“Just right.... but bring your own pillows” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Astronaut Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Astronaut Motel
You added Astronaut Motel to your Saves list
Stockton Rd., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
A TripAdvisor Member
“Just right.... but bring your own pillows”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2005

We had realistic expectations of the efficiency, which was small, but completely adequate. The place was really clean and well maintained, even if it was somewhat dated. It looked like the clientele was all repeat customers ..which says alot. Lots of families of all shapes and sizes. Not rowdy (really great). The pool was deliciously heated, and immaculate. The beach was right there - on your doorstep. There was no coffee shop or sandwich place nearby, so bring your own. Most of all, the pillows were horrible. Definitely bring your own. All in all, it was a great family place. My daughter was welcome to play with the dogs in the office in the morning--which was the highlight for her.

• Stayed June 2005

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2005

I have been staying at the Astronaut with my parents since I was a little girl. Now that I am married with kids, we have our own room, next to my parents who still return faithfully every year. If you are new to the Astronaut, book your reservations in April, once all of us repeaters have paid the deposit (I think that is the soonest you can book your room). See you all in August!

• Stayed August 2004
Johnson City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2005

My family has been staying at the Astronaut every June for about 11 years...it now has become a big family tradition, aunt, uncles, cousins,grandparents, and we have met some very nice families that are there from year to year. Even though the kids are now teenagers, they still look forward to going. This year we are even working it around 2 graduations!! Ed and Donna do a great job with the motel, very clean and well maintained! Great hospitality!!

• Stayed June 2004
Rochester N.Y.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2004

The Astronaut Motel is a great family run Motel. The rooms and pool are always neat, clean, and well cared for. The owner is always available if needed. Great value for the money. Above average for the New Jersey Shore!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2004

Just had a great weekend at the Astronaut 5/14-5/17/04 great rate, clealiness gets an A+. Hope to get back several more times before the cold weather returns. Hats off to Ed and family.

• Stayed January 2005
NJ USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2004

I've been staying at the Astronaut during the Elks Convention since 1994. Ed and Donna keep the hotel marvelously and are really nice people. The rooms are clean and they are kept up-to-date on repairs. The pool is spotless and they keep the grounds clean too. The same maids have been working there since I can remember and that says alot about the management. I have stayed in the smaller units and the "condo" style, 3rd floor units. While the condo units are definitely the most spacious, all of the units are clean and neat. Most of the people I've encountered there (besides my fellow Elks) are repeat customers who return each year during the same time period. Someday, when my career settles down, I'll be one of those!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2003

During a recent stay - my family and I were singled out by the manager, stereotyped as some kind of "rowdy biker group". One person had a motorcycle and the rest of us have been going there for years. Why the sudden discrimination?? Letters have been sent to the motel association as well as the chamber of commerce!! Never will I stay there again and be made to feel unwelcomed. I'd rather take my $280 and throw it out of my car window while driving down Rt. 55!

Been to Astronaut Motel? Share your experiences!