close the ocean was to the resort. It was very exciting and joyful. The king size bed was a big plus, especially since my boyfriend moves alot while sleeping. Anytime I needed something or had a question, they were quick to respond. I will continue to make my reservations at the Granada ocean resort!

• Stayed May 2013
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Last year for memorial weekend, I stayed at the Granada with my girlfriend and it was great. An extremely friendly staff with great manners and always present when help is needed. Since it was the first time I have taken a trip to wildwood, I asked the front desk lady for any suggestions and she definitely gave me a wide range of options. If any couple is interested at staying in the Granada, definitely recommend the KING size bed. The size is not a joke, huge and comfortable!

• Stayed May 2013
Turnersville, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My huband, myself and our 8 month old stayed here. It was gross. The sofas are clearly dirty, carpet is nasty and the frig had mold on it. The toilet stopped working, they had to come 2 times in our 4 day stay to fix it. The carpet was so gross we had to put a sheet down so our son could even play with his toys. The sheet after 1 day was almost black. We will not be visiting this place again.
Also good luck with parking. Thats a joke.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Binghamton, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hmm, where to start? The worn out carpet? The dirty couch? How about the cigarette ashtrays conveniently set out in front of every room?

We stayed for 4 nights. When I say "stayed" I mean that we looked for ways to spend as little time as possible at the hotel. The room smelled musty and also had the sweet smell of mildew throughout. The A/C unit (nicely placed in the bedroom...) was so loud we couldn't talk in there. The sink cabinet had an electrical box with exposed wiring underneath. The rug (I'm being generous here) was dirty, worn, and had no underlayment. I kept my sneakers on when in the room. We had to constantly ask for towels after housekeeping had finished. The door had a gap at the top about 1/4" wide.

So what did I like? I got new sheets every day that we could use to cover the couch. The "resort" was right on the beach. The stairs worked fine. Cigarette smoke wafting up from the courtyard didn't burn my eyes too much.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Holmdel, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Management and staff were very helpful and worked hard to keep things clean and running right. Heated pool was nice, warm and clean, as was the grill area. Great king bed. Room was very clean every day. Guests from many cultures were friendly and respectful. It is a fun place. But, know what you are getting into: it's one of the 1950's Doo-Wop motels. They are truly a national treasure. My wife and I can stay wherever we want, but we especially love these types of places. There are many modern hotels and condos to rent if you can't deal with a box TV ( which worked great) and some less-than-modern rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We arrived room was ready. Front desk clerk was nice. Got to the room...my son started to cry. The place is cleaned as well as can be expected...the carpets are filthy, the couch was visibly dirty and worn. On the up side the view was great, the bathroom looked clean, refrigerator clean, didn't stink too bad. Pool was crowded and cloudy. The sun deck was blocked off with other people laying out on it. ( did they pay extra? I don't know) even though I would never return here, if I had brought a large comforter to cover the couch and all new bedding and a runner for the floor. AND I was on a tight budget and wanted to be on the beach..this was the cheapest in a beautiful area. Across the street are new homes so the people that live around here take care of there properties. Better then central Wildwood. The only people to we afraid of are some of the guests here. Oh and right next to my room is the JUNK room for the hotel. Pics to follow.

Room Tip: Bring your own sheets and something to cover the sofa