“Location, Location, Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 74 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Location, Location, Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I would definitely recommend this property , all of the staff was helpful & accommodating , the rooms were very clean. The beds were comfortable, and the location is unmatched. Great job. I have stayed in other Wildwood Crest properties in
the past. In my opinion this is the best bang for your buck. Finally a staff that knows how to treat they're guests

• Stayed February 2014

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I spent one week at the hotel my experience was wonderfull the owner was very hospitable and wonderful. I recommend this hotel as being very clean and nice. The maids made sure I had everything I needed especially the head maid florenza. The place to go to for your vacation in the wildwoods.

John rufarot

• Stayed September 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My wife and I booked in October last year and we had a nice time.The hotel is under new ownership and the staff is great.We are planning a vacation for 2014.I would refer this hotel
to my friends for great service,cleanliness and family place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Northeast, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Booked this hotel in early August for a late September stay. We chose it because they were offering a $99 weekend deal (plus tax). We get to the hotel this past weekend and the bill we’re presented with totals $150 plus tax. When I requested that the owner change the amount back to what we were quoted over the phone, she refused. Here’s where her true colors showed and why you should avoid this hotel at all costs.

Owner: “That offer ended July 31st. You booked on August 2nd.”
Me: “But it’s still showing on your website.”
Owner: “Well, it shouldn’t be.”
Me: “But it is and since it’s listed there you have to honor that price.”
Owner: “Oh, we just put that price up a couple weeks ago.” (Notice how the story changed. First it was only good during the month of July. Then it was only good during the month of September. Conveniently, it was not good during the month of August when we booked, even though it was on their website the entire time.)

At this point the owner started trying to blame us for not questioning the receipt when we got it, so here’s the kicker. When I scrutinized at the bill (after I told the owner we’d never be returning and decided to just take the matter up with our credit card company based on a screen shot of the deal in question), there was no remaining balance listed. All it showed was the $100 deposit paid, no total cost, no remaining cost, nada. So basically, what this hotel is doing allows them to charge you whatever they like once you arrive. If you are willing to take the risk of staying here, I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend you request an itemized bill through the mail, showing EXACTLY what you are paying. Do not rely on a phone confirmation because this outfit is a bunch of scammers.

As for the hotel itself it was adequate for two nights but there were a lot of problems. The exterior of the refrigerator was rusted or moldy or something to that effect, an issue that was attempted to be covered by a shoddy epoxy application. The outlet in the bedroom into which the desk lamp plugged did not work, so the desk was more or less unusable. The housekeeping/maintenance staff does not speak English, so good luck if you try to resolve an issue like this one. We opted not to bother. No hair dryers are provided. We were able to get one at the desk, but when the hotel is busy, you’ll more than likely be out of luck. Tub was really old and did not match the rest of the bathroom.

With all the hotel/motel options lining the Wildwood Crest/Wildwood shoreline, you’d be better served to look elsewhere. We ended up paying more for this one than we would have at most of the others thanks to the scamming ownership. In any event, I’d prefer to pay more and know I was dealing with honest people than less with a bunch of liars.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dean S, Manager at Diamond Crest Motel, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
The guest arrived with extra people and our manger explained to them that special did not apply. The customer kept insisting that she needed to pay 99.00.Our manger had upgraded there room to a larger room to fit the extra people.We also explained to them that there is a fee for extra guest that not registered.
Swan Point, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a yearly booking for us. We enjoy the Irish Fest. The trip to and from that includes the Lewes Ferry is something we look forward to. Along with 3 or 4 couples, we attend the Irish Fest every year. Usually there is a "Car Show" on the boardwalk at the same time. We enjoy the Diamond Crest as it is in a good location, far enough away from "the noise" but close enough to get to everything.

Room Tip: I enjoy the rooms where you can see the Ocean
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dalton, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have stayed at this location for years and know of several different owners. The last renovations made the place more comfortable and pleasing to the eye. This year when we arrived on Sunday afternoon, workmen were all over and I couldn't find a place to park. Things improved but I think the construction workers were parking in too many of the spaces. Depending on when you stay, it can be rather loud with lots of obnoxious families taking over the premises. You just have to enjoy your own family time and ignore the behavior of others. The room are kept clean but with no frills. They cut back on the number of TV channels they offer. The kids were disappointed that the Disney channel wasn't available. The beds are not very comfortable and the sofa bed was very difficult to pull out each night. Towels were at a minimum. I had to ask for face clothes and dish towels. Our room had no coffee maker or toaster. The location is tops, but I think the management needs to establish some rules and enforce them. We wanted to cook on one of the three grills provided, but again, they were always being used by others. I understand that renovations are being done in the motel for next seasons guests. I hope that the management will discriminate in the types of guests they attract or be prepared to see that people aren't so rude to others by taking the place over.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My family stayed at the Diamond Crest for 10 days
The new owners are very nice and accommodating there are alot of new improvements on the building.We have been coming there for the past 8 summers.The rooms are very clean and the staff is great.We will be back next year.I would recommend this hotel for families and couples.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Diamond Crest Motel? Share your experiences!