“Excellent!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 74 hotels in Wildwood Crest
Edison, New Jersey, United States
“Excellent!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The El Coronado's location is the best by far! Right on the beach and also in the Crest which is away from all the excitement if that is what your looking for. Staff is top notch and rooms are clean. Pool is great and I love that they have gas grills on the patio area which I can attest are thoroughly cleaned every night.
The only thing is that darn balcony light! I wish we can turn that thing on and off by ourselves because at night when sitting it attracts the bugs. They go on automatically at nightfall so it can be annoying. Wish they would change that or make the light accessible so I can turn it off. It has a cover over it which cannot be removed. That's just a minor nuisance though.
We go every year and can't wait for our upcoming trip.
You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
brucemo123, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you, Christine, for your kind comments! I will report your concerns with the balcony lighting to the owners. Please ask for me when you check-in this year...I have a sweet surprise for you.

236 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Hackettstown, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Each time I went to the El Coranado it was a really good experience. Everyone I met there was friendly and the room was always very clean.The small cafe had excellent,friendly service
.I can't say enought good things about this hotel.... : )

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We booked one of the package deals from the El Coronado which included breakfast every morning, 1 lunch for each of us, 1 dinner to select restaurants and a Gold, Platinum and Silver attraction. It was well worth the money. We went to Elaine's Dinner Show in Cape May, rode the Silver Bullet and saw many dolphins in the water along with a few babies and dinner at the new restaurant by the Silver Bullet, sorry cannot remember the name off hand but I must say, everything was excellent. The accomadations are fine, the staff always helpful, our room was cleaned and stocked everyday. Overall, I advise book one of the packages, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Nicholson, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I just finished my 4th stay there, and after doing a lot of online research, I've kept coming back to the El Coronado after being unable to find a better combination of price, location, and amenities. Previously I've stayed on the 6th floor, for the view, and disliking noise from overhead, but this time I had to request a room on a lower floor after the 1st night because either the AC compressor or air recirculators made such a loud throbbing noise it gave me a headache. The third floor room I moved to was fine. I heard another guest complaining about the same thing at the front desk so I know it wasn't just me. Hopefully this can be rectified by next year. My biggest complaint is the about the 12 hours a day the pool loudspeakers are playing a commercial top 40 radio station. Since most people have I-pods and other personal music devices these days I would recommend doing away with the poolside music entirely. Then it would be possible to read in peace or just sit on the balcony and enjoy the sounds of the surf. Other than that, my latest visit served its purpose of recharging my batteries and having fun.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have a better view, but are noisier due to the pool crowds and music playing...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Bruce R, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I will consider this information with my staff for next season.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I got married at the El Coronado! We were the first couple to use their newly built "Fiesta Room" as our reception room. We got married on the the beach, and had our reception in the Fiesta Room. The hotel made our wedding and weekend so memorable. From the staff to the managers - we want to thank them all. It was unbelievably perfect! We had 25 rooms rents, for a total of 80 guests - and everyone of them raved about how clean their rooms were, how friendly the staff was, and how amazing our wedding was! I couldn't be happier!! This is a definite place I'll stay again!

Room Tip: any room is a good one!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the great review...It was a pleasure hosting you and your family as well. Welcome to the El Coronado family!
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The entire exterior had been redone since our last visit many years ago. A big improvement.
The front desk was friendly and efficient. The restaurant was great for breakfast. We had one maintenance situation with the in-room safe, which was fixed within 10 minutes. The room and bathroom were clean; however, the carpet could use cleaning.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor or high.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

The El. Coranado was a fantastic place to stay. The staff couldnt have been nicer and our room was so clean that we couldnt believe it was the last week of August. When i tell you our room was spotless I'm not kidding. The daily activities for the kids are great and the grills on the patio are
a nice bonus for when you want have a burger or steak with the family while looking at the ocean. Thanks to a great staff - we really enjoyed our trip.

• Stayed August 2012
Bruce R, General Manager at El Coronado Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you! It is always our aim to provide clean and comfortable rooms for our valued guests. Your kind comments will be shared at my weekly Manager's Meeting. We look forward to hosting your next vacation in the Wildwoods!

Been to El Coronado Resort? Share your experiences!