“I LOVE the Yankee clipper” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yankee Clipper Resort Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Yankee Clipper Resort Motor Inn
You added Yankee Clipper Resort Motor Inn to your Saves list
Atlantic to Ocean Ave. at Cardinal Rd., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #68 of 73 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
A TripAdvisor Member
“I LOVE the Yankee clipper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2004

After reading all these reviews about how "bad" the Yankee clipper is, I had to write. My family and i have been staying at the Yankee clipper for 15 years, and NEVER had a problem! Our rooms and linens are ALWAYS clean! My oldest daughter was only 3 yrs old when we started to stay there, and "the women behind the counter " was and still is VERY PLEASANT to her and her younger sister. Could the problem any of you had with this place be unruley kids, or your snotty rude attitudes ?

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2004

I went to the Yankee Clipper for the 4th of July.
From the outside it seemed like a decent motel, but from the inside it was very dark and not clean looking.
I do agree Everything needs to be updated and it probably would be a nice place to stay,
The owner seemed more uptight about getting her money, then how her guests may feel once they were there.
The towels and blankets and sheets were so old and faded looking and the chairs with the table were rusty!!!! You couldnt even sit on them......The place had furniture from 1970, which is fine but it was all old and broken down. The garbage can had a hole in it.
I'm so glad I brought some of my own linens. But for that money I shouldnt have to.
The owner said to my husband you hold the key to the best room, And I believe she thinks that!! YIKES what does the worst room look like....I mean if I needed a room so so bad Id go there but maybe not...
..Anyway we made the best of it you could see the fire works from our room which was nice, but we left a day early, in the middle of the night because we could not bare sleeping on that hard bed,where you feel the springs coming out.
I paid good money and certianly couldnt get it back and I wouldnt want anyone to go through that. we felt mislead .....Beware.....

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2004

My family and I have just returned form a wonderful vacation at the Yankee Clipper Resort Motel in Wildwood Crest. We were close to both the beach and the boardwalk. The staff and management were more than accommodating. Being 7 months pregnant my doctor was very concerned about me traveling and I will say it was a very relaxing trip. The hotel was clean, has a great view and for being warm outside the room was nice and cool and comfortable. I would recommend this Motel very highly.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2004

We keep returning each year to the Yankee Clipper because we feel it represents true value. It is always clean, close to the beach, and the kids love the pool. The room decor may be a little dated, but never shabby. The view is nice (ocean, beach and ballfield across the road) and it has a northern exposure, which means shade after you get off the beach. Can't beat the Yankee Clipper in WWC for the money.

Long Valley, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2004

My family has been vacationing at the Yankee Clipper every year since 1992. For the past 6 years, my beach house buddies from 25 years ago have been staying there with there families as well, and it is as much fun as going to the Playpen was. (Well, almost.) It's great to sit on the balcony with a couple of brews and watch a little league game before heading out for the evening.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2004

We have been staying at the Yankee Clipper for over 20 years, starging when I was single and would go with my parents, and I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else in Wildwood! Our children love it (they choose it over Florida every year), we love it , the management is wonderful and we have made many wonderful friends there! We HIGHLY recommend the Yankee Clipper as your summer vacation spot!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2003

I used to go there every year for about 10 years, then one day I noticed the same pictures were hanging on the wall and the furniture and carpet hadn't changed in all that time. The next year we went stayed at the Tangiers, which was like living in a closet! Never again will I stay there. The Yankee Clipper was dated, but the staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, it's close to the beach and kid friendly.

Been to Yankee Clipper Resort Motor Inn? Share your experiences!