“How Rude!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 73 Hotels in Wildwood Crest
ny
“How Rude!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2006

Upon my arrival, I had booked a beach front view but was very upset to find i had a view of the parking lot. The staff informed me that my room was ocean view. I must mention that in order to get a view of the ocean you had to stretch your neck over the terrace to the right to see the ocean way down yonder.

My room was filthy. After crawling around for a short period of time, my baby was filthy and his knees and hands were black with dirt. (At this time we were in our room for 20 minutes.)

What stands out most is the fact that I was told by the staff I was called up at 10:30 and told there was a 10pm curfew and i was threatened that if my kids werent in my room she d call the cops, give me my money back and send me and my family of 6 packing. When i went downstairs to look for a manager i was told by Ashley, the rude worker, that "the hotel makes enough money here, it most certainly didn't need my money."

Last year I stayed at Starlux and it was much nicer, as were the staff.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The terrible customer service, parking
  • Tips/Secrets — DONT GO
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2006

Others have said it but I cant stress it enough, the brochure photos and those on the interet make the place look a lot nicer than it is. We stayed in the Indies Suite which is a whole lot smaller than any picture they show.

I found the staff at the front desk to be very unhelpful-they couldn't answer any questions about local things to do and they just weren't all that nice.

The place was clean but some of the furniture could use an real deep cleaning. The location was great but overall I would not reccommend this hotel.

We did enjoy our vacation and the place was okay but it didn't live up to the pictures and the staff was really disappointing.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2006

This is our fourth year to Wildwood and the third time at Aquabeach and I have to say I think this is a nice place to stay. Every year they try to update the hotel and the persons at the front desk are very helpful. We will be back next year. Thanks Aquabeach.

Reading, pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2006

We have stayed here twice before, 2000 and 2002. This will be my last time staying. The first two times, things were pretty nice. This time around was very disappointing. For the amount of money you are paying to stay there, you'd expect better customer service, more modern rooms and housecleaning to actually vacuum the sand off the carpets.

The room we stayed in was an upgrade from what we reserved. The condo room seemed newer and was roomier .It could have been cleaner. There was some type of bug in one of the kitchen cabinets. The room did have a funny smell when you first walked in. The washer stopped working the night before we checked out and I was told at midnight to walk across the street to get a key to the condo next door to us. All in all, it was a bigger room than what we were expecting. I wouldn't pay $147 a night for it though.

When we were loading the car to leave, the staff was telling my husband about other renters in the building who smoked and damaged the room they were staying in. Three days later when I was balancing my checkbook, I noticed a $300 charge from Aqua Beach pending. After calling them, I was told we were being charged for smoking in the room and a broken screen on a door. I told them about the staff telling us about the other renters in another room and told them they must have charged the wrong card/person. I was promised they'd fax a letter to my bank to release the hold on my money, but according to the bank, the letter faxed didn't state that.

It's been 2 days and the charge has gone through and made my account negative. I will be charged an overdraft fee due to them wrongfully charging our card. I tried calliing and was told to call after 8 am, that there is no manager on duty at night. I will be on the phone 8:01 am tomorrow requesting my $300 and the overdraft fee if I was charged.

Just make sure you watch your credit card/bank statements for charges such as this. I have talked to other previous guests and were told the same type of incident happened to them or others they know.

I think there are cheaper places with decent customer service a block or so off the boardwalk to stay.

Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2006

Wow, when I received the Aqua Beach brochure I was really impressed. I ended up booking a package for Jun 9-11, 2006 for two adults and two children for two nights. It included one dinner, two breakfasts and a choice of a couple of things to do. It cost 299.00 in a "cayes" room which looked fantastic in the brochure. The day I checked in I doubled checked to make sure that I was in a non smoking room. When I walked in the room (room 133) it was a smoking room and the room itself didn't look anything like the picture in thier brochure. The hotel clerk clearly lied about the smoking. Which I can't believe because I had a two and four year old.

When I went to complain the women (who had checked me in) was helpful but she wasn't very nice about it. However, she did upgrade me to a two room suite (room 231) which was very nice. Although one of the TV's didn't work but I just didn't feel like talking to that women again.

As for the location it's ok. Aqua Beach is oceanfront but the beach is at least 1/4-1/2 mile wide...quite a walk with two small children. And you are one block to the boardwalk but plan on walking about a mile to get to any of the piers with rides.

I thought the Aqua Beach restaurant had ok breakfast choices (you do get a limited menu with the package). The dinner voucher had a 15.50 credit for your meal. You had a choice for 4 pretty nice restaurants.

Aqua Beach had a nice lobby and a brand new internet cafe which was decorated very nicely.

Please don't go by their website or their brochure. I think these pictures and discriptions are for their two other hotels which are one block off the beach. These were clearly newer properties.

Both rooms I was given hadn't been updated. Both were smoking rooms. My friend staying during the same time was given room 224 which was non smoking and newly renovated. This room looked a little similar to the picture in the brochure.

With all the other choices in this area I don't think I will be back.

Millville, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2006

First I will start off saying don't go by their broshure or website. The broshure and website for Aqua Beach makes the place look wonderful and it is not! I was very disappointed and will definately not return. No problems with the staff. We stayed in room type D wich is located right next to the Adventurer Hotel. While trying to sleep all we heard was music and people. The noise was so loud, it felt like we were in the lounge ourselves. We were with our 5 yr old, so I think the hotel should have given me a different room location or at least warned me about the noise level. The ceiling in the hotel was so thin. I have never stayed in a hotel before and heard so much noise from the other guests. At 5:30am every morning it sounded like a heard of elephants above us, just going back and forth for hours non stop. They charge you 25 cents for ice, which is outragous. The little cafe that they have was not great. The food portions were small and the service was terrible. We ate at the hotel next door the next time. The worst part was the shower in our room. There was someone else's body hair on the shower walls, which was completely gross. They obviously do not clean the shower stalls. I am very upset that I was so misled by this hotel's broshure. We will not be reurning here and I will not recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed March 2006
Elmira, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2006

When I first booked my vacation at Aqua Beach Resort, I was enchanted by their beautiful brochures. After booking, I was horrified to read several "not-so-good" reviews, so I e-mailed a letter to Aqua Beach expressing my concerns. The management replied timely stating everything they do to ensure a nice vacation - at least they cared enough to respond!
PROS:
-Beach amenities (umbrellas and boogie boards) were a GREAT bonus;
-Staff was very friendly during check-in, throughout our stay, and at check-out;
-Absolutely WONDERFUL location - walk to boardwalk or beach one minute or less;
-On site cafe - we didn't eat there, but it looked clean and busy;
-Nice outdoor pool, and poolside BBQ grills - we cooked steak dinner one night!
CONS:
-Not what I would call a resort ... more like a motel with additional ammenities;
-Upon arrival, the room smelled like Lysol - apparently over sprayed to cover up the musty smell that older coastal motels usually get;
-Very old decor and furnishings, while I don't think they were dirty, just really old;
-First morning we didn't have hot water. We called down to the front desk, and they said that they'd send somebody right up. By the time he arrived, the water was hot;
-Cheap, limited toiletries
OVERALL - the brochures may be a bit misleading, but my theory is, "If you want a Hilton, stay at a Hiton"
Aqua Beach is neither the nicest nor worst place I've stayed. Would I stay there again? Perhaps, but there are a lot of other available choices in Wildwood. I would choose Aqua Beach over a small motel any day, however, I might prefer a larger, more upscale hotel.

I'd like to add that overall, we really had a GREAT vacation!

ACC and ACF
Elmira, NY

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Aqua Beach Resort? Share your experiences!