“Nice for families” 4 of 5 stars

5711 Ocean Avenue, On the Beach at Heather Road, Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #16 of 74 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
“Nice for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2005

Very well maintained and managed motel. Rooms and common areas are very clean, staff is friendly and responsive, they provide plenty of bath towels, and maid service is great. Our only disappointment was that the pool closed at 7 pm but maybe that's standard in the area. My one recommendation, which I saw someone do, would be to bring a clothes drying rack to hang your towels and wet suits on.

Good Food...
Sorrento's Pizza on the Boardwalk
The Crab House in Cape May

Fun...
Bike rentals across the street $6 per bike for 90 minutes (rent early since the boardwalk closes to bikes at 11am)
Morey's Pier Water Park on 25th Street (they have an evening special $15/per person from 4:30 to 7:00)

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2005

I made my reservations in February of this year after much research on the internet and based almost entirely on TripAdvisor reviews. I must admit that I was really excited and looking forward to my stay at the Attache.
My husband and I along with our 4 year old and 21 month old arrived on time to check in. We went to have lunch since our room wasnt ready yet.
We were on the third floor deck which was sort of a huge common balcony for about six rooms. The guests in the rooms next to us kept us up all night till about 1am laughing and talking really loud right in front of our room. They had fire crackers going off on the deck , their kids were throwing balls onto our door and my kids had a hard time going to sleep.
The room was clean, but the kitchenette area by the sink, fridge and range was really old and rusted. I couldnt even use the frying pan to make my kids breakfast because it had a dent in the center and kept burning up on me. The duo bed that my husband and I slept in was so lumpy that I actually sank a couple of inches when I would lay down, and i am only 118 lbs! The parking spaces allowed for the cars were so narrow we were afraid that our car would be scratched everytime we parked. I am aware that management cant be held responsible for the actions of some of their guests, but most of them dont seem to respect the fact that other people are also there to relax and enjoy themselves. I think we deserve that right after spending $220 a night!!

North Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2005

Just got back from the Attache. We had a great time. It is right on the beach, a few blocks from the boardwalk. The people who work there are friendly and helpful. And the pool has to be the best in Wildwood. Big and wide and the best part is that high diving board. The kids loved it. We did a lot of researching on tripadvisor before going here. Next time we go, we won't have to do any more reseach, we're going to the Attache!

RINGWOOD, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2005

Before booking my stay in Wildwood Crest, I thoroughly read the reviews on this site before making my decision where to book. I decided to book at the Attache because it was ranked #1 and seemed to be very family friendly, which was very important since we were traveling with an 11 month old. As far as my impressions of the place, you have to keep in mind that all motels in wildwood are old. there are new condos and townhouses popping up everywhere you look, but it doesn't seem from the outside that any motels want to put up money to modernize their outward appearances. as far as our room was concerned, it looked dated (especially the yellow/ blue bathroom) but i cannot stress enought how surprised i was with how CLEAN it was! my wife and I are germ freaks, but found nothing at all to alarm that the place wasn't thouroughly clean (absoluetly no mildew like some other motels). the batroom for example, although it looked like it was from the 50's, looked brand new to the point that all the grout between the tiles was sparkling white. everything looked freshly painted, the carpets, sheets, towels, fridge, all looked clean. as far as the size of the room, we stayed in a type F, which was adequate but would next time get a room with seperate bedroom so we wouldn't have to tip toe around while our son was napping. as far as the service goes, it was OUTSTANDING. Very friendly at the front desk and more than willing to help you find you way around or give recomendations on places to go. we had a problem our first night with some rowdy kids next door having a party in the middle of the night, but with one call to the front desk, everything went quiet within 5 minutes. the other nights were very quiet at night. the pool was great, the 1 1/2 foot kiddie section of the pool was great for my little guy, although we had to wait a while for some pool chairs to free up. the location of attache is great: right on the beach, couple blocks from start of boardwalk (amusement piers are about 10 minute walk), playground and basketball courts right across the street as well as a bike rental place. i am planning another wildwood weekend for the end of summer and most likely will stay at the attache again!

• Stayed June 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2005

I Stayed at the Attache in the summer of 2004 and am making my reservations now for 2005. I have never stayed at a motel as clean as this one. And on top of that the staff is friendly and helpful. Oh did I mention it was clean?

Bucks County, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2004

Loved the Attache. The motel is VERY clean. Everyone was so friendly. Management was very helpful, as were the support staff. Nothing was too much for "Carlos", and everyone did their job with pride. The kids LOVED the diving board and especially the sliding board. Big thumbs up for the pool. The only downfall were the rooms with kitchens. We felt the stove ranges were unsafe with little children due to the gas just turning on upon a twist of the dial. One had to light the burners with a match. I found myself obsessive/compulsively checking the gas range knobs to make sure no gas was on. The playground across the street was another terrific plus, as was the close proximity to the beach and the boardwalk.
This place is great, neat, clean and friendly. We will absolutely return next year, and highly encourage others to try out the ATTACHE.

Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2004

I booked this hotel strictly on the recommendation of tripadvisor.com (we usually have stayed at the El Coronado in the past) and was not disappointed. The fixtures are a little dated but the place is super-clean and smelled lemony-fresh (I kid you not). I dropped my ring on the floor and found it wedged behind the bed next to the baseboard that had obviously been vacuumed within an inch of it's life--wow! Much cleaner than the El Coronado and less expensive.
The staff were very friendly, from the receptionist to the cleaning staff--all very cheerful and accomodating.
My teens said "It was the best hotel ever" because of the pool, diving board and slide.
As with any piece of real estate the best part was "location, location, location". Just a few blocks from the boardwalk (close enough to walk but far enough not to get eny noise), a bike rental place, bike path and playground are right next door. We ate our meals on the deck which gave a lovely ocean view. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2005

Been to Attache Resort Motel? Share your experiences!