“Excellent Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Horse On-The-Lake Motel

Red Horse On-The-Lake Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Red Horse On-The-Lake Motel
You added Red Horse On-The-Lake Motel to your Saves list
7705 New Jersey Ave., Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260   |
Ranked #52 of 72 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Perkiomenville, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Nice, quiet location. Adorable hotel, family friendly, clean rooms. The owners are very nice and extremely accomodating. We will definitely be back. Loved this place.!!!! -Judi Kukula

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

This is A wonderful little inn right on Sunset Lake. We've been coming here every year for the last few years and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else! This place is definitely a throw back to the "good old days" of Wildwood! It is the epitome of charm and relaxation at its best. One of the highlights of staying here is the wonderful. 50's music! Boy, does it add to the ambience and certainly brings you back to the good old days which is what going to Wildwood is all about ! So, Kay and Art, please do us a favor and please never stop the great music (which by the way is never loud). It adds to the charm and makes for a really enjoyable time !

• Stayed July 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Perhaps the rooms were re-done; certainly looks so. Previous reviews noted shabby conditions but the rrom was updated and very clean. All new tile, no pet odors. Great spot, wonderful owners and a great view. Loved it. Stayed for 7 nights.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

My husband, our precious dog and I have stayed at the Red Horse Motel every year for the past 4 years and have loved every minute of it! There is no place we would rather stay not to mention our doggie loves it there too! Every minute of time spent there is truly the epitomy of a peaceful, relaxing vacation.

Upon leaving every year I book for the next year and sometimes 2 years in advance as well as many others who also stay there. My husband and I feel more at home at the Red Horse than any other place we've stayed. The rooms are great and the apartments are expecially warm, charming and spacious! The location is wonderful right across from Sunset Lake which is so peacful and tranquil and a wonderful place to take your dog. The owners and staff are fabulous. Kay and Art are wonderful people who are so very accomodating! The great thing about the Red Horse is that almost everyone who stays there are people who come back every year - anywhere from a couple of years to 15-30 years. That says volumes about a place and the people who run it! Those who may pass through breifly with high or snobby expectations (like the previous reviewer) should go elsewhere and find a place that suits your needs for you are an extreme minority. Kay and her staff keep an extremely clean, pet friendly, quiet, wonderful little inn. People with high expectations just can't appreciate a place that is so quaint and loaded with charm that really brings you back to the old days of Wildwood at its best!

Almost everyone we encounter when we stay there except for the occasional one or two nighters (people that pass through) have been comig for years and wouldn't stay anywhere else! Trust me you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Malvern, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We needed a place to stay with our dog in the Crest because there was a already a crowd staying at my parents' place for the 4th of July weekend. So we booked a room at the Red Horse which is right down the road.

I was realistic when we booked and wasn't expecting the Four Seasons - or even a Marriott - but this was beyond terrible. Thank god I thought ahead to bring my own sheets and towels, because the stuff in the room looked like it was someone's old, used linens. The bathroom was fairly clean, but overall, the room and everything in it was just dark, dank and dingy. Thank goodness I also brought a bed for my dog, because I would have felt bad even making her sleep on the floor.

The worst part was that the owners of the hotel (who live in a house attached to the property) must sit in their house and chain smoke all day because I almost choked when I walked into the office to check in (the office opens into their living room) it reeked of old, stinky, stale smoke. Even better, our room (Room #1) was adjacent to their living space which meant that their smoke came drifting under the door into our 8 x 10 closet of a room.

Last, the bed was smack in the middle of the tiny room with less than foot of clearance between the end of the bed and the wall (this being the only thru way from one side of the room to the other), making it necessary to climb over the bed to get anywhere. My husband literally had to climb over me to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Again - I wasn't looking for a 5 star hotel, but this was beyond gross and depressing. We lasted one night and then couldn't take it anymore and left. What a waste of nearly $500 - but we were so happy to escape that we didn't even attempt a refund.

I wish I would've taken some picture to post because you have to see how bad it is to believe it. We were in such a hurry to leave that I didn't even want to spend another minute in that room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Gibbsboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

My grandparents lived at the shore and staying here reminded me of those days. Laid back and easy going. There is an area out back to grill dinner while enjoying a beautiful view of the Lagoon from the upper balcony.There is also an amazing deli right next door. The lagoon features a little park where all the dogs went for a daily meet and greet.. We brought our fury son Buster with us and he was welcomed by a group of his peers. Everyone staying here was friendly and considerate of each others pets. We stayed in the smallest room that was clean and affordable just perfect for showering and sleeping. If you are more of a "in the room" kind of vacationer get a bigger room.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
tinton falls
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I was at the hotel on 8/17/10.i went to wash my hands then dry them with the towell that was in the bathroom. in the towell was a piece of glass that cut my hand open. after getting medical attention i did not want to return to the hotel.i asked the owner for a refund and was told that would not be possible. was i asking for to much?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Red Horse On-The-Lake Motel? Share your experiences!